Subscribe Today

Who is the "The King Of Ice Ovals" ?

Postby RacinFan » January 25th, 2008, 5:37 am

But yeah i'd vote for number 96 to, he's been racing a LONG time is still very fast after all them years! Amazin.
Matt Maurer
RacinFan

Postby sofa king » January 25th, 2008, 8:11 am

DAVE WAHL, DAVE WAHL, DAVE WAHL, DAVE WAHL. COME ON GUYS, TOUGHEST MAN IN ICE OVAL, TAKES A LICKING AND KEEPS ON TICKING
sofa king

Postby 1p48 » January 25th, 2008, 8:43 am

dave wahl , hands down, basically won every race he was in and is built out of spare parts they found in the shop.
1p48

Postby kh550 » January 25th, 2008, 10:18 am

Another vote for #96
kh550

Postby Turbo_85 » January 25th, 2008, 10:36 am

Dave Wahl..
Turbo_85

Postby mbenoy119 » January 25th, 2008, 12:07 pm

It would have to be #96. Dave Wahl being the only one else even close. JV is an icon of this sport
mbenoy119

Postby Schmidt57 » January 25th, 2008, 1:36 pm

in 99 jacques broke his leg at valcourt on the twin tracker and the next week went to eganville made the finals for champ and f-1 and made 10 laps to win both championships for the ept with the wahls and a few others from out west not to mention hoopers sleds and howard gifford and some of the other big boys from out east. hands down no one can even touch or say they've touched jv. dave wahl was a great driver and so was mike houle but they haven't raced as long and i don't see them on the track roughing it up with the 20 somethings like jv is at 54 years old and he still wins. also in booneville last year he didn't let off the throttle all 15 laps and ran a foot and a half away from the haybales completely sideways
Schmidt57

Postby Ovals Forever » January 25th, 2008, 5:49 pm

Wow I really started something here, maybe the icon of snowmobile oval racing would also be a good name for Jacques Villeneuve.

You certainly can't take anything away from Dave Wahl either, he to is an iron man.

It is amazing how many races Jacques has won since a couple of years ago when Snow Week bashed him and said he should retire.

One thing is for sure in my mind, there will never be another flag man like Ted Otto and there dam sure will never be another driver like Jacques Villeneuve.
Ovals Forever

Postby Legendinmyownmind » January 26th, 2008, 6:16 am

Ok this subject aactually made me sign up for this site...........This is an absolute no brainer for me.....Mike Houle. From his Polaris Days in the late 80's/early 90's......then joining ski-doo, from stock sleds, sprinters, F-3, champ, every class, every event, when he lined up he was the man to beat.every time......look at race results and tell me when JV EVER beat him without a crash or mechanical failure....JV has 3 WC titles, Houle has 2 in the wc in what 5 tries?, and one with a broken leg when he could hardly ride, let alone the other 20+ world titles in other classes, his dominance in F-III...the best class of all time literally ruined the class...and i cant remember Dave Wahl beating him either, maybe once.......and i would love love love to see either of those guys hop on a stocker and line up with him.....thats just funny....and how about balls of steel after his horrible Valcourt crash...the next year same move on same guy in same corner first lap in....for those of you who know what i am talking about i dont need to say anymore
Legendinmyownmind

Postby ice_racer_440 » January 26th, 2008, 10:49 am

Im going to go with Mike Houle. There isnt to many people that can manhandle a sled like he can around a oval track.
ice_racer_440

PreviousNext

Return to Ovals & Enduros