Subscribe Today

Please Explain Why?

Please Explain Why?

Postby Spy-Guy 74 » January 15th, 2016, 3:04 pm

I don't have a horse in the race, so it really doesn't matter to me but it still sort of bugs me. Why would a guy that won a season points championship Semi-Pro Champ in 2014, finished second in Pro Champ seasons point championship two years in row still race semi-pro?
Spy-Guy 74

Re: Please Explain Why?

Postby ice_racer_69 » January 15th, 2016, 4:11 pm

The guys from out east gotta take their win's where they can get 'em ;)
ice_racer_69

Re: Please Explain Why?

Postby WAVEY DOG #26 OSRF » January 16th, 2016, 10:15 am

Probably because they race against 5 sleds in semi pro champ out east. Pro champ has a total of 10ish racing in their class with the semi pro included in the count. I know Valcourt may have close to 15 sleds for that weekend and Eganville may have a few extra sleds for their race. Points championship out east should have a asterious * next to them! I wouldn't be advertising semi pro chump championship if I were racing against 5,6,7 sleds in my class. If there were 20 sleds then fine! Not sure how the figure who is semi pro and pro? I guess if your not considered very good no matter how many years in racing you still Qualify? But for sure you can't go off of the year end accomplishment's because the lack of racers/ competition out east. It was not always that way, back in the good ole days teams like Goodwin's and others would rather race our circuit than the ones out west!
WAVEY DOG #26 OSRF

Return to Ovals & Enduros