Subscribe Today

Plymouth, WI new track layout

Postby teambehnracing » February 7th, 2011, 2:21 pm

Just wanted to tip my hat to the Plymouth Snow Rangers over in Plymouth WI. The track this year was totally reconfiqured from other years. It was always said that the drivers did not like the way it was layed out, well I guess the sprint car drivers thought the same and finally something was done about it. There are times that you are limited to what you have to work with especially in stadium racing, you just cannot plow a new track so to speak. The track in Plymouth now is more of a large circle with wide sweeping corners. It was a short track, however, it was wide and safe. It made for some good racing. More of a drivers track. Oval entries were low, we all know the reason, we need to find these guys a date so they are not competing with anyone. They have been doing this alot of years, have good community support and are great people to work with. With the new track layout I think alot of drivers would like it.
Dan Behn #78
teambehnracing

Postby polarisracer 72 » February 7th, 2011, 4:33 pm

I would also like to thank the Plymouth Snow Rangers for all the hard work they put into their race event, just wish the turn out would be better for spectators and racers as well. Track was fast and smooth and provided some great racin from what I saw. Great Job!
polarisracer 72

Postby TWag1 » February 8th, 2011, 10:27 am

Agreed! My first chance to work directly with the Sno-Rangers and was impressed with several things.

You guys discussed the track, which from a spectator viewpoint surely seemed to offer multiple lines, with a real raceable banking. Observers were commenting on when that #72 was lifting into the corners during hot laps and it was pretty DEEP!

My favorite might have been Jacob Beres dirt trackin' the corners on his Pure Stock. Maybe not what you would call "text book", but pretty fun to watch!

They have a real focus on bringing area businesses into the event, and treating them well when they're in the house. Having representatives from a division's sponsor in the spotlight for nearly every class was a nice touch. Thinking that shows a sponsor you're not just there to take their check.

Big emphasis on the track itself, but also on the marketing aspect of their event which is SO important these days.

Real veteran group there - - agreed - - the sport doesn't want to lose a promoting outfit like that - - need to keep bringing them a strong product in some way, shape or form.
TWag1

Postby teambehnracing » February 8th, 2011, 3:34 pm

I got some ideas. I want to see these guys stay around for another 30
Dan Behn #78
teambehnracing

Postby ZR PILOT » February 8th, 2011, 4:03 pm

Dan.....I'll be at Wega on Sunday...I'll find ya n we can chat.
A fan of snowmobile oval racing!! ;)
ZR PILOT

Postby lerch23 » February 9th, 2011, 2:01 pm

why was it ever changed from the weekend b4 Eagle River?
lerch23

Postby PRO STK 145 » February 9th, 2011, 2:16 pm

The track was great, hopefully this race is around for many years to come. Also I left me AIM beacon in corner 4, just wondering if anyone saw it or maybe has it.

J
PRO STK 145

Postby mcmube12 » February 9th, 2011, 2:54 pm

We moved the date from before Eagle River because of the low oval sled count and had hoped the new date (prior to knowing about US Nats) would bring some sleds back to our event. Many years ago, it was thought that having the weekend before Eagle River would be an advantage to dial the sled in for the big event, but as the years passed having the weekend before the Derby hurt sled counts (in my opinion) due to the short turnaround for maintenance and/or if a driver would crash and fix the sled in 3 days. The date we picked also worked well with the GNSS schedule and the WKCR and was one of the few open dates on the USSA schedule.

I want to thank you guys for coming down here and putting on one hell of a show. There was a lot of great racing and minimal incidents. I can honestly say i had the best seat in the house down in turn 3 with the drivers staying on the gas into the corner, and of course Jake Beres dirt-tracking better around the corner than an actual sprint car.

J, ill check this weekend to see if we have your beacon. But if I remember correctly (and if im thinking of the same beacon), when i was picking up haybales after the races were done, i didn't see the beacon along the front stretch wall coming out of 4.

Good luck at Weyauwega you guys
Brandon McMullen
mcmube12

Postby lerch23 » February 9th, 2011, 3:02 pm

Maybe try a december date.......
lerch23

Postby mcmube12 » February 9th, 2011, 4:31 pm

The time frame to get everything ready for a December race would be a huge push and would be a huge risk with whether we could get cold enough temps for a long enough time frame down here and snow to get all 3 tracks race ready as well as the pit area. The only feasible weekend that it could have maybe worked in December this winter would have been the same weekend as ORA's race at Rock Rapids (Dec. 18 and 19). The weekend after is Christmas, so that weekend would not work. Amherst would then be the weekend following Christmas around New Year's
Brandon McMullen
mcmube12

Return to Ovals & Enduros