Subscribe Today

ISR Rules meeting

ISR Rules meeting

Postby champ27 » February 28th, 2013, 4:19 pm

Thats rotating weight i think Doug
But yes being a large driver its an obvious disadvantage. The combined weight rule should be based on a 180lbs rider. There are several drivers that are 120-140 pounds and several that are 200 plus. If you used the 180lbs rule it would bring both weights closer together.
I know before people argued the larger driver had the advantage of "muscling" the sled. Look how much Jacques leans into a corner versus a large guy like Dustin Wahl. A larger guy has to have twice the conditioning due to the fact we have to pull our own weight up and down off the side of the sled.

Newtons Second law: The acceleration a of a body is parallel and directly proportional to the net force F acting on the body, is in the direction of the net force, and is inversely proportional to the mass m of the body, i.e., F = ma.

Not to mention Gravitational laws, "GForce" an object in motion wants to stay in motion. Any weight that exceeds 1 g which in oval racing is 1.5 to 2 gs if anyone looks at there data. When this happens the downforce from static weight then becomes for lack of a better term "outforce" long story short the weight wants to go to the wall!
Jason Smith
Jason Smith Racing
champ27

ISR Rules meeting

Postby proton » March 1st, 2013, 4:23 am

Someone who knows how should pull up all these arguments from two/three years ago and post them, It will save every one the trouble....
proton

ISR Rules meeting

Postby luvtoscaremyself » March 1st, 2013, 5:28 am

Back in the days of twin trackers and even before that no ever complaned about a weight rule that i can recall. We had short light riders,short heavey riders, tall light riders, and tall heavey riders. No one type of rider dominitaded racing. there for it was very obvious that no felt they were at a disadvantge and never made a issue of it. I belive there is advantages and disadvantages to both wich in the end evens it out. What i do know for a fact is you can not compare it to any motor sport where the driver is in a stationary postion.
luvtoscaremyself

ISR Rules meeting

Postby rotaxracer33 » March 3rd, 2013, 11:55 am

Just gonna throw it out there. LTD 500/600. I have and old Champ that I just don't have a class for 'cause of it rails. Can this be addressed at the ISR meeting?
rotaxracer33

ISR Rules meeting

Postby that 31 car » March 3rd, 2013, 1:02 pm

5oo LTD is open for review this year, at ISR.
600 LTD is a regional class and is up to USSA if they want to change anything.
that 31 car

ISR Rules meeting

Postby johnny38 » March 3rd, 2013, 2:27 pm

Figure out a way to have seat belts so no one can lean off the sled and then the combined weight rule is good. Left side weight is a huge factor in cornering.
johnny38

ISR Rules meeting

Postby Ovals Forever » March 3rd, 2013, 5:02 pm

Mike Houle looked liked he weighed 100lbs as fast as he was but he had to be one of the biggest guys that ever raced a champ.
If lighter and smaller means faster "and it does" the guys that raced against him back in the day are dam lucky he didn't weigh 120 lbs.
Ovals Forever

ISR Rules meeting

Postby Fontaine Racing » March 4th, 2013, 2:31 am

Darrel
take a look at the Bj results from this weekend (top 3)probably 3 of the lightest jockeys out there. do you think there havin a tough time getting around the corner??
besides being the first to corner 1.
doubt you will get an answer on this forum but maybe you could call that 3 person team ( a pretty wide range of driver wieghts)and get an honest opinion from a team that has probably done more testing than anyone else.
I would bet you could get a honest, proven answer.
things evolve (such as Champ racing)and I would not be too far out of line saying That they have since the Time Mike was cleaning up.equipmentis pretty well matched nowadays, and yes we still have some exceptionall drivers

bet you used to use mineral base oil in your snowmobile, and now you use a synthetic?
just an example of evolution in snowmobile racing.
Not lobbying to change a bunch of rules, just saying,some times open minds prosper? things do change!
Fontaine Racing

ISR Rules meeting

Postby 323Driver » March 10th, 2013, 7:53 am

This rule was actually passed at an ISR meeting in 2005 or 06 (Help me out here Jerry K or Watcher).
Now that Todd is no longer at ER, it may be worth re-visiting. He was the one who flatly refused to abide by the ruling.
Chip
323Driver

ISR Rules meeting

Postby watcher » March 10th, 2013, 12:14 pm

It had a few more problems .....Wally voted for the weight rule.....later changed is mind, BJ voted for the rule and Andy said he did not ok the change (he had someone else at the meeting) So, they revoted and it fail to make the change of the rule. Todd was against it the whole time.

As for ER, i will never understand.......

after that year, ISR made a rule on how it can come back for a revote. 90% of the voting folks at the meeting have to agree to bring it back to the table and out of those folks it has to pass by 75% to change the rule.

watcher
watcher

PreviousNext

Return to Ovals & Enduros