Subscribe Today

Question for Jerry or Watcher

Postby that 31 car » March 29th, 2007, 4:55 pm

extreme 22.
leave the helmet home!
I agree we also run one on one day and one on the other. The only grumbling I get is some guys want to run 440's with the 600's and are finding they used to be in the hunt and now they are not. So now the deal is let them up the carb size. To me that's a bit of a problem, cause, let's be honest, after a few weeks the 440 guys will tend to forget to change back to small carb's for Sunday.
See you soon.
Korinek
that 31 car

Postby Spy-Guy 74 » March 29th, 2007, 5:57 pm

Jerry lets be honest, anybody that can slip through tech with 38 flatsides versus 34m round sides on Sunday's events. Give me a break I've never seen a tech guy with that poor of eye sight. Anywhere!!
Spy-Guy 74

Postby lerch23 » March 29th, 2007, 8:45 pm

Holy cow, what do they feed those kids in Northern MN!!!!
lerch23

Postby ice_racer_440 » March 30th, 2007, 2:42 pm

I raced in the champ class a few years back with PJ in semi pro and pro. And im going to make a attempt at getting back in it if I can. But this makes me really rethink my decision. Ya im light like PJ and Chris and how many others but we all have to work out "get into shape" to get to where PJ and Gary and Dustin are in fitness anyways. Why penialize the small guys. So by this I have to get into shape that much harder to lug more weight around while someone else can loose weight be it diet or whatever and not change there work out or work out less possibly. Like everyone says on here even the guys that have been in it along time like Jerry, JV#96, Gif and everyone else from what i here out east say "Leave it". I dont think Mike Houle would be for it either. Maybe we have to get more imput from past and present racers and champions and maybe newcomers that are possibly coming into the class. How many more current racers would we lose or gain from this. Just my thoughts.
ice_racer_440

Postby CoryEwingdeactivated » March 31st, 2007, 2:11 pm

Glad to see you are thinking of coming back Shaun. Next year will be a great year to come back. A lot of good things to look forward to. You will soon see.

Cory
#6 HOGLUND RACING TEAM

[b]WWW.HOGLUNDLAW.COM[/b]
CoryEwingdeactivated

Postby ZR PILOT » March 31st, 2007, 5:21 pm

OK - my turn!! I am a huge fan of Champ 440 and am friends with most of the competitors. My thoughts - LEAVE IT ALONE!! There is a good crop now with even more coming in the next few years. If a person is taller and built a little more solid than someone else - DO NOT change the rules to accomodate a couple people!! These guys work out most of the off-season to get into shape to muscle these high-powered sleds around for what - 10 weekends a winter(if they are lucky?) - don't hold it against them!! Look at what NASCAR is in the process of doing(Car of Tomorrow) - changing the chassis to accomodate a couple of the taller drivers(along with supposed safety improvements - ?) - look where it has gotten them so far - NOBODY(even Bristol winner - Kyle Busch) likes the new "truck"!! Anyone know how Michael Waltrip is doing this year so far(one of the taller drivers)??
Please - USSA, Extreme Ice, EPT, CPTC, and ISR - DO NOT change the rules and wreck the future of the PREMIER Class in ice oval racing!!! If everyone involved is serious about getting oval racing back to the FOREFRONT of ALL of snowmobile racing forms - DO NOT change the minimum weight rule to 375#!!!! The Wahl's have all the resources in the world, along with other chassis builders, to find a way to lighten their sleds, even 10 pounds, to make their chassis' safe and ultra competitve!! SAFETY is supposed to be the #1 concern in any form of racing - how can all the other "lightweight" drivers SAFELY find a way to add 25# to their sleds??
If I upset any drivers or chassis builders - I am SORRY - that was NOT my intention!! I just want what's best for the sport of Ice Oval Snowmobile Racing!! Please also - QUIT bashing one sanctioning body or another!! Trust me - you would NOT wanna be in their shoes in any of the other politics associated with putting on a race of this caliber!! Thank them for what they have done for the last 35 plus years and support them whenever there is an open weekend on your preferred sanctioning body's schedule!!
I bet if we leave the weight rule alone for a few years - Champ 440 driver entries will slowly increase for the next few years!! If they decide to change it - I personally don't know what could happen, my thoughts - not good!! Give the teams and drivers something to strive for - getting into shape, building a SAFE and competitive chassis, and FOCUS on their job at hand every race weekend - "dialing the sled in" EVERY time out on the track - for the Final!!
A fan of snowmobile oval racing!! ;)
ZR PILOT

Postby TDC » April 1st, 2007, 1:45 pm

[quote="that 31 car"]I assume it will pass, even though I'm personally against it, I must represent our majority which felt it was needed. I know th east coast guys seem to want it, so that two for the combined weight.
thanks[/quote]

How did you determine that the majority is for a new weight rule?

Based on what I've seen here and conversations with other teams the vast majority is absolutely opposed to any new weight rule.
TDC

Postby watcher » April 1st, 2007, 2:28 pm

sitting in the last 10 years of the ISR rules meeting, the way it came down last year it almost past then. jerry made a motion to freeze the class for 5 years without the combined weight rule. they frooze it all except the combined weight rule. jerry offer to do a study on it for one year and bring it back to the table. if not for jerry it would have been past last year and lock in for five years. that is why we feel it will pass this year. and now with all the neg about it maybe it won't???

one vote per organization

watcher
watcher

Previous

Return to Ovals & Enduros