Subscribe Today

Ok Racers/ Crews/Fans/Promoters

Postby watcher » February 26th, 2009, 1:43 pm

Ok Racers/ Crews/Fans/Promoters, What would you like to see different or the same for 2009/2010 USSA season? Drop Snow Cross? Drop some Oval Classes (what ones)? Make a two complete race days (Saturday full show/Sunday full show)? Run an Enduro Race on Sunday (150 lap race)? Add some New Classes (limited fan, limited?) Drop Stock Classes? Take Stock Class back to Stock? Have a Shorter Show? Do a 50/50 raffle? Have a large raffle all season for a New Snowmobile given away at the year end Banquet? How to find new Sponsors (thank you Josh /Mark this year)? How many races would you like to see in the 2009/2010 season? How can we get the small guy/new guy to afford racing? Do we have a summer party to raise money (thank you Chip/Lisa/Jim)? What changes in the classes we have now, what would you like to see (champ is locked only open for safety)? Tail Lights? Helmets? More Orange? Hot Laps? Autograph session (Friday night/ Saturday night)? Who can run Pro and who can not run Semi Pro? Who do you want on the Board (voting Saturday March 14 at 12:30pm)(don't know who is rerunning or not)?
Remember some of this, might have to go to the Spring ISR meeting and Voted on there.

NOW DON'T GET ON HERE AND YELL ABOUT TRACKS, ?ISS OFF PROMOTERS, ?ISS OFF FOLKS, IF YOU WANT ANY ONE TO CONSIDER ANYTHING YOU SAY, POST YOUR NAME OR DON'T WRITE ANYTHING THAT GOING TO UPSET THE WORLD!

JUST ASKING BEFORE THE USSA MARCH 14 BANQUET AT GREEN BAY WI. IF DON'T WRITE ON HERE, THAT OK, E-MAIL YOUR THOUGHTS TO USSA, OR BRING THEM ALONG. GET YOU MIND WORKING NOW.

Watcher (Terry Kumrow)
watcher

Postby kenlacy » February 26th, 2009, 4:19 pm

I am not a full time USSA guy but for what it is worth - here is my opinion. Small, new guy to afford racing - F500. Parts cheap as hell all over ebay. Run it both days - 1 or 2 heats and a final. They can race Sat or Sun or both (particularly nice if you have racers traveling very far, makes the trip much more worth it). It is a Friday Night Thunder race at the World Championship. At Weya it looked to be your largest support class, that is a great sign.
Recently I was asked to play in a golf tournament.

At first I said, "Naw, I haven't been playing that well."

Then they said to me, "Come on, it's for handicapped and blind kids."

Then I thought...

Chit, I could win this!
kenlacy

Postby watcher » February 26th, 2009, 4:31 pm

can not say much for eagle river as it is not sancation by USSA, but thank you for your input.

watcher
watcher

Postby kenlacy » February 26th, 2009, 4:39 pm

I was just meaning that it is a benefit of running F500 to get to run the Friday Night Thunder Race - that is an amazing night to get to race - and not all classes get to.
Recently I was asked to play in a golf tournament.

At first I said, "Naw, I haven't been playing that well."

Then they said to me, "Come on, it's for handicapped and blind kids."

Then I thought...

Chit, I could win this!
kenlacy

Postby Flying_FEJ » February 27th, 2009, 7:22 am

Hey terry,
Its Jeff from Indiana. You know I have been around this racing deal for sometime now and seen a lot different ways of doing something. I really enjoyed talking to you and your son at ER. This is just my opinion on the sport. When I started out back in the late nineties one of the most discouraging thing for myself and my father was the amount of track time that we got. Our races were short, our track time was very limited. We really struggled with learning the sport because of the amount of racing we got to do and I know that time was limited and so forth, but we do racers race? To race. I am heavily involved in sprint car racing now and these guys get track time. Even the support stuff get track time. Just a thought here, but you guys could use this as a model. Can the champers run a practice, a heat and final making that the big show. The support class be it one stock class do something similar, but shorter. Maybe throw in the F500 class great low budget class. I know you guys could accomplish this I mean the dirt stuff starts at 5 or 6 and is done by 10 or 11, and they are dealing with a sometimes 50 sprint cars, 40 modifieds, and 30 bombers, they have track prep and so on. I don't it just rolls not much down time. I think if you guys focussed on 4-5 classes on the ovals and maybe look at trying down size snocross or even getting out of it you guys could have a nice tight little package. Sorry to right a book, but I love sled racing and I just want to see grow and do well.
Flying_FEJ

Postby KKRACING#36 » February 27th, 2009, 10:29 am

if you had a enduro race, you might want to make it longer then 150 laps maybe like 300 up to 500 laps. i can garuntee alot of sleds from michigan would make there way over there for a enduro race.
you could run your sprints on saturday and sunday morning then run the enduro sunday afternoon. makes out for alot of non stop racing
[b]Walt Komarnizki
K&K RACING #36[/b]
KKRACING#36

Postby 1p48 » February 27th, 2009, 12:03 pm

terry,

great topic as usual, cmon guys lets hear it!!!!!!!!- matt
1p48

Postby watcher » February 27th, 2009, 2:00 pm

thank you all for the reply. and Jeff great to hear from you again. it was nice running into at Eagle River. time to bring that Yamaha back to the wisconsin tracks.
tell us what you would like to see happen. the only way we can do the best is hear from all of you on what makes you happy and want to race!

watcher
watcher

Postby Johnson Racing » February 28th, 2009, 5:48 am

A group of us have had discussions about this in MI. We were looking at the idea of a circuit that runs more sprints than MIRA. I feel that we need to have the Fan sprinters and such also Include the vintage but under one condition that up to a certian class you can run cleats at the race directors descression for saftey if he or an experienced tech individual doesnt like the condition of the track sorry you cant run it. Guys that dont have to spend 3 grand for a track and skid combo are going to be happy vintage racers and lets face it vintage is growing by leaps and bounds but the guys that are low buck vintage guys they just cant afford 3 grand for those parts. Also in Mi the circuit needs to have more lake races they are easier to set up for and there isnt the track prep expense. Im not saying get rid of land pased tracks but you gotta have more than just drummand island on ice. The cost of entries is another factor that needs to be looked at. In Mi I thinks its close to 750 with all of the other BS attached to enter the pro enduro race come on thats too dang much and entry for any race should never be more than 350 bucks. I look back at some of the old magazines from 98 99 the ICE circuit seemed to be a good one but I wasnt around to know for sure. I wish the USSA WSA would maybe move into Mi but its a long drive for U guys I would love to see you have a 300 lap enduro or something on sunday. Also maybe the Pro enduros should be MODS like before.Anywho my 2 cents on the subject
Johnson Racing

Postby cat22 » February 28th, 2009, 5:57 am

Slow down Jeremiah. The only enduro that costs anywhere near that much to enter is the Soo. A MIRA enduro is around $300 to enter.
cat22

Next

Return to Ovals & Enduros