Champ Weight

Postby champ27 » September 19th, 2007, 6:26 am

I Love the Rule!!
Jason Smith
Jason Smith Racing
champ27

Champ Weight

Postby Racefan440 » September 19th, 2007, 8:44 am

I would agree I like the RULE. I really can't see any bad things about it. I was hoping someone would shed some light on Eagle River if they will enforce the rule or not?
Racefan440

Champ Weight

Postby Petawawarace » September 19th, 2007, 8:46 am

Jason has an reason he likes it that hes not sharing on here....He's been eating too many cheeseburgers lately..lol
DeJongMotorsports.com
Petawawarace

Champ Weight

Postby Flatout » September 19th, 2007, 2:13 pm

This rule would have merit if the drivers were not allowed to lean in the corners. Jason Dustin and any other tall driver will now have a definite advantage over the shorter lighter drivers. Face it the weight of the driver has a lot to do with cornering ability. Combined weight will even the race to the corner. After that the tall drivers will have the advantage. I hope that ISR realizes the implications of this rule and withdraws the change. If all associations disregard this rule then what was it voted in for in the first place. Giving select teams an advantage will cause other teams to drop out and that will definitely not be a good thing....
Flatout

Champ Weight

Postby Spy-Guy 74 » September 19th, 2007, 2:35 pm

I hope all tracks have the same set up as the folks in Beausejour use for weighing the sleds. Drive under and the sled is lifted and weighed with digital scale and zeroed each time. In the past the three pad scale has proven not extremely accurate at all races during the year. Jerry won't you have to weigh sleds each time they leave the track to keep things fair for everyone? If folks are adding weight to the sled to make weight you would want to make sure they have it attached all the time to keep things equal.
Spy-Guy 74

Champ Weight

Postby proracer » September 19th, 2007, 7:43 pm

[quote=Flatout]This rule would have merit if the drivers were not allowed to lean in the corners. Jason Dustin and any other tall driver will now have a definite advantage over the shorter lighter drivers. Face it the weight of the driver has a lot to do with cornering ability. Combined weight will even the race to the corner. After that the tall drivers will have the advantage. I hope that ISR realizes the implications of this rule and withdraws the change. If all associations disregard this rule then what was it voted in for in the first place. Giving select teams an advantage will cause other teams to drop out and that will definitely not be a good thing....[/quote]

Howard has the right definition why they want a combine weight!

Tall and heavier driver will have an adavantage. Comme on face it > we are not doing drag out there, it's oval racing, now you can see who demanded that ruling and who it will give an advantage.

i got an idea: let's not lean anymore in the corner if we are to have a total weight just like they do in race car, they can move their body around to help them in the corner like those tall and heavier driver !
proracer

Champ Weight

Postby Flatout » September 20th, 2007, 2:02 am

Hey Spyguy I guess that in BJ they will need to have a noose to weigh every driver! lol
Flatout

Champ Weight

Postby Racefan440 » September 20th, 2007, 3:29 am

I think that everyone should just RACE this year and see how much of a difference this rule really makes. No one Really knows the answers because the season has not started yet. We could go on all day with hypothetical situations but I don't think it helps the sport one bit. Everyone has an opinion and I think that is great. We will know the answers to our questions very soon.
Racefan440

Champ Weight

Postby PDRacing » September 20th, 2007, 4:19 am

The whole point why this new rule doesn't help the sport Racefan, its just more controversy.

EPT drivers voted no at our meeting. I don't see why EPT has to utilize this new rule.

I think some of the people on here lose sight of the fact that our sport does not have the greatest following now. We should be focusing our efforts on marketing. Perhaps a must have Really cool graphics on the hoods ruling! :C Something the fans will actually see.

Combined weight rules work on cars, not sleds.

Once again look at who benefits from this rule, people in the business with direct financial gain, not the overall sport.
Richard Scroggs #13 EPT
PDRacing

Champ Weight

Postby AHF928 » September 20th, 2007, 4:21 am

The rule will have no affect who wins the vast majority of the races. As stated earlier this spring there are only 4 or 5 Teams that win the majors and there will be only 4 or 5 again this winter. Look at the winners of BJ, ER and Valcourt for the past 5 years and you'll see the only teams that will be in the podiums again this winter.

That statement will get me flamed to death, but facts are facts. The fact that so much winning is done by so few is what is killing the top level of oval racing. That's why teams drop out.
Ovals rule 728racing.com
AHF928

PreviousNext

Return to Ovals & Enduros