Subscribe Today

Most Entertaining Racers

Most Entertaining Racers

Postby CoryEwingdeactivated » June 4th, 2007, 12:31 pm

Touche' 128!

I miss the DeVault Family at the track. Life isn't always fair, the nice guys seem to go first. One of my favorite moments in racing was sharing the Trig's/*SnowmobileUSA* booth at Eagle River with Dan and Chuck in 2003. It was the winter after Ed and my dad passed. We sat there and told stories all weekend. We shared some laughs and a lot of tears. Couldn't ask for better people in the world then the DeVaults. The Hall of Fame sure could use a spot for Dan and Ed.
#6 HOGLUND RACING TEAM

[b]WWW.HOGLUNDLAW.COM[/b]
CoryEwingdeactivated

Most Entertaining Racers

Postby RacinFan » June 5th, 2007, 11:44 am

I'm goin to go with: Terry Wahl (luv watchin the Terry's Hole Shots) and Jeff Ludwig (Luv watchin how deep he drives it in)
Matt Maurer
RacinFan

Most Entertaining Racers

Postby Ovals Forever » June 5th, 2007, 7:48 pm

I thought someone would mention Mike Trapp, and Yvon Duhamel as the 1972 World Championship was entertaining to say the least.
How many times did they swap the lead.

How about Gilles Villeneuve, and the Aloutte sit in twin track that kept derailing the tracks.

And of course the last person that will ever be forgotten in the sport of Snowmobile oval racing is the #96 of Jacques Villeneuve.

If he ever does retire from racing, with all do respect, I think that they should not only retire the #96 but corner #1 at the derby Track should be renamed to "Jacques Corner"

Can't you here Ted Otto saying remember guys you can't win the race on the first lap, watch for each other and be real careful as you go into Jacques corner, and remember there are 25 more laps to go.

No disrespect meant Jacques, as I am your biggest fan.

The first time I go to E.R. and look out over the pits and don't see the #96 it will be a sad day.
Ovals Forever

Most Entertaining Racers

Postby lerch23 » June 6th, 2007, 2:24 am

How about jim herzig and steve arpin! Both did very well in the stock classes and were awsome drivers! Not to mention that jim was the nicest guy you could ever meet!
lerch23

Most Entertaining Racers

Postby maxiracer » June 6th, 2007, 4:31 am

I'm an old Michigan racer, so for pure entertainment value, watching Tommy St. John, Rob Diamond and Jeff Kipfmiller battle it out in the old Skoal Bandit Outlaw class in MIRA was alot of fun.

Others enjoyable to watch, Herzig, Ewing, Houle, Bender, Uselessdinger ( just joking Guy), Hulings, Thorsen, Coltom, Dimmerman, Wahl,Duchene,Villenueve,the Deckers, shoot, the list goes on forever, all those guys were heros to me.

maxi
[b]Bevra Vintage Ice Oval Racing. Old School rules...[/b]
maxiracer

Most Entertaining Racers

Postby CoryEwingdeactivated » June 6th, 2007, 4:43 am

For you Enduro guys...How about John Wicht III? I mammoth of a man winning the Soo by himself all those times, he had to be fun and entertaining to watch.

And for the early MRP days, you would have to say Willy Jenson had to be one of the most entertaining guys on and off the track. You never know what he was going to do, very underrated driving ability.
#6 HOGLUND RACING TEAM

[b]WWW.HOGLUNDLAW.COM[/b]
CoryEwingdeactivated

Most Entertaining Racers

Postby TigorRacing176 » June 6th, 2007, 1:02 pm

96 is amazing to watch on the track but what most people dont know is off the track that guy is hilarious. whenever he stops by the trailer to say hello to my dad he is for sure to make you laugh your a$$ off. That is what makes a great driver someone that you look up to on the track and also someone that is a great gentleman off and for that i pick the great 96.
TigorRacing176

Most Entertaining Racers

Postby JAKKD 22 » June 6th, 2007, 3:49 pm

Brian Sturgeon, Mike Houle, Dave Wahl, Tim Bender... But as far as the most entertaining to watch, hands down Aaron Scheele

Mark
JAKKD 22

Most Entertaining Racers

Postby Jerry Dillon » June 7th, 2007, 2:19 am

Jim Dimmerman

Gota put in (White Bear Lake, Minnesota) my hometown hero
Jerry Dillon

Most Entertaining Racers

Postby ice_racer_440 » June 9th, 2007, 4:02 am

[quote=lerch23]How about jim herzig and steve arpin! Both did very well in the stock classes and were awsome drivers! Not to mention that jim was the nicest guy you could ever meet![/quote]
I would include PJ then to. He is just as deserving as Steve is. They were and are both good racers.
ice_racer_440

PreviousNext

Return to Ovals & Enduros