Subscribe Today

V-FORCE/Moto Tassinari Pro-lite series

V-FORCE/Moto Tassinari Pro-lite series

Postby jhooper/HRE » March 27th, 2014, 9:55 am

This is it.
I Have secured $15,000 for this series {with the condition that my rules are used ENTIRELY as submitted to ISR

Driver eligibility: Any driver that has had more then 3 top 3 finishes in Pro-Champ in the previous 4 seasons combined would not be allowed in this class.
Any driver winning more than 4 sunday finals in this class {in one season} will not be eligible to race in it the next season.
{This class is not designed to just be a less expensive Champ class, it is designed as a "stepping stone" class.

This is NOT the exact wording but here is what I am proposing:

#1- Chassis and clutch rules- same as Pro-Champ except No Titanium studs or carbon fiber backer plates on track.
8 inch Maximum length of LEFT carbide only {too aggressive on the left carbide/ski cause lots of rookie crashes}
Wahl wide ski mandatory on left side. Right ski and carbide same as pro-Champ.

MINIMUM Combined weight of sled and driver after race 580 lbs.

#2- Engine- same year and model 440's as Pro Champ except engine to remain totally stock except for the following.
A- Any silenced pipes allowed
B- Any Mikuni 34 mm carb allowed, including "peanut style", no carb modifications. No boost bottles.
C-V-FORCE REEDS ALLOWED, no other after market reeds allowed
D- Heads may be cut for higher compression or inserts may be installed, outside of head must be stock appearing.
{some of the Arctic and Skidoos came with high compression options already}
E- Must use complete stock ignition for the brand, reprogramming allowed.

I discussed these engine rules with Larry Rugland , we both felt these engines would be 10-15 hp less than a Pro-Champ.

Limited 500 sleds may jump into this class.

I Don't think there will be any reason stopping these sleds from jumping into Pro- Champ except they will need to weigh 375 lbs.
I believe this will fill the void we now have and should really help Pro-Champ numbers in the future. John Hooper
Last edited by jhooper/HRE on April 7th, 2014, 8:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
jhooper/HRE

Re: V-FORCE/Moto Tassinari Pro-lite series

Postby Bonn Cup » March 27th, 2014, 10:14 am

John,were is this series going to run? As a promoter this is good news.
Congratulations !!
[b]Merv Boldt[/b]
Bonn Cup

Postby Petawawarace » March 27th, 2014, 10:35 am

John, Is there no minimum sled weight? Just a combined weight?
DeJongMotorsports.com
Petawawarace

Postby jhooper/HRE » March 27th, 2014, 10:59 am

My plan is to have this series run at all races held in the east and west including Canadian and U.S. tracks.

No minimum sled weight. My thoughts on the weight rule is that a heavier driver could use a lighter chassis design like the older trailing arm sleds and still be competitive. A trailing arm sled can be safely built at around 360 lbs and there are a lot of them out there. John H.
jhooper/HRE

Postby vintage racer » March 27th, 2014, 11:12 am

THANKYOU to the V-FORCE and John for putting the time to get it!! I agree about the no titanium and carbon but the stock motors.... They will be harder to find than a modded motor and more work for the tech guys. I agree with Tj, have a 440 mod engine with a single pipe. I would build a sled for this class starting tomorrow if the engines could be modified!
vintage racer

Postby Schmidt87 » March 27th, 2014, 11:15 am

John,
If a limited 500 was to enter this class using a 500 would it be allowed the aftermarket pipes and high comp heads also or would it remain as is per Limited rules?
Schmidt87

Postby jhooper/HRE » March 27th, 2014, 11:19 am

Stock 440's are becoming a little harder to find but for now there are enough available.
If we let guys mod the engine, there is no difference from Pro-Champ.
jhooper/HRE

Postby jhooper/HRE » March 27th, 2014, 11:20 am

The limited 500 would still need to stay with the limited 500 rules.
jhooper/HRE

Postby vintage racer » March 27th, 2014, 11:42 am

jhooper/HRE wrote:Stock 440's are becoming a little harder to find but for now there are enough available.
If we let guys mod the engine, there is no difference from Pro-Champ.

The combined weight and no exotic materials is a difference and then restrict it with a 32 mm carb. I am sure between yourself, Larry and Darcy you could come up with a 100 modded cylinders that are maybe a little outdated for pro champ. Try out your proposed carbide rule and they will be slower. That way it is easy to tech, easy to get parts and easy to jump to pro champ.
Jimmy
vintage racer

Postby Flatout » March 27th, 2014, 1:20 pm

First I would like to thank you for your efforts securing $15K for this series. I wish it was so easy for the rest of us to get this kind of sponsorship.
Other than allowing custom head inserts it sounds a lot like Champ Lite.

My questions are?
1) How will the payout be made? Will it be a weekly payout (Saturday and Sunday) or a year end contingency payout based on accumulated points? If so how many places and what percentage? If it is run at all races both east and west how is the winner determined?
2) Will some of the payout come from entry fees? i.e. will it be payback plus purse?
3) Who will be responsible for administering the payouts?
4) What determines stock? Will lets say a 98 motor be considered stock if it is equipped with stock 99 cylinders and a stock reprogrammable 2002 ignition or do all engine parts have to be year matched? Will different base gasket thicknesses be allowed?
5) Is this class intended to replace semi pro champ?

HG
Flatout

Next

Return to Ovals & Enduros