Anonymous Members

Postby mxzx131 » January 19th, 2006, 6:15 pm

Rob Quetschke #131
John Deere Racer
Stock classes
mxzx131

Anonymous Members

Postby Long time cat man » January 20th, 2006, 3:03 am

OK, sounds like what's my line....but here goes. Name is John, I live near Saginaw, Mi. and I'am soon to be 57 yrs. old. Retired from GM 8 years ago and have been a race fan since buying my first sled in 1972. I've been to almost every MIRA race since the days of the triple crown when it was just Lincoln, Alpena, and Traverse City. Been to the Soo-500 every year with maybe the exception of 2 races. Went to all the factory races when they would race at Kinross, Hartford, Imlay City, Alpena, and Lincoln, MI. Went to lots of the WSA nationals in MI. and Lake Geneva, Wis. Also, some of the indoor races. Took the boys (I have 3) to the races in Eagle River plenty of times back in the 90's. Been even more interesting the last few years with the older boy working with the Bad Frog and Cadarette MIRA race teams. In my working years I always spent one day of the weekends at the races and the other trail riding. But now that I'am retired, I do all my trail riding on week days and attend races on the weekends. Sad to say...I haven't been to one yet this season. I just started going to trasher meets 3 years ago, and am having a great time meeting with and riding with several of the folks from the trasher forum. Great bunch of people! I'am one of a few OLD guys in the group, but I'am having fun. Have expanded my riding areas in the last couple of years from Mi. and northern Wisc. to include riding out West and just recently riding the Tug Hill area in NY. Wife is not a snowmobiler, but she's a great woman I've been married to for 28 years and knows how much I enjoy this game and gives me lots of flexibility. NEXT!
Long time cat man

Anonymous Members

Postby RpR#10 » January 20th, 2006, 4:42 am

This is cool.

Ray Richards #10, North Pole, Alaska. 31yrs. old, I work for the Trans Alaska Pipeline as a Construction Supervisor.

I have been racing 26 years. Started in 1/4 Midgets in the Midwest.

I race Sno-x, X-country, Grass Drags, but my favorite are Ovals. I have been to Beausejour twice, last December and the previous one. I have a couple Podiums at BJ in the Sport classes and one Win. Last year I also won the Sport Stock and Sport Open Sno-x points championship in Alaska. I race Polaris mainly, but rode a Doo out there last December.

thats pretty much it, BTW its -30F here this morning...throttle down! ***Oops, make that -40F this morning...***
RpR#10

Anonymous Members

Postby motherlove » January 20th, 2006, 10:55 am

Ray, Send that cold weather down here to Sault Ste. Marie, Michigan!! We need to build this one mile oval track of ice for our 500 mile enduro race. You should come down and try it!

jan Bailey, Never raced, been at the track in the pits since 1977 and I'm not that old! Chairman for the I-500 since 1998 Love it!
motherlove

Anonymous Members

Postby t-train » January 20th, 2006, 12:24 pm

My name is Jeff. I live in northeast, Wi. Enjoy stock car racing, snowmobile racing and camping.
t-train

Anonymous Members

Postby Pipman » January 20th, 2006, 3:14 pm

Patrick Mullins, Baldwinville, Massachusetts, 38 Years old, Massachusetts State Snowmobile Champion 1994 Mechanics race. Retired shortly their after because of all the fame, just never got off the high saddle as a State Champion.

Worked with only the best of the best in Snowmobile Racing, Moulton Lanpher, Hooper, Samson, oh and Benoit, Hallingford, Jones. Love building champ sleds but my current job has me working Saturdays, so I don't get to the races much anymore.

Presently work as a Landfill Manager, or some call me the "Dump Dink" at the local landfill. Recently married to Courtney and I have to tell ya, if I only knew married life was this good, I would have gotten married probably three weeks earlier. (JK court)

I do miss the great times, memories, races, life long friends made from snowmobile racing.

Got the name Pip from Philip's oldest daughter. There happens to be two Patrick's in the family, if they were telling a story and it involved one of us, the other was called Pat and I was called P-Pat . So one day she comes running around the corner as I was leaving and says see ya Pip, or so I think the story goes, anyways it stuck. I like it better then some other names I have been called too!

That's me in a nut shell,

Patrick (Pip)
Pipman

Anonymous Members

Postby RCNDRT » January 21st, 2006, 2:23 pm

Chad Bock
Full time Firefighter/EMT in Menomonie, WI.
Spent 7 years working at LRM.
Went late model racing for more years than my wife likes to count.
Spent the last 11 years with a group that has come down to Brian Rydeen. Started with Willy Jensen, Tom 'Fiddler' Jensen, Jim Adams, and Tom Paulson. And anyone else who needed some help on the weekends. In too damn many EMS classes now to devote the whole winter racing so when Im at work I check out this site alot.
[b]GO LEFT OR GO HOME[/b]
RCNDRT

Anonymous Members

Postby am88 » March 9th, 2006, 8:08 am

I Thought I would revive this post, and see if we have any new people to this site who would like to add their info.

Thanks,

Andy
AM
am88

Anonymous Members

Postby snosports » March 10th, 2006, 4:35 am

My name is Joe Kuchnicki. I am 43. My wife and I live between Alanson and Pellston MI near a little town called Brutus. Raced MIRA pro-enduros in the early 80's with a couple of different teams. Won the MIRA pro-am stock 2 championship in 1979 or 80 on a 76 340 Starfire TX with co-driver Dave Fink. My dad sold snowmobiles from 1973 to 1980. The name snosports comes from collecting Rupp snowmobiles over the years. They were called [i]sno-sports[/i] until 72. I still race a 75 Rupp F/A when the spirit moves me and the weather is nice. Otherwise I am very active with our local snowmobile club. Very tough keeping trails groomed these days. I started a website on behalf of the club www.harborspringssnowmobileclub.com. I love MIRA enduros and the Soo. I like all the teams but try to support team 21 a little more because my cousin Eric works his butt off for them. I have been a technician at Walstrom Marine (.com) for 18 years. We sell and sevice Hatteras and Tiara yachts.
snosports

Anonymous Members

Postby Stroud Racing » March 10th, 2006, 4:58 am

Hi my name is Favian Stroud 21 of Stroud Racing in New Hampton, NH. My father has been riding since the late sixties and I started as I child riding. We have been to Valcourt the past eight years, and last year in Cannon for the SCM.
Now we have a 800 drag sled we have been running (learning never ends) In speed runs. This past year we started hill climbing in the summer with the AMA. It covers a lot of New England. We were invited to the nationals in West Virginia Of course we were the only two sleds there. Both 800 ZRT's.
If any one has interest in hill climbing E-mail me. We haven't had much snow here in a while so we have expanded our riding season to all summer. It feels good to go faster than bikes and show what real power is. We have grown this year to around 8 sleds in the class and we race at 5 hills with a total of about 15 race events. We were featured in Am Snowmobiler at the beginning of the sled season. One of the hills we race at is just down the street from the cannon oval track. We also race at the hill climbs on bike week at Gunstock.
Hope to help stir some interest. You can contact me at sracing84@yahoo.com
Guess that is us in a shell.
Stroud Racing

PreviousNext

Return to Ovals & Enduros