Subscribe Today

New Ice Oval Class (updated entrants!!!)

Postby Hoglund Racing » February 9th, 2009, 11:26 am

A new class was started this weekend to get more people involved in Ice Oval racing:

Women's 380

This class was ran in Forest Lake and we had 2 entries. You all know I want to get more drivers at the race track and I strongly believe that we need to get more Women involved. What is nice about this class is that there are an abundance of these sleds available and they are fairly fast and competitive. But, the biggest thing is that they are safe for beginners...yet very fun for non-beginners. I want to make this class big! We will be running it at the WSA Garrison race and also the CPTC in Beausejour.

Rules - Any female can race in it ages 10 and up. The machines need to follow the Junior I Stock class rules.

Cost - $30 Entry + $25 Insurance (required for ALL classes)

We are getting very strong interest from the Snocross and Hillcross women who are looking to race ovals instead or as well as the other venues.

With the help of Robert Hoglund, at Forest Lake we had Snowgoer's Linzi Fontaine and Arctic Cat Pro Women's Snocross rider Kayte Craft entered who were both sponsored by Hoglund Law Office.

[u]*Garrison Entries so far:[/u]

1. Linzi Fontaine
2. Kayte Craft
3. Heather Hale
4. Karli Molitor
5. Kara Motschenbacher
6. Breanna Poach
7. Krystal Peterson
8. Miranda Carlson
9. Trish DuBois
10. Nicky DuBois
11. Amanda Stoddard
12. Kayla LeFebvre
13. Jessa Fredrickson

This is a GREAT start....if any of you out there know of any Women who would like a crack at Ice Oval racing, please email me at cory@hoglundlaw.com so that I can find a machine for them to run. Also, if any of you who own these machines and you don't mind helping getting more people involved in our sport, let me know.

I think this could be a perfect class for the Women drivers and the fans who come to watch. Let's all make this work together!

Cory Ewing
763-267-2859
www.HOGLUNDRACING.com
Hoglund Racing

Postby race fan Dave » February 9th, 2009, 1:44 pm

Greetings,

I might know a few. PM sent.

Dave
race fan Dave

Postby Spy-Guy 74 » February 9th, 2009, 2:11 pm

Corey I have a couple of gals that are interested in racing in this class, both have raced stock cars and lawn mowers in the past. One would go to both Garrison and Beausejour and the other only Beausejour. I think both would do quite well on a sled, but both are past their prime say in a foot race!!
Spy-Guy 74

Postby LinziFontaine » February 9th, 2009, 3:16 pm

Thanks for starting up this post Cory. I think this class could really get off it's feet this season and will hopefully be in full swing by the time the 2010 season starts. After not having any girls to race against the past few years, I was so excited to get out there and do it again. Between all the Moms, wives, sisters, daughters and friends at the race track each weekend, this class could be huge!

Also, 340's and 380's are a really good sled for this class. They are everywhere and are not super aggressive but definitely fast enough to have a good time.

I would love to talk to anyone who is interested in racing this class. We need to get women involved in the sport again, we can make it grow!
LinziFontaine

Postby Fontaine Racing » February 9th, 2009, 4:05 pm

yeah
Ill take some of the blame for not keeping the women out there!
but you are just too patient Linzi!(good excuse)?
now that I have rounded up most of the parts to get that sprinter together, (have you heard that before).
I suppose we will have to put a 340 together again? good thing there are some people out there good enough to borrow them out.
allmost forgot how good it felt to get my favorite oldest daughter back in the staging lanes.
thanks for getting them out there Corey, a good time was had by all!
Fontaine Racing

Postby tuner78 » February 10th, 2009, 4:00 am

So Corey, Is our Jr Novice legal (restrictor plate/gearing) F5 and our 10 yr. old driver legal for this class?

Just curious....................!
WINNERS:
Show up prepared
Are never intimidated
Don't give up
Are professional
Keep the faith

[b]Team Behn Racing[/b]Tuner78
tuner78

Postby Hoglund Racing » February 10th, 2009, 6:08 am

[quote=tuner78]So Corey, Is our Jr Novice legal (restrictor plate/gearing) F5 and our 10 yr. old driver legal for this class?

Just curious....................![/quote]

No....because I have a strong feeling those sleds will be outlawed anyway from Junior I STOCK competition for 2010. I am not in favor of this allowance currently, but I will leave it at that so I don't sound negative. :)

I will definately find you a STOCK sled if you have a driver in mind John.
www.HOGLUNDRACING.com
Hoglund Racing

Postby Hoglund Racing » February 10th, 2009, 8:22 am

We are already up to 10 entries! WOW. Only Pro Champ and Pro Open have more.
www.HOGLUNDRACING.com
Hoglund Racing

Postby LinziFontaine » February 10th, 2009, 9:15 am

We can add Jessa Fredrickson to that roster. She used to race in the girls class and is Cale and Alex Fredricksons sister, so you know she'll be fast!
LinziFontaine

Postby Hoglund Racing » February 10th, 2009, 10:06 am

2 laps of practice and the 2 rounds of heat races (3 laps each) will take place immediately following the Pro Open final Saturday afternoon (around 3:30). The 5 lap final will take place on Sunday before the Pro Champ final (around 2:30).

Practice will be available on Friday afternoon also.
www.HOGLUNDRACING.com
Hoglund Racing

Next

Return to Ovals & Enduros