Subscribe Today

Sad news from the Soo

Sad news from the Soo

Postby maxiracer » February 6th, 2006, 3:47 am

From the I-500 site...

Information Regarding Driver Joe Burch
Posted Mon, 06 February 2006 12:19

The I-500 volunteers and officials would like to send our condolenses to the family of Joe Burch; his wife Sheila, his 2 children Joe and Jennifer, family and team members of #19 Tommie Bauer Racing.

Joe died at War Memorial Hospital on February 4th 2006 at 2:40pm after suffering a coronary event on lap 241.

Joe was back up driver for team #19 Tommie Bauer Racing, which also includes qualifying driver William Long III and Chad Bauer.

Visitation will be held on Tuesday, Febraury 7 from 2-5 and 7-9 at Clarks Funeral Home in Mt Pleasant on 114 S. Bradley.

Funeral will be held on Wednesday @ 1:00 it will be held at Sacred Heart Catholic Church on Fancher St. in Mt. Pleasant, there will also be a 1 hour visitation prior to the funeral.

The family has requested that any teams attending please wear your racing attire.

A trust fund will be set up for Joe's children. Memorials can be sent to.
Sheila Burch
4144 N Mission Rd
Rosebush, MI 48878

OR

Mike or Kelly Otto
1460 E. Washington Rd.
Farwell, MI 48622

Please take a moment, and say a prayer for his family and friends.
[b]Bevra Vintage Ice Oval Racing. Old School rules...[/b]
maxiracer

Sad news from the Soo

Postby gofastturnleft85 » February 6th, 2006, 9:02 am

The entire MIRA family is deeply saddened by Joe's death. Our thoughts and many, many prayers are with his family.

Godspeed Joe.

Jamie Vincent
MIRA Sec.
gofastturnleft85

Sad news from the Soo

Postby ZR440champ » February 6th, 2006, 9:07 am

My thoughts and prayers are with the family, Joe was a super guy.
ZR440champ

Sad news from the Soo

Postby MIRA 58 » February 6th, 2006, 10:19 am

I didnt really know Joe but he seemed like a pretty nice guy. My deepest sympathies to his team and family.
ALL I CAN SAY IS THE [COLOR=#000099]DOGGS[/COLOR]and the [COLOR=#009900]CATS[/COLOR]BEST WATCH OUT FOR THE[COLOR=#ff0000]FROGS[/COLOR]
MIRA 58

Sad news from the Soo

Postby Ovals Forever » February 6th, 2006, 1:18 pm

I am confused was this a result of a crash or something that just hit him while he was racing like a heart attack?
Ovals Forever

Sad news from the Soo

Postby polaris120 » February 6th, 2006, 1:29 pm

no this incident was not do to a crash on the track he was going down the back straight when this happened.

all of our prayers and thought go out to the family anf freinds from the the TEAM TORTURE #35 and #135 and crew
[blue]Walt Komarnizki [/blue]
[red]#135 / #35 Team Torture[/red]
polaris120

Sad news from the Soo

Postby motherlove » February 6th, 2006, 2:30 pm

Burch, Joseph Michael
June 3, 1961 - February 4, 2006

Joseph "Joe B" Michael Burch II, 44, of Rosebush passed away doing what he loved, snowmobile racing in the I-500 on Feb 4, 2006 in Sault Ste. Marie. A Funeral Mass for Joe B. will be held on Wednesday, Feb 8, at 2:30 p.m. from Sacred Heart Church with Fr. Don Henkes and Lorraine McGuiness officiating with interment St. Henry Cemetery. The family will receive friends on Tuesday, Feb 7, from 2-5 7-9 p.m. at Clark Funeral Chapel. A vigil service will be held at 7:30 p.m. Visitation will also be held on Wednesday, Feb 8 from 1:30 p.m. until time of service at the church. Memorial contributions may be made to the family for a trust for the children. Joe B. was born on June 3, 1961, in Mt. Pleasant to Joseph and Sandra (Russell) Burch. He married Sheila Torpey on Oct 16, 1987 at Sacred Heart Catholic Church. Joe B. was a truck driver for Henkels and McCoy for 17 years. He was a member of St. Henry's Church, Midwest Int'l Racing Assoc, American Motorcycle Assoc and Teamsters Local 406. He played softball for Burkholders Party Store in the Rosebush Softball League. Going fast, turning left became a family motto. Joey and Jennifer are right on the heels of their father. Both enjoy and are racing themselves. Joe B is so proud of his kids and happy to share his love and passion of racing with them. He took the kids with him everywhere, even when working on the sled the kids were right there. In Joe B's life family was #1. He was a loving husband and father. He was so proud of his family he loved to take and include them in everything he did. Sheila and the kids are his #1 fans. To his friends he was the best guy to have on your side. If anyone needed help he was their in the drop of a hat. If Joe wasn't racing on snow he was racing on dirt. The race season never ended for him. He would switch from the sled to his four wheeler and then head to the car track. Joe helped with his friend, Chad Bauer's race car. If this didn't keep him busy enough he some how had time for softball as well. Joe B had lots of teams and lots of numbers to go along with them 10, 19, 30, 70, 61 and 636. These were all obtained through snowmobiling, four wheeling and softball. Joe B. is survived by his wife Sheila; children Joey III and Jennifer; mother Sandra; brothers Jack (Marcia) Burch, Delbert Burch; grandmother Violet Sober; mother and father-in-law, Hilton and Helen Torpey; sister-in-law Kathy (Gregg) Talbert; brothers-in-law Tom (Sarah), Chris (Renee) Torpey, many nieces, nephews, family, friends. He was preceded in death by his father

Please share a memory of Joseph with the family at the chapel or through the Condolence Register Book at www.clarkfuneralchapel.com

Cards and contributions to the trust fund can be sent to
Sheila Burch
4144 N. Mission Rd
Rosebush, Mi 48878

Our prayers and thoughts are with all of the Burch family and Team 19

Jan
motherlove

Sad news from the Soo

Postby froggy3 » February 6th, 2006, 3:18 pm

All of us at Bad Frog Racing will miss Joe. Our deepest sympathies and warmest prayers are with Joe's entire family. Joe was a fine man and a great racer!
froggy3

Sad news from the Soo

Postby Debbie84 » February 6th, 2006, 4:40 pm

My prayers and thoughts are with Joe's family.

I will miss seeing Joe's smiling face.

He was a great man, loved his family, friends and racing.

Debbie
Debbie84

Return to Ovals & Enduros