Subscribe Today

Most Entertaining Racers

Most Entertaining Racers

Postby 124blizzard » June 10th, 2007, 12:27 pm

I am going to go with my Dad (Paul W. Emerson Sr.). He wore the #124 bib for the USSA Eastern Division in the early 1970's running the good ole 640 blizzard's. Also was quite dominant in grass drags with his 73' 440 blizzard. Dad passed away on Feb. 15th, 1994 at the age of 62 yrs. He has and will always be remembered in my heart. I still remember all the childhood memories Dad.
Thanks, Brian
blizzard
124blizzard

Most Entertaining Racers

Postby ICEISNICE » June 16th, 2007, 6:28 am

For Enduro's, I would have to go with Johnny Bosek. Iron man if i ever saw one.
[blue]WHY ICE? CUZ SNOW IS SLOW!![/blue][red][/red]
ICEISNICE

Most Entertaining Racers

Postby froggy3 » June 16th, 2007, 12:22 pm

Another enduro legend that most have seem to forgot about is Dan Kirts. Dan was the first Enduro driver to ever be inducted into the Hall of Fame. Dan was nicknamed the Hurrin' Hoosier because in his day, he was the fastest man on an Enduro sled. He also held the track record at the Soo for many years. Dan was also an avid Sprint racer prior to his Enduro racing years. He also raced for Alouette Factory, Manta, Ski-Doo, and a few others. Dan cannot be forgotten in the likes of Exciting Racers.
froggy3

Most Entertaining Racers

Postby sled_king » June 17th, 2007, 2:17 am

[quote=ice_racer_440][quote=lerch23]How about jim herzig and steve arpin! Both did very well in the stock classes and were awsome drivers! Not to mention that jim was the nicest guy you could ever meet![/quote]
I would include PJ then to. He is just as deserving as Steve is. They were and are both good racers.[/quote]

Steve Arpin has been retired from ice racing for 4 years now. he was in his early 20's when he retired. you will not see him back on a race sled again. he is having more success now in stock car racing. Steve's dad Chuck was a successful oval racer as well back in the late 70's.
sled_king

Most Entertaining Racers

Postby CoryEwingdeactivated » June 17th, 2007, 3:29 pm

Dan Kirts and John Bosek are legends. Great picks!

Chuck Arpin was a good racer. He definately falls into the Entertainment Category. No one is as entertaining as Chucky. Have had so many laughs with that guy. Ice Racing is not the same without Chuck and Steve involved.
#6 HOGLUND RACING TEAM

[b]WWW.HOGLUNDLAW.COM[/b]
CoryEwingdeactivated

Most Entertaining Racers

Postby CoryEwingdeactivated » June 17th, 2007, 3:32 pm

Brian-

I am glad to hear that you have such fond memories of your dad. I am sure Father's Day today is not always the easiest day of the year for you. So...I want to wish you a Happy Father's Day for your dad. Take care.

Cory
#6 HOGLUND RACING TEAM

[b]WWW.HOGLUNDLAW.COM[/b]
CoryEwingdeactivated

Most Entertaining Racers

Postby Yoo » June 18th, 2007, 3:29 am

Gentlemen Jim
Man who gave us the "Houle" Shot
The DeVaults
Darcy
Scary Gary
The GoodWINS
Chip
Jeff Brown

We have had so many!

Every driver that puts on the show has an individual style and talent that many do not notice.

Watch out for the young guns that are coming up! The future superstars of our sport is bright!
Yoo

Most Entertaining Racers

Postby 124blizzard » June 18th, 2007, 2:12 pm

Cory - Thanks for the wishes - My Dad was a true inspiration to me. I know your Dad was to you too and I would also like to say a Happy belated Fathers Day to you too. Losing my Dad was actually the hardest thing that has ever struck my life. He shines down on me everyday.
~ Brian
blizzard
124blizzard

Most Entertaining Racers

Postby The Old Coyote » August 7th, 2007, 5:58 am

A lot of great names mentioned. I would ad Jim Adema on the Sno*Jet Thunderjet. I can still picture him in his white helmet wearing that blue down parka with the hood behind his helmet. His career was way too short.
[blue][b][i]"I solemnly swear I am up to no good."[/b][/i][/blue]
The Old Coyote

Most Entertaining Racers

Postby rfredri » August 7th, 2007, 9:20 am

Good topic

and many great picks,

brings back many exicting race memories, as i agree with the choices,

One to add fo the list for me is:

Gerald Dyrdahl, came in as the underdog, with not always the most supported equipment( open 2 place trailer ) but proved a very good tuner and truly a guy that would be there at the end, and many times in front,

fun to watch,

Ron Fredrickson
rfredri

PreviousNext

Return to Ovals & Enduros