Subscribe Today

2010 E.R. Predictions

2010 E.R. Predictions

Postby Ovals Forever » January 3rd, 2010, 6:36 pm

What do you guys think?

I'm thinking Canadian and I'm thinking yellow, Flyen Brian.

A proven Wahl sled with a Rotax power house is pretty tough to beat.

Remember how Dave and Terry used to finish 1,2 almost every where they went.
Ovals Forever

2010 E.R. Predictions

Postby OvalsareFAST » January 4th, 2010, 4:21 am

Not to take anything away from #39, but he really hasn't won any races for 2 years now after ER or before it.

I say #74 is due for a win big time, but personally think that #28 is foaming at the mouth wanting to get #4 and also #66 and his #3.

66/74/28 all have the endurance to go hell 50 laps.

The sleeper and not taking anything away from this kid at all, but I say #13 might be right there in the hunt also.

Black Horse #16 he made it in last year, and also has the endurance needed to go all the way and the inside drive to win.
OvalsareFAST

2010 E.R. Predictions

Postby ZR PILOT » January 4th, 2010, 5:07 am

I would have to agree totally with OVALSareFAST. All are legitimate shots....should be an AWESOME WC this year!!!
A fan of snowmobile oval racing!! ;)
ZR PILOT

2010 E.R. Predictions

Postby ReichelBros.Racing » January 4th, 2010, 5:55 am

I really got to say that whals have a great sled this year also along with PJ #28, Nick #13, and Matt #38. They all have great sleds along with the others. But those are my predictions. Nick can rock the sled and can keep up with them, PJ is the same and Matt just hauls. So that is it from Reichel Bros. Racing we wish everyone a great season and see you at biglake.

Reichel Bros. Racing
ReichelBros.Racing

2010 E.R. Predictions

Postby Ovals Forever » January 4th, 2010, 9:58 am

Not to take anything away from P.J. but he hasen't really won any big champ races besides E.R. either.
P.J. is always in perfect shape and did a hell of a job last year, and he is one of my favorite drivers, but I just don't think the Hooper motors are ahead of the game like they were.
If P.J. and Brian were on the same exact equipment I think P.J. would win hands down.
Ovals Forever

2010 E.R. Predictions

Postby OvalsareFAST » January 4th, 2010, 1:08 pm

PJ if i am not mistaken, just got back with hooper again last season, after being with a few other motor builders.

He has won his share of Races since his 1st WC title also
OvalsareFAST

2010 E.R. Predictions

Postby teambehnracing » January 4th, 2010, 2:52 pm

Everybody looked so good at Amherst this past weekend that only time will tell. It is going to be an awesome WC.
Dan Behn #78
teambehnracing

2010 E.R. Predictions

Postby kh550 » January 4th, 2010, 3:07 pm

39, 28, 74, 10, 66, 13, 38 -- It's a tough call - especially because Eagle River is as much about having good luck as a good set up. It would be something pretty cool if #39 could win three in a row but I don't think that will happen. It will be interesting this year with the track allowing testing to take place - that could really help the big names separate themselves even more from the others.

Two years ago PJ wasn't very competitive when they switched to another engine builder but when he moved back to John Hooper engines last year he was right in there. He had some bad luck last year too. His main focus is to win #4 and I think he has a better shot of doing that this year than he did the past couple years. I think he and #74 will fight this one out and #28 will get #4 this year.
kh550

2010 E.R. Predictions

Postby Ovals Forever » January 4th, 2010, 3:23 pm

He won 2 of his 3 World Championships with Hooper engines, Moyel won 2 with Hooper, and Larry Day won 1. That was 6 World Championships in 7 years with Hooper Engines if I'm not mistaken.
What big champ races has P.J. ever won besides E.R.?
The Wahls have been running Polaris power since 1999 in 11 years with Polaris and running 2 sleds in the W.C. class they still haven't won a WC with Polaris power, Brian B takes one of their sleds that they raced and wins 2 in a row.
We all know the Wahl sleds are as good as they get, and Terry and Duston Wahl are about as good of a drivers as they come.
4 World Championships before Polaris, none with Polaris in 11 years with 2 sleds entered every year.
It is pretty obvious to me.

All the other drivers mention are very good to and some of them I believe will be World Champions sooner or later, maybe even this year, #74 deserves it.
Ovals Forever

2010 E.R. Predictions

Postby Flatout » January 4th, 2010, 4:33 pm

From the look of things it seems that Matt has his 440 sled dialed in and has the endurance to go the 25 laps. Dustin will be there at the end but he seems to do a lot of catching up rather than leading in the final.. It will be close.
Brian has a good shot at it if he can get a good lead and the race has another tea break half way through making it two 13 lap heats... Hell even Jacques can win it. He can still go 13 laps flatout..twice with a nap!
Make us proud guys!! Im rooting for a Canadian!!! Go Jacques,,go Brian,
Flatout

Next

Return to Ovals & Enduros