Postby Bob Vehring » March 23rd, 2011, 2:55 am

The Chaincase would leave me out, and as said, its not mine to alter
Bob Vehring
www.4cyclecentral.com
www.120sledracer.com
Bob Vehring

Sprint 600

Postby oldguy50 » March 23rd, 2011, 4:57 am

if ussa would get rid of the chaincase rule it whould be a great class and a good starting point for future champ racers
oldguy50

Sprint 600

Postby ussa 172m » March 23rd, 2011, 7:54 am

these rules are there for a reason keep cost under controll so it does t turn into a out of control money pit much like sprint did.i believe the rules are frozen in limied 500 for another couple years yet.pat duchene
172x
ussa 172m

Sprint 600

Postby Bob Vehring » March 23rd, 2011, 8:45 am

Jeez guys, I didn't mean to start a fight :) only asking questions
Bob Vehring
www.4cyclecentral.com
www.120sledracer.com
Bob Vehring

Sprint 600

Postby watcher » March 23rd, 2011, 11:40 am

Bob, i will have you a ISR book for you at the USSA Banquet. free of charge

watcher
watcher

Sprint 600

Postby proton » March 23rd, 2011, 2:06 pm

limited 500 is a great class, here in MI its our fastest growing class...the rules are perfect the way they are....it is a place where you can race old out of date champ sleds with stock engines...this is the cheapest class to race with out a doubt!...great class
proton

Sprint 600

Postby that 31 car » March 23rd, 2011, 4:45 pm

Dennis: The chaincase rule is designed to keep the 106 high buck, short lived tracks out. A stock chain case is cheaper than anything else out there, and we both know it.116 and 121's work just fine. A 1200 dollar track with studs that lasts 15 laps is not conducive to racing. 2 tenths faster yes, but unaffordable by the average racer. Too many guys think they need whatever is the latest and greatest to go fast. But if you watched, some limiteds pretty much ran with semi pro champs this season with legal engine packages. One of the things that will save this deal is an affordable sled. With only 26 Champs at the Derby and about 18 consistent ones in the world, one would think the handwriting is on the wall. Champ like Pro Snow Cross will be a limited amount of competitors, who will travel where they wish, race what they wish, and when they wish. Weekly racing,and racing for the pure sport of racing will be affordable, controlled, and supported by the 40 hour a week guy, not the highly funded teams. The top 20 are great to watch, BUT as in the past they need a base group to build the show and put on races. It was no different in the old days, just more cannon fodder, if you think about it, the old factory teams only amounted to 16 guys at best. F-I, F-III, and Champ, in the big picture it ain't changed much.
Korinek
that 31 car

Sprint 600

Postby Bob Vehring » March 24th, 2011, 2:25 am

Ok, just to maybe spark some dicussion and well, because I don't know the answers, let me ask;
Years ago I remember oval racing as being the big races in the sport. For Regans business, we attend a fair amount of Snow X races as well as ovals. I just had 3 display booths at the ISOC Grand Finales in Lake Geneva. All 4 Brands were there with large heated tents and all the new models for 2012. They had Makita and Loctite, the Air Force, Amsoil and a variety of aftermarket parts and clothing companys with products on display. Even the local Snow X track where I am Race Dir is sponsored by the Coast Gaurd. We seam to be missing that support in oval racing.

Something else I guess I don't understand, both Snow X and Karting, which is where we come from, are very structured in their over all direction. You start at a a local or semi local track, progress to a Divisonal or Afiliate seies and eventuly to the pro or National series. Here, I'm totally lost, it seams there are just several groups, each simply promoting their series and hoping to pull in the big numbers.
I'm not trying to stir anything up, but it seams to me that other then ER, ovals seam to be hurting for the support they desirve
Bob Vehring
www.4cyclecentral.com
www.120sledracer.com
Bob Vehring

Sprint 600

Postby Bob Vehring » March 24th, 2011, 3:17 am

BTW, I should make it clear that I understand 100% what Jerry is saying and agree that a progression of easy to race class's is what will feed the system,
The unfortunate part is small races don't pack the stands,My job in Karting is promotion, you need the Big show to pack the stands with trail riders then hammer them wide the sales pitch to get them started in raceing themselfs. Get enough spectators and the sponsors will follow and pay the bills
Bob Vehring
www.4cyclecentral.com
www.120sledracer.com
Bob Vehring

Previous

Return to Ovals & Enduros