Subscribe Today

Champ Weight

Champ Weight

Postby watcher » October 12th, 2007, 4:43 am

open your ISR rule book and read under champ rules. if you have more questions call your own Tech guy in your organization, sure he/she will help you with your questions to make sure you have it right.

watcher
watcher

Champ Weight

Postby Flatout » October 22nd, 2007, 10:26 am

Any word if this rule is being revisited? What would it take to have this rule dropped? Also does the rule apply to Semi-Pro champ and the 600 Open class? Jerry?
Flatout

Champ Weight

Postby tp176 » October 22nd, 2007, 12:11 pm

Howie,

We SHOULD NOT change it for this year because it would circumvent the rules process. HOWEVER, next year is different. Bring on the support and it will be discussed and tabled or revised as voted on. I have no "side" in this, all I am trying to do is keep rule changes from happening here in ovals like they have in the drags in years past. We would leave the meeting only to find a rule would get changed before we got home or after most racers were making changes.

As for Racefan440's message - those are very good points. In some auto racing classes the weight must be painted a certain color and have the cars number on it as well. We must also use some common sense when adding weight - a 20# weight with a 1/4 bolt is not sensible but a 3/8 will fit the bill as in past practice with our race cars.
Tony P
315-337-6399
tp176

Champ Weight

Postby Flatout » October 23rd, 2007, 9:51 am

Tony that is what I want too! No more rule changes. The first race of the season has not happened yet and the combined weight issue is a rule change that will shift the balance of the class to favour certain drivers. It is exactly this type of thing that is going to cause oval racing to disintegrate. Nobody that I have talked to either wants or thinks this is a good idea except those that it will directly benifit due to their physical size. I am still wondering if this combined weight rule is just for Pro Champ or if it applies to all classes. If it is only for champ, does this mean that the heavier drivers are disadvantaged in the other classes as well. Next year there may be a lobby by the fathers of Junior drivers that have gone through a growth spurt to have their class adopt the combined weight rule. Where will it stop?
Lets get this rule changed [u]recinded[/u] before the season starts and it is too late!!
HG
Flatout

Champ Weight

Postby AHF928 » October 23rd, 2007, 10:13 am

Is this rule for Semi pro as well? We we thinking not, but it would be good to know now. If we are using the rule then information about anchoring and coloring etc should be available now as we are building not in January when we will be racing.
Ovals rule 728racing.com
AHF928

Champ Weight

Postby ice_racer_440 » October 23rd, 2007, 12:08 pm

Well it is called the "Champ weight rule" right that sounds to me like that means semi-pro also.
ice_racer_440

Champ Weight

Postby Racefan440 » October 23rd, 2007, 4:31 pm

I have a hard time believing that this rule will be revoked. It should be interesting. What are the drivers names that will benefit from this rule?
Racefan440

Champ Weight

Postby champ27 » October 23rd, 2007, 5:20 pm

Dustin Wahl
Nick Dolezal
Jason Smith
Jason Lavalee

Thats all the guys I can think of, but its not really a benefit I think we are all still atleast 20-30 lbs heavy. It just gets us more in the ball park.

I weigh 225-230 and im 6-7
Dustin has to be atleast 6-3 or 6-4 and a good 220-230
Nick is real tall and stocky, as well as Jason Lavalee
Jason Smith
Jason Smith Racing
champ27

Champ Weight

Postby proracer » October 23rd, 2007, 7:11 pm

Come on guys, i can't beleive you are thinking that this weight rules is a fair rules in oval racing when the drivers move is body to the left for cornering. AGAIN i repeat myself, we are not doing drag, we are doing ovals or then wshould have a new rule saying that we can't lean outside the tunnel going into the corner! And if that rule if so fair, why not in all the classes ?

Why does it have to be done in Champ and not the other classes ? Answer those one now.
proracer

Champ Weight

Postby Petawawarace » October 24th, 2007, 1:33 am

There are no differences between semi-pro and Pro-champ sleds right now correct? It doesn't make sense to have it in Pro-champ and not semi-pro. We for one will be running both classes and would probly be unbolting and re-bolting weight all day long if the rule was only for pro-champ. I don't have an ISR book yet, does anyone out there have one yet?

There needs to be a rule on lead ballast colour, bolting methods, and which classes it applies to.
DeJongMotorsports.com
Petawawarace

PreviousNext

Return to Ovals & Enduros