Subscribe Today

Grand Prix win stripped from #33?

Grand Prix win stripped from #33?

Postby Champ Crazy » February 26th, 2015, 9:02 pm

I've heard some rumors , but can anyone confirm what's going on?
Champ Crazy

Re: Grand Prix win stripped from #33?

Postby Petawawarace » February 27th, 2015, 8:09 am

Its true
DeJongMotorsports.com
Petawawarace

Postby Spy-Guy 74 » February 27th, 2015, 9:07 am

Jeff was if for Sunday's event or is there ramifications for all days? It must be fuel related to happen this late after a race I would think. In the end I hope everything was done correctly, if it's true I hope it stands and we move on.
Spy-Guy 74

Postby Champ Crazy » February 27th, 2015, 9:11 am

I'm assuming this is fuel related however I shouldn't speculate. Would someone that knows more please Fill in the blanks for those of us that don't know the whole scoop. I feel like drivers and fans of this sport need to know what is going on and not just have things all hush hush. This should be brought to everyones attention. Maybe then people will get more on board with the idea of a spec fuel purchased in paddock area. Heck why not try get a series sponsor out of vp or another manufacturer. Just my two cents and of course I'm speculating on fuel but it doesn't take a genius to lean that way!
Champ Crazy

Postby Mr.Pipe » February 27th, 2015, 9:22 am

I'm assuming that means that Howard is still struggling to learn how to do proper fuel tests, and further independent tests are pending?
Mr.Pipe

Postby Petawawarace » February 27th, 2015, 10:23 am

Yes it was for fuel, and yes the sample was tested independently aswell.
DeJongMotorsports.com
Petawawarace

Postby Pinnacle Motorsports » February 27th, 2015, 10:35 am

Everyone was made aware of the fule testing before arriving at Valcourt, and at least for us, when Howard came to the trailer to get our fuel/oil sample. Howard explained the tests in detail to us and asked if we understood it all. He did it in a way that the common man could understand. Howard also explained the consequences of using something that wasn't in the fuel we originally gave as a sample. If we were to change anything fuel or oil related, he told us to come get him so he could collect the other fuel/oil we would use. Told him what you got from us is what we use, and thanked him for his efforts. IF.....things don't/didnt check out with any and all competitors, I truly hope that CPT/ISR follows through with the penalty/penalties that was written in the "Valcourt fuel testing " thread.
Pinnacle Motorsports

Postby ChampWrench » February 27th, 2015, 12:22 pm

ChampWrench

Postby motowrecker121 » February 27th, 2015, 5:39 pm

Mr.Pipe wrote:I'm assuming that means that Howard is still struggling to learn how to do proper fuel tests, and further independent tests are pending?

At Boonville he had a hand held meter. he placed the pickup in the tank and the hand held unit had 4 or 5 displays on it.
motowrecker121

Return to Ovals & Enduros