Subscribe Today

2015 FXR/U.S. Nationals - Feb 27, 28 2016 ANNOUNCEMENT

2015 FXR/U.S. Nationals - Feb 27, 28 2016 ANNOUNCEMENT

Postby rotaxracer33 » December 4th, 2015, 3:53 pm

To our valued racers and fans,

As you can imagine my phone, email and FB message box have been on fire. BRRP has done everything according to plan and the plan has been melted by Mother Nature.

Jointly the ORA, TLR Cup and BRRP have made the decision to move the 2015 FXR/U.S. Nationals to FEB 27, 28 2016. While we would enjoy the TLR Cup at the rescheduled date, TLR policy does not allow the date change. BRRP has corporate obligations that need to be met including the production of the FXR/U.S. Nationals so this means is that the show is ON. Some notes:

This WILL remain an ORA points race.
We will race ALL the same classes
We will race the same race schedule - the Pro Champ 440 show will likely move in time to the end of the day.
Saturday - Qualifying
Sunday - Finals
Pro Champ 440 will race for 100% Payback (I am searching for a sponsor for added purse) - Full Show Both days/added purse on Sunday.
ProLite will race for 100% Payback (I am searching for a sponsor for added purse) Full show both days/added purse on Sunday.
I've identified a potential host hotel for the show, it is different than the Sleep Inn (cancellations are on your own), I'll make that announcement likely tonight.

I apologize for the inconvenience that this may put on any number of racers and fans and with a heavy heart I apologize. BRRP would sincerely enjoy your attendance at the new date. Thank you for your patience from BRRP and The ORA.

Randy
701-367-1163
Last edited by rotaxracer33 on January 12th, 2016, 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rotaxracer33

2015 FXR/U.S. Nationals @ BRRP moved to Feb 27, 28 2016

Postby rotaxracer33 » January 12th, 2016, 6:23 pm

I received this email today from Kevin Nathe...

"Dear Racers,

I wanted to provide you with an update regarding the BRRP facility. As many of you are aware, a foreclosure process was started. The reason this occurred related to an unfortunate side effect of my wife and I divorcing. Many of the issues have finally been resolved and I am pleased to announce the purchase of the property by a private party and cancellation of the foreclosure sale. I will remain employed by the new owner as general manager. I will continue to schedule races, conduct races, and handle the day-to-day operations at BRRP.

The good news is the new owner has plans for expansion and further improvement of the facility. I am looking forward to this new chapter for BRRP and the changes will be exciting. We plan to continue offering the best racing program in the area. Please feel free to contact me with any further questions or comments.

Speaking directly to the FXR/U.S Nationals on February 27, 28 2016. The race is ON! We have retained FXR as the title sponsor, Randy Olson and I are still pursuing presenting and associate sponsors to help produce the very best show possible. The O.R.A and BRRP are excited. Beaton Farms has stepped up and donated the use of a bull dozer to remove the ISOC race track allowing us to create the ice racing surface. Performance Auto has also stayed on board and will be offering the RACEceiver to ALL racers (details to follow) as an added safety feature. We feel that this is the first step in the right direction for rider safety. The heated indoor General Admission seating, heated bathrooms, private suites and heated racer mall will be ready to serve you. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Sincerely,

Kevin Nathe
701-729-4575"
rotaxracer33

Re: 2015 FXR/U.S. Nationals - Feb 27, 28 2016 ANNOUNCEMENT

Postby ice_racer_69 » January 13th, 2016, 9:08 am

what is a raciever? I thought radio's weren't legal?
ice_racer_69

Postby Spy-Guy 74 » January 13th, 2016, 4:32 pm

Chris the rule your talking about is no radio communication between crew members and their driver. I believe this would be more like radio communication from the sanctioning body and driver. Most likely for safety issues, which maybe a good thing to try. I myself wouldn't want to be up in a tower and making the call, but others may and could prove to be a good step towards driver safety
Spy-Guy 74

Postby rotaxracer33 » January 13th, 2016, 9:00 pm

Ice_Racer_69,

SpyGuy 74 is correct.

In the WISSOTA, IMCA, USMTS, WoO and likely numerous others organizations use ONE WAY communication for two reasons: 1.) Safety/Red Flags/Race Stopage 2.) Effective communication for line up on restarts. This is something BRRP identified this past summer with the other TLR CUP venues and administration as a weak point in safety and show production. BRRP feels that the implementation of the RACEceiver to the field will no doubt be a step in the right direction of safer racing with the added benefit of quicker restarts. We should know more details tomorrow.

Randy
rotaxracer33

Return to Ovals & Enduros