Subscribe Today

Eagle River Questions

Eagle River Questions

Postby Spy-Guy 74 » November 19th, 2006, 4:11 pm

Hey Jeff have you fellows been testing yet, hope to be out by next weekend here. Maybe sooner if the weatherman's wrong with his predictions. Good Luck this season, should be a great one for you guys with all the new equipment!
Spy-Guy 74

Eagle River Questions

Postby Ovals Forever » November 19th, 2006, 4:21 pm

Any news on the weather in BJ I bet they are chomping on the bit with the first race only 2 weeks away.
Ovals Forever

Eagle River Questions

Postby Fontaine Racing » November 20th, 2006, 1:43 am

Jeff
Cant agree more with more racers and less classes.
should clarify my thought. there has always been a women's class with Pro-Ice, and at the derby. it has been A 440 pro stock class (liquid). last year at the derby Linzi was the only entry, until we talked some other women into entering. and I believe at least two of them were fan sleds. now the only women we have left are on sprint sleds, reason being, they are less money than setting up a stocker, they are way easier to drive, and they still want to race each other.
so the thought was not to add a class, but turn the women's stock class into the women's sprint class. I am pretty sure they would still run with the guys also, making more racers with no added classes?
Fontaine Racing

Eagle River Questions

Postby ice_racer_440 » November 20th, 2006, 3:34 am

Im going with PJ. Its hard to beat a kid that has as much determination as him. Not taking anything away from anyone else. There are alot of racers that are quite capable of winning. He's a good friend of mine so im going with him. If PJ doesnt I think Nick Dolezal or (Mondus he was up there last year battling)should win "Houle Ski-doo's".
ice_racer_440

Eagle River Questions

Postby ICEISNICE » November 20th, 2006, 8:47 am

I am with Proton, Adam Meihls all the way. Last was his first year on a champ sled, and won the Semi-Pro World Chamionship at Eagle River on a 4 or 5 year old sled. He can find the fastest lines and drive the sled. It takes more than motor and suspension set-up to win a race. You gotta drive em.
[blue]WHY ICE? CUZ SNOW IS SLOW!![/blue][red][/red]
ICEISNICE

Eagle River Questions

Postby Ovals Forever » November 20th, 2006, 11:32 am

It is about time for Houle and Ski Doo to strike again.
Ovals Forever

Eagle River Questions

Postby JL32 » December 1st, 2006, 11:16 am

Hard to say who will win. Everyone is fast from out East to the Midwest and up north der ah. If I had to guess I would say Wahls. If I had to pick a so called dark horse I would pick Matt Shultz, I heard he will be on some Wahl equipment this year. But then again they all just got to get through the heats first. Good luck everybody!
JL32

Eagle River Questions

Postby Ovals Forever » December 4th, 2006, 4:15 pm

In the 70's if you placed at all in The Worlds Championship Race it was bigger than winning it is today. "In the factorys eyes that is"

This year Cat will pay you $5000.00 to win it.
Ski Doo will pay you $1000.00, Polaris $0 Yamaha $0

Compared to Snow Cross Winter X
Cat- $5000.00 Doo- $5000.00 Pol- $5000.00 Yam- $0

Jackson Hole hillclimb-
Cat- $5000.00 Polaris- $10,000 Ski Doo - $10,000 Yamaha $0

Doesen't that just suck?

This came from the last Snow Week.
Ovals Forever

Eagle River Questions

Postby 124blizzard » December 6th, 2006, 1:18 pm

It just shows once again that ovals does not get the recognition it deserves! The forum with the most activity here gets "boned" as has been tradition. I have said it before and I will say it again - take a "poll" from everyone then lets see what the manufacture's pay out for the various disiplines. My $.02 cents.
~Brian
blizzard
124blizzard

Eagle River Questions

Postby OvalsareFAST » December 6th, 2006, 3:30 pm

Personally I think the ATV's work good there. Ya it gets a little packed in the paddocks at times but overall it speeds things up.
OvalsareFAST

PreviousNext

Return to Ovals & Enduros