Subscribe Today

Stock racing dying or is ovals

Postby teambehnracing » March 28th, 2007, 3:03 pm

Thanks Bob,
Any two bits is better than one.
Last year we got a little bit of a late start, however, we did set up the race trailer and sleds at an antique swap meet in Sept. and we had a float with the race sleds on them and a big banner in all the area holiday parades. We had to watch our advertising budget and this kind of advertising was free. At our race this past year we raffled off prizes and no one knew this but we wanted them to fill out a ticket for the prizes so we could get their address and calculate where we drew the most fans from so we can adverise a little heavier in that area.
You do have a good point about advertising earlier and often. Most people even myself are so busy with all the activities going on that you almost have to get to them early so they can say hey I'm going to a race that weekend.
Spy-Guy74 said that when they were a kid that a snowmobile was all they had in the winter was right on. We need to get these kids from sitting in front of the TV playing a game to outside enjoying snowmobiling. I will start with mine.
Cory I will call you tommorrow.
Dan Behn#78
Dan Behn #78
teambehnracing

Postby WE » March 28th, 2007, 3:24 pm

How about instead of grounding kids to their rooms where all the electronic devices are you ground them to the garage polishing or fine tuning the family snowmobile.

Whatever works...
WE

Postby drivergus » March 30th, 2007, 4:15 pm

Congratulations Mr. Behn on winning pro stock 500 and of course sportsman 600. :B LoL You and your team have come a long ways !
Couldn't be happier for you ! I was a bit shocked when i saw the ps500 win.Way to go !!

I think the administrator of this website could/or should, start some type of thread on the general website or put a questionaire in their magazine to kind of poll sledders/race spectators what they want to see as far as oval racing,or for that matter any type of snowmobile racing.What types of classes they would like to see.What they don't want, What would bring them back,create more interest,etc.
Some type of comprehensive info collecting to help find out what the paying customer wants.Seems to me that nobody has asked the ones who are the most important...the fans!!
Seems that they have the ability to do such a thing.The information could be good for all racing organizations to use.

P.S.= now for the good stuff !:B D-day is 2 weeks away!!
Too bad you can't make it here on the 7th.The "guys" are taking me to cruis'n chubbies .I've been told i will have around $120 in 1 dollar bills as.....umm..... "discretionary funds" !! :B
It should be interesting !!!
I just hope she doesn't read this or i'm dead ! lolol
See ya all on the 14th !
Dan Bishop
drivergus

Postby tuner78 » March 31st, 2007, 2:47 am

Not a bad Idea Gus!!! Actually - its a great idea. Maybe some type of online poll on the sister site (snowgoer.com) for starters! I guess you are more than just a pretty face! Good thinking - See Ya Soon.
WINNERS:
Show up prepared
Are never intimidated
Don't give up
Are professional
Keep the faith

[b]Team Behn Racing[/b]Tuner78
tuner78

Postby ussa 172m » April 2nd, 2007, 12:03 pm

hi DAN .WITH REPLY TO YOUR POSTING WITH DISICIONS BEING IN MADE IN USSA ITS NOT HELPING ONE OR THE OTHER IT SEEMS THERE IN FAVOR OF WHATS IT CLASSES NO ONE KNOWS WHAT THEY ARE.DROPPING PRO STOCK 500 WHICH IS ACLASS THATS BEEN AROUND FOREVER.ER HAD 3 HEATS USSA 3TO 5 SLEDS OTHERCLASSES HAD SAME NUMBERS BUT STILL AROUND 3 JR CLASSES HAD NO ENTIES STILL AROUND .INSTEAD OF DROPPING THIS CLASS IT SHOULD BE PROMOTED AS AGOOD CLASS TO GET INTO WITH 600 COMING INTO SNOCROSS 440 REASONABLE TO BUY 3000 TO 4000 PARTS TO CONVERT 2500 TO 3000 FOR 5000 TO6000 CAN HAVE COMPETIVE SLED WAYRACE THIS CLASS LAST 2 SEASONS SENT 18.00 ON 2 BASE GASKETS.AGIAN WHEN WAS THE 1 YEAR NOTIFACTION GIVEN TO THIS CLASS .THANKS PAT DUCHENE
172x
ussa 172m

Postby CoryEwingdeactivated » April 3rd, 2007, 2:19 am

Dropping Pro-Stock 500 with no warning was a terrible decision. I know that most companies are discontinuing the 440 sled, but that doesn't mean Pro-Stock 500 can't exist for at least one more year for those of you who have substantial time and money involved in their sleds. Nick Dolezal has been running the same 440 stock sled with updated parts since 2002. Now I know someone will say; "Well, just run the 440 in the 600 class". Thats fine but I think they should have kept 2 Pro-Stock classes and dropped Semi-Pro Stock all together. I think that the guys who would run Semi-Pro Stock would be a lot happier racing in Pro for 4th or 5th place then winning Semi-Pro. At least I would be.
#6 HOGLUND RACING TEAM

[b]WWW.HOGLUNDLAW.COM[/b]
CoryEwingdeactivated

Postby iceovals3 » April 3rd, 2007, 6:10 pm

Cory,
Nicks sled I beleive is a 04 model. The problem is we arn't seeing enough # in the stock classes. It is just getting to be to darn expensive to set up a stock sled now days. There are a few that do it and enjoy doing it and I apploud them. But by the time all is said and done the amount of $ you spend on a stocker you could get a good semi-pro sprint. Also most people like to win not race for fourth place getting beat by the same people week in week out.

Joe Schwartz
iceovals3

Postby CoryEwingdeactivated » April 4th, 2007, 3:33 am

I totally agree with you Joe. I just think that they could drop maybe Semi-Pro instead. I don't mean race for 4th their entire career. I just mean the first year or so. Learn to get better against better drivers. The point I was making with Nick's sled is that when I used to race Pro Stock full time, you had to buy a new sled every year or you weren't competitive. Now you can run the same sled for a few years at a time.
#6 HOGLUND RACING TEAM

[b]WWW.HOGLUNDLAW.COM[/b]
CoryEwingdeactivated

Postby ussa 172m » April 4th, 2007, 9:37 am

joe and cory.ithink the problem isthere no reel growth in any of the classes.whyprobably many reasons .25000.oo champ sleds 15000.00 sprint sleds 10000.oo stock600 .little return on investment except personal satifaction.cost of living many factors lack of races.the dropping of classes without notice all can factor into growth .joe on another web site 2 polaris 2007 440 iq 3000.00 each put the parts on ready to go way cheaper they ffront running sprint sled.thankspat duchene
172x
ussa 172m

Previous

Return to Ovals & Enduros