Subscribe Today

wega fire on ice

wega fire on ice

Postby watcher » February 12th, 2013, 6:13 am

You would think Laid off all winter that Troy would have had that Limited 500 on the ice a month ago????? what the heck as he done all winter???

watcher
watcher

wega fire on ice

Postby HRA motorsports » February 12th, 2013, 6:19 am

I think he already answer your question. something about cheese curds beef sticks and diet dew
HRA motorsports

wega fire on ice

Postby tuner78 » February 12th, 2013, 7:24 am

Ya the #72 guy does have an A-arm limited. As a matter of fact - it was the series point champion about 4 years ago. Built by Brown and started out life haulin #323 around then #78 then #57. Sat for a year then was sold to #72 and so far it has sat around for another year. Jus sayin! Started workin on 873 last night, not too bad. Should be good for a coupla more this year yet.
WINNERS:
Show up prepared
Are never intimidated
Don't give up
Are professional
Keep the faith

[b]Team Behn Racing[/b]Tuner78
tuner78

wega fire on ice

Postby ice_racer_69 » February 12th, 2013, 9:22 am

Limited 500 is a great class, a lot of different "combinations" of "things" can be competitive. Ours is for sale, if anyone's interested. We will be at grey eagle this weekend so you can take her for a test run...Hopefully we have a good show of ltds!!
ice_racer_69

wega fire on ice

Postby Bob Vehring » February 12th, 2013, 12:49 pm

I have debated for a day or to on weather to bring this up. I know this is not a "class" thread, but limited keeps coming up here.

I really do understand the importance of a ladder system, and believe in it. In Jr's we have the stock chassis class and a sprint style class. In sr. we have the F500, sportsman's for stock chassis. Then we get to the open chassis side.
Now don't misunderstand this as complaining because we do have the Combo class this year to run in, but still having 4-6 racers out of 3 different classes, isn't outstanding. So, given the number of old champ chassis out there somewhere, why isn't the 106 track/ chain case allowed in Limited. My guess is, Sprint ain't coming back, Maybe because of the 600/fan engines.
I understand that some people will say its because of cost, but its an almost open chassis rule to start with, it has to have a track and chain case under it. My guess would be there's probably more used champs out there then open chassis with the long track. I also understand that probably most current racers are dialed in with what they have. I'm just wondering why we can't get more new people in these classes, maybe if they could run the used Champ chassis, we would.
Bob Vehring
www.4cyclecentral.com
www.120sledracer.com
Bob Vehring

wega fire on ice

Postby ussa 172m » February 12th, 2013, 1:52 pm

i think the answer is pretty simple the 12 to 15 guys that have sleds now that meat the current rules wouldn t be competive against the newer champ style chassis.so they would probably quit the class.i agree you may pick up afew guys but is it worth losing the guys that helped biuld the class.bob the sled you have could maybe. be reworked to meet the rules.pat duchene
172x
ussa 172m

wega fire on ice

Postby Dahlke882 » February 12th, 2013, 2:19 pm

Bob -

I believe the rules are up for review this spring, and after talking to most ALREADY involved in this class. We have come up with a few rules we would like to see reworked. Please keep in mind, I will be running a trailing arm sled, with a stock Polaris chaincase and a 116x15" track and STILL want these rules changed to help promote some growth in the class.

Keep the rules as current EXCEPT:

ANY 116 or LONGER Track - Lots of these sleds were built with 13.5" wides and new/nice used ones can be had very inexpensively.

ANY Chaincase - Billet is not a performance advantage, and SKI DOO and Polaris both offer late model OEM chaincases in the 8"-11+" range.

Any Slide Rail - Most OLDER champs/sprints that should be raced as Limiteds already have a Wahl/Houle skid - dont make them fab an inferior rail to meet the rules.

ANY HOOD - I love the idea of stock looking sleds, but lets face it. Nothing produced in the last 10 years is going to fit an open-mod chassis very well. This is supposed to be an ECONOMY mod class, the used chassis you bought most likely came with a Champ style hood. If the guy wants to run one great, if he wants a stock appearing hood by all means have at it.

I know the first comment is why no 106" tracks, basically everyone I've spoken with just doesnt want them in the class. PERIOD. The class is call LIMITED! NOT THE LATEST AND GREATEST!! If you find a well-used Wahl/Houle A Arm cheap thats great, throw a short chaincase in it and a 116 and go at it. Most of us involved just dont believe a 106" track belongs in the Limited class.

Alan
Dahlke882

wega fire on ice

Postby Fontaine Racing » February 12th, 2013, 2:22 pm

Back on topic.
sorry we left without being able to personaly express our thanks.
cant tell you how much we thank you guys, and Gals for giving us such a great place to race + make up races, special thanks to all the people that donate there time to make this a huge venue, and especialy the FANS in the stands!!!
looking forward to the 2014 race
Fontaine Racing
Fontaine Racing

wega fire on ice

Postby Dahlke882 » February 12th, 2013, 2:34 pm

Well said Doug, a Thank You should go out to all the volunteers who help put on Amherst, Wausau and Weyauwega. All three venues do an amazing job giving us a place to race each winter!

Thanks Again, Alan
Dahlke882

wega fire on ice

Postby Spy-Guy 74 » February 12th, 2013, 3:29 pm

Alan, if you get those four rules changed for next year that you have listed for the class. I will throw in 250.00 dollars extra payout for Amherst, Wausau, and the Weyauwega races. Thats 750.00 more dollars for the limited 500 class next year. I think it's a great class, just need more entries and there's really no reason not to have the numbers F-500 class has now, say in a couple of years.
Spy-Guy 74

PreviousNext

Return to Ovals & Enduros