Subscribe Today

Truly New & Exciting

Truly New & Exciting

Postby rotaxmercedes » February 4th, 2011, 9:02 am

Je pense que ce poste de pilotage ressemble beaucoup plus amusant que cette chose
[IMG]http://i1096.photobucket.com/albums/g327/rotaxmercedes/Y29udGVudDovL21lZGlhL2V4dGVybmFsL2ltYWdlcy9tZWRpYS8xMDQw-11-6.jpg[/IMG]
rotaxmercedes

Truly New & Exciting

Postby jhooper/HRE » February 4th, 2011, 9:42 am

Jeff,
Yes, this will have a cage rather than just a roll bar.
The Legend car roll cage is a good reference for us to use in trying to get sled roll cage rules changed. Quite a few guys involved with Nascar have been involved with the Legend cars and certainly Nascar has found out the hard way that a race chassis that is too rigid is nearly as dangerous as one that is too light. In a severe impact things need to crush some to absorb energy and reduce brain and spinal injuries.
I raced a Dwarf car for a while, it is similar to a legend, the top roll cage bars were 1 1/4" x 065 mild steel. I jumped wheels once and flew over the top of other cars and landed on its roof, the cage crushed 3 or 4 inches which was probably about right and these things weigh over 1000 lbs.
I expect these race sleds will weigh around 600 lbs. and they will have a 5 point harness and on board fire extinguisher system.
jhooper/HRE

Truly New & Exciting

Postby Xtreme22 » February 4th, 2011, 10:30 am

[quote=2tracksnflatout]John if you want to play dirty - lets go!
Here is your email sent to me on February 3rd.

"Yes,
I am the one that convinced them to consider the cockpit design, I see it as being our best shot at attracting lots of NEW drivers and teams.
My own personal idea with a single track will be much cheaper to build and would be more of a regional thing that won't require big money to get it off the ground.
I will still be glad to build engine/pipe packages for your series if you get the commitments needed.
Sincerely, John Hooper"[/quote]

So what does this email prove??? It doesnt show John stealing any ideas?? In fact in your post you are actually putting down the people that might be your future customers by calling them not professional. Seriously I dont know you shawn, but you have gone about this the wrong way and promising things from people that seem to keep falling thru. Overall I have seen the Twin Trackers race, and they well died for a reason, overall I think the sport needs what John is doing and something new to the Fan, different, they havent seen.

But what do i know, I am out of it now just a fan.
Nick Scheer
Xtreme22

Truly New & Exciting

Postby proton » February 4th, 2011, 10:59 am

[quote=rotaxmercedes]Je pense que ce poste de pilotage ressemble beaucoup plus amusant que cette chose
[IMG]http://i1096.photobucket.com/albums/g327/rotaxmercedes/Y29udGVudDovL21lZGlhL2V4dGVybmFsL2ltYWdlcy9tZWRpYS8xMDQw-11-6.jpg[/IMG][/quote]

"I think the cockpit looks alot more fun than this thing"

lol... right on mercedes...so do I
proton

Truly New & Exciting

Postby Ovals Forever » February 4th, 2011, 11:54 am

Was this picture suppose to be the new F1?
Ovals Forever

Truly New & Exciting

Postby Ovals Forever » February 4th, 2011, 12:10 pm

Shawn, you haven't seen eye to eye with anyone on here, now you even lost what I think was your biggest ace in the hole, "John Hooper" like I said in the email I sent you, for every F1 you bring to the track John will bring at least 5 and like I also said I will bet you $500.00 on it.

This new sled is going to go alot farther than I think John is even planning, when it is all said and done, with the number of new drivers and who knows how many big names that have retired it will bring back, it will become the most popular class for the fans, many drivers, and if John uses 600, and or 800 cc engines your choice of the brand the manufactures will be all over it.
This has the potential to become the next big thing in snowmobile racing.
Finally like I also told you, the best thing you could do is keep your money or find away to support Johns new sled financialy because this is going to be way more popular than your F1, you think it won't have anything to do with your deal, but go ahead and spend a bunch of money trying to get the F1 thing going,
you might as well buy lottory tickets instead.

By the way, take notice at when John speaks, he dosen't insult anyone, he dosen't piss people off with everything he says on here, he gives respect to others and get's the same in return, there is no one on here bashing him except yourself.

Finally Shawn if you can't see eye to eye with anyone on here, drivers, engine builders, and fans, how in the heII could you ever think that you can start a new series and be successful.

You just have to ask yourself, why would anyone want to support you.
Ovals Forever

Truly New & Exciting

Postby Jet21 » February 4th, 2011, 3:09 pm

I dont race im just a fan and have been for along time..I have to say I think John's idea is great and I really think it will take off. The cockpit seating is what sealed the deal...you will attract new drivers I have no doubt. Rolling starts, 3 wide, 5 rows...oh yeah now were talking.
Jet21

Truly New & Exciting

Postby pauls650 » February 4th, 2011, 3:41 pm

i have raced dirt track for years ,on and off, rolling start has issues,snow dust right away seems to me to be the biggest issue
pauls650

Truly New & Exciting

Postby Ovals Forever » February 4th, 2011, 3:44 pm

Wouldn't it be something if this brought some big name past drivers, how exciting would that be?
This also has the potential to bring in more woman to the sport, like maybe Page Decker for one.
Ovals Forever

Truly New & Exciting

Postby prochamp » February 4th, 2011, 11:31 pm

[quote=pauls650]i have raced dirt track for years ,on and off, rolling start has issues,snow dust right away seems to me to be the biggest issue[/quote]

We have been running rolling starts with Enduro racing since the 1970's without any issues at all!! As long as the drivers realize that the race is not going to be won on the first corner, rolling starts have worked very well for enduro racing over the years. It also puts much more emphasis on qualifying,and for front row starting positions. It actually puts more spotlight on the drivers and there driving ability over who gets the holeshot done with sprint style racing now ! Sno dust has not been an issue on rolling starts, because the field is lead by a pace sled up to the start to control the starting speed! The field is let go just before entry into the first corner and not half way down the straightaway, and this helps control the first corner speeds and passing going into the corner! The SOO 500 has always used this start procedure. [b]Watch the start today at 10 am live on there webpage www.I-500.com

[/b]

Instead of bashing anyones ideas, programs,circuits, this talk about the sport can only benefit its future. [b]STOP Bashing anyone[/b], or anyones ideas,keep an open mind,and get behind change,its what will keep the sport alive. Dont delete the current structure and make all the iron thats out there now obsolete, and think that you can transition to a "new" type of racing in One season. It has to be about the "SHOW" first, as that is what will bring the Fans and New Blood back into the sport
prochamp

PreviousNext

Return to Ovals & Enduros