Subscribe Today

ISR Rules meeting

ISR Rules meeting

Postby Petawawarace » March 10th, 2013, 1:29 pm

One of the best comparisons to oval racing I would think to be motocross. They do not have a combined weight rule as far as I know.
DeJongMotorsports.com
Petawawarace

ISR Rules meeting

Postby proton » March 11th, 2013, 2:18 am

90% to bring it back for debate...that will never happen, thats an almost unanimous vote to start with.
proton

ISR Rules meeting

Postby watcher » March 11th, 2013, 2:51 am

90% is if they want to change the rule after the IRS Spring meeting and before the next ISR Spring Meeting.

watcher
watcher

ISR Rules meeting

Postby proton » March 11th, 2013, 4:58 am

ok ... thanks for the clarification.
proton

ISR Rules meeting

Postby snowman39 » March 13th, 2013, 3:32 pm

Well i am hesitatent to share my thoughts, but here we go.

In Kart Racing driver and Kart are combined, 20 to 30lbs are huge between drivers, in fact in most cases as combinned weight of 30 lbs over genrally means the driver will not be competative. I know there is a big diffrence based on power to weight ratio, Bottom line lighter is faster, Simple physics of acceleration of MASS.

Currently the majority of the pilots in Champ are Medium to small drivers of which give them an advantage, We clutch our sled for a driver of 200lbs, put another driver of 150, 300 more RPM right now, Same lap times and the lighter driver is not a seasoned, slower in Much faster out, again Lighter is quiker and Faster.

The Promoters that voted against this where in deed promoters, NOT racers. ISR as well as the promters need to revist this, There are some bigger driver who just can't compete. In closing lets ask this question

Can the sport of Snowmobile racing afford to loose any more drivers.

Food for thought, Please keep the bashing to a Minimum

Thanks

Guy
[b]Guy Budel[/b]
snowman39

ISR Rules meeting

Postby jhooper/HRE » March 14th, 2013, 12:40 am

There was a time when a heavier driver had an advantage thru the corners because he could muscle an ill handling sled or fight the dreaded hi-side better. Those days are gone.
With all the advancements in chassis design over the past 10 years a big driver is a HUGE disadvantage.
In most races getting the holeshot is a huge advantage and on these sleds 30lbs = 1 sled lenbth in a 300 ft drag race, I have tested this more than once.
How many times has anyone seen a serious hi-side from small drivers in the past couple years??
In a field of well tuned/adjusted Champ sleds a driver over 200lbs.
might as well stay in the trailer.
The trend toward smaller drivers winning Most of the races will continue.
I think a combined weight of 560lbs would be about right, if we don,t do anything at the next oportunity we will see most teams searching for smaller drivers just to compete.
John H.
jhooper/HRE

ISR Rules meeting

Postby WAVEY DOG #26 OSRF » March 14th, 2013, 1:45 am

Guy no oval racing can't afford to loose any more racers. I am a die hard racer/ fan and I'm loosing interest. David
DAVID RIEMENSCHNEIDER
WAVEY DOG #26 OSRF

ISR Rules meeting

Postby proton » March 14th, 2013, 2:31 am

no minimum sled weight?...
proton

ISR Rules meeting

Postby Spy-Guy 74 » March 14th, 2013, 3:17 am

Proton I would think there would be, most likely the 375 pound rule.
Spy-Guy 74

ISR Rules meeting

Postby champ27 » March 16th, 2013, 3:47 am

Although Im sure im Bias to this discussion. I have ran in Champ on the EPT for awhile now. When we ran Hoopers equipment and when I drove for George Samson we were very fast and on many occasions the man to beat. At that time i weighed 220lbs im 6-6. I have ran the last few years with off the wall chassis designs and undeveloped engine programs and haven't been a threat in the last few years.
However,Over the last few weeks ive put a lot of thought into buying new equipment and proven engines.
BUT..... My one and only thought that would make me noncompetitive is my weight. Im 235-245 depending on the day. If i busted my ass i could make 220lbs but i still would be at a huge disadvantage, I understand its not the lighter guys fault im a big guy and vise versa. But i will say if this rule doesnt get changed as John said i might as well stay home or in the trailer!
Jason Smith
Jason Smith Racing
champ27

PreviousNext

Return to Ovals & Enduros