Subscribe Today

#96 Jacques Villenueve

#96 Jacques Villenueve

Postby Fontaine Racing » March 6th, 2006, 5:36 pm

VERY IMPRESSIVE!!
Fontaine Racing

#96 Jacques Villenueve

Postby ice_racer_440 » March 7th, 2006, 4:29 pm

As much as I would love to see a Ski-doo guy take this honor. I think I am going to go with 28. He has won 3 WC now "he's one of the elite" and I feel hes going to make it [b]"the 1st"[/b] 3 in a Row. Go 28!!
ice_racer_440

#96 Jacques Villenueve

Postby polaris_racer24 » March 7th, 2006, 5:31 pm

u guys dont reize jacko is arragant hes is all about the attenchion .... thats one the things he likes the most and htats one the things he is in it for he tryes way to hard
polaris_racer24

#96 Jacques Villenueve

Postby jhooper/HRE » March 8th, 2006, 1:49 am

Anyone who really watched Jacques DESTROY the competition at Valcourt this year would not be able to suggest another oval racer for R.O.Y.
Jacques did not win by luck or simply outlasting the others, he didn't even get the holeshot, he simply SPANKED the entire field and all the best current racers were running. IMPRESSIVE!

I really like snowweek and their staff but I have noticed an unfortunate trend, they seem to think it is more important to make sure they are somewhat evenhanded when it comes to awarding R.O.Y.
EXAMPLE: Last year the award went to a guy who drag races stock sleds, it was their turn {lets get real}. Does anyone really think drag racing stock sleds compares with talents like Jaques, Terry W. or Blair M.?
Sure it's tough to cut a good light consistently but teenage girls do it quite often, how can you compare the driving talent required to drive a stock sled in a straight line to sports like sno-x or ice ovals where the driver has to be a true athlete AND have a ton of driving skills to run up front?
Each sport should have it's own R.O.Y., then you could pick an overall R.O.Y. and if a drag racer truly dominated all the major races in the BIG MOD. CLASSES then they should be considered for overall R.O.Y. but domination of lower classes in any form of racing does NOT deserve R.O.Y, status.
The way the current R.O.Y. is decided is unfair to all different forms of racing.
The only way the R.O.Y. title will ever have any true credibility is if it is decided by "Who is truly deserving?" not "who's turn is
it?". John H.
jhooper/HRE

#96 Jacques Villenueve

Postby Flatout » March 8th, 2006, 2:35 am

When looking at the name "Racer of the Year" and looking at Jacques who spends countless hours year round developing new technology and considering that this is his life passion and looking at his successes this year, I feel that he is the most deserving of all the racers for the title "Racer of the Year".
It is not uncommon for Jacques to be working into the wee hours in July testing new pipes or testing a new port arrangement looking for fractions of a horsepower. His accomplishments in our sport are too long to list and he only seems to be getting better each year. His driving style has changed from the full broadslide dive into the corners a few years ago to a more clean "hooked-up" line of late. His consistency is better than it has been in years past but his fierce desire to win has not diminished in middle age. As for ROY there are lots of other talented drivers and yes there are other types of racing other than ovals with their own stars but there is not another driver in any other snowmobile sport that has dominated like he has this year. Coming from the middle of the pack and chasing down the young stars like Moyle and PJ and then checking out you would never know he is 52!
ROY,,,He has my vote!
Flatout

#96 Jacques Villenueve

Postby AHF928 » March 8th, 2006, 3:19 am

Polaris racer 24, you don't even know the man. If you did you would not have made such an uniformed statement. All racers crave some level of spotlight, its the competative nature. Jacques has helped out more guys behind the scenes than you will ever know.

Its guys like him, John Hooper, Dermont Wahl, Mike Houle that push each other to higher and higher levels, Jacques just happens to actually drive the stuff he spends those hundreds of hours on.

If you ask the guys who have been given parts, sold parts for lower than low prices and given free expert advise from Jacques and those of his level you would know they are NOT all about the attention. Attention from fans comes with winning, and winning in Pro Champ takes hard work.
Ovals rule 728racing.com
AHF928

#96 Jacques Villenueve

Postby 231 Dad » March 8th, 2006, 4:52 am

I've seen Jacques race for years but have never saw him dominate as he does this year.

Valcourt he came back from a hard crash Saturday to win going away on Sunday. He is fearless and a little nuts. ROY for sure, Hall of Fame for sure, competitor to the max.

Like AHF928 says above he is one of the driving forces improving Oval racing for all of us.
231 Dad

#96 Jacques Villenueve

Postby Drift_Hopper » March 8th, 2006, 5:19 am

No.....No.....No.....Com'on Guys..........How long have you been reading Snow Week.....??????

Ya know... R O Y is gonna go to .....like .....a watercrosser or a hillclimber .....or like maybe one of those extreme Red Bull show guys.......oh...ya..well their not "racers" ...LOL..

Com'on Snow Week.....At least pick him to be in the top 10!!!
Support Your Local Club!
www.drifthoppers.net
Tri-County Drift Hoppers
Snowmobile Club
Arcade, New York
Drift_Hopper

#96 Jacques Villenueve

Postby xltwanab » March 8th, 2006, 5:32 am

Maybe us oval guys should all contact the Editor/s of Snow Week and let them know how we feel, if they don't already check this site. It might be worth a shot, and maybe it'll bring a little more recognition to the ovals in the process.
xltwanab

#96 Jacques Villenueve

Postby canadianvintage » March 8th, 2006, 5:32 am

Jacques has been to the sport of ovals what Earnhardt was to stock cars - a legend in his own time. Absolutely, the man is very aware of his stature in the sport, but look at the contributions he has made over the years, in addition to the many personal sacrifices. He's having a great year, no doubt and deserves the ROY. In fact, you'd be hard pressed to find a more determined, talented and committed racer anywhere in the past 25 years. He's got my vote for the top racer for the past quarter-century.
canadianvintage

PreviousNext

Return to Ovals & Enduros