Subscribe Today

Champ Weight

Champ Weight

Postby PDRacing » September 20th, 2007, 5:17 am

Correct me if I'm wrong John, do you not make a living from this industry????
Richard Scroggs #13 EPT
PDRacing

Champ Weight

Postby Petawawarace » September 20th, 2007, 6:07 am

[quote=AHF928]Jeff whats the date for the snow show up there? I have to be on Rochester NY from Sept 28 to 30th maybe we'll swing around. Ask Howie how my new pipes are coming.[/quote]

Augie, It is that same weekend.

Friday, September 28 Noon - 9:00 p.m.
Saturday, September 29 10:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Sunday, September 30 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.

Its at the Toronto Congress Center (not the convention center) on Dixon rd. right by the airport.

www.snowmobileshow.ca (turn your volume down if your at work)

I'll be set-up in the Lucas Oil booth, inbetween the Polaris and Snowtrax Telivision booths. Hope to see you there.
DeJongMotorsports.com
Petawawarace

Champ Weight

Postby proracer » September 20th, 2007, 8:13 am

'' John Hooper said : Some of the smallest guys like J.V. might need to add a little more BUT the last time I saw his sled on the scale it was 25lbs. overweight already, so even he won't need to add a lot. ''

Comme on john, you can be saying mistake like that.
Over 400 pounds deal for the sled was in the twin track days.

as i was told the combine weight is 590, So last time at ER and all year in are series my sled weight was from 378 to 385, depending on track condition an gas. So, you ad me to that (170 dress-up), and i alreaday have 10 to 15 pds of lead on it, now i would have to had another 35pds ! Come on this is B...T !
WE ARE DOING OVAL RACING. WE ARE NOT DOING DRAG. Sorry for the heavier guys, loose some weight or live with it.

Lok at back then > Wahl, Vessair, Donahue, or BIGGER exemple >Mike Houle, WHY those where always beating evebody to the first turn.
Ok, Now where is my advantage ? Getting to the first corner last only about 3 to 4 seconds, and getting around both corners is about 15 seconds.

I can beleive you guys think that we would be fair for all the smaller driver.
proracer

Champ Weight

Postby Flatout » September 20th, 2007, 8:45 am

Lets cut to the chace! Marcel Todd Bruce Jerry, are you enforcing the combined weight or not? We need to know now while we are building the sleds and deciding which races to attend!!!
Howard...
Flatout

Champ Weight

Postby Fontaine Racing » September 20th, 2007, 9:53 am

Gentlemen
looking at the new ISR. rule book. first thing under champ rules.

"Champ class rules (with the exception of weight and safety) are frozen through the 09/10 season. the next opportunity for review and change of the class is at the 2010 rules meeting."

so if I understand this correctly? yes the combined weight rule is in effect. but it seems to me that the door has been left slightly open? should this rule turn out to be a bad decision, or one that needs to be tweaked a little? it can be dealt with at the next rules meeting?
I know that a lot of us assumed that this rule was never going to happen, AT least I didn't! and I know that some people expected certain sanctioning groups to vote differently than they actually did? which may have made the outcome more of a surprise?
the point I would like to make here is this. division amongst the sanctioning groups is hurting our sport! whether it be from having different class structures to different weight rules. when this happens it just separates us farther, I really don't want to see that! I would hope that everyone would abide by the new rule and give it a chance? I am not asking anyone to change their opinion, but maybe just compromise a little? I truly think if we can all stay together and play by the same rules, it will be best for our sport!
Doug Fontaine
Fontaine Racing

Champ Weight

Postby kenlacy » September 20th, 2007, 9:55 am

Lighter drivers still get to choose where to put the weight right? Putting it low and to the inside would be helpful I would imagine.
Recently I was asked to play in a golf tournament.

At first I said, "Naw, I haven't been playing that well."

Then they said to me, "Come on, it's for handicapped and blind kids."

Then I thought...

Chit, I could win this!
kenlacy

Champ Weight

Postby jhooper/HRE » September 20th, 2007, 10:25 am

Yes, mr. Scroggs I do make most of my income from race engines and high performance snowmobiles unfortunately oval racing is only about 15% of my business, I just have a love for the sport and want to see it survive and grow, which is why it has always rubbed me the wrong way when I see most racers only want changes that benefit themselves instead of whats best for the sport.
J.V.- I did not see your sled on the scale last season, you must have put it on a diet, like I said it was 400lbs. last time I saw it on the scale, stop your crying, your still going to be lighter than 1/2 of the guys out there. Don't forget the lighter weight helps acceleration out of the corners twice on every lap, not just the holeshot.
I will propose another rule change that will help you small guys in the corners and maybe level the playing field a little more. PROPOSAL: "Any Champ sled that weighs over 400lbs. can run a 46 inch wide sled". This would help you shorter guys in the corners. NOW WATCH THE TALL GUYS CRY!!
jhooper/HRE

Champ Weight

Postby Flatout » September 20th, 2007, 10:51 am

John what we need are less rule changes and more stability. We all know why the combined weight rule passed and it is a shame to see that certain teams have that much influence when it comes to, as you say "feathering their own nest". There was nothing wrong with the weight rule as it was. If it aint broke, dont fix it has always been my motto.
Flatout

Champ Weight

Postby Racefan440 » September 20th, 2007, 5:08 pm

OK Lets get SERIOUS For All the CONCERNED drivers

1. Please list you race ready champ sleds weight

2. Please list how much your driver weighs in RACE FORM

How many small drivers are there that will be affected by this RULE JV and PJ. How many more are there?? I am sure there are more

Everyone seems to be pointing the finger but not naming any names about who to blame for this rule. Seems like the WAHL name is who these comments are directed. WHY??

Think about this a lower budget race team does not have the funds to build a sled to 375. So they have a heavy sled to begin with say over 400 lbs but they have a light driver. In the years past with the OLD RULES they were out classed by race teams with a lighter sled. NOW with the NEW RULES they can keep there same sled and not change much and hopefully be more competitive.

Everyone wants to look at how this rule will hurt teams. Lets look at the Positive side and see how it can Maybe help some teams be more competitive now. Any hopefully bring some new winners.
Racefan440

Champ Weight

Postby AHF928 » September 21st, 2007, 3:06 am

As far as our team its not the actual rule that's the problem, its the fact the the rule was made at all. We've being working towards a 375 lb sled finally got there(actually added 10lbs last year)and now we have to add weight.

It would have been nice if this was at least given a one year notice before it was a rule
Ovals rule 728racing.com
AHF928

PreviousNext

Return to Ovals & Enduros