Subscribe Today

2015 ISR rules already being dictated by the OEM'S?

Postby prochamp » March 13th, 2013, 5:18 pm

According to sled racer.com the OEMs and ISR have already decided that all race sleds will be fuel injected by 2015. How is this going to effect champ racing and Oval racing in general? Why does the ISR make rules with the OEM without consulting all forms of Competitors , groups and promoters? All We ever hear is that ISR dosen't make any rules at all, but the Racers and the Promoters are the Ones that make all the decisions. Just putting this out there for discussion, as it needs to be addressed ASAP, for everyone involved. I am sure it's for the Snowcross development and the EPA concerns, but it will trickle down to oval racing as well, soon enough. What's the Oval community think about this .
prochamp

Postby Spy-Guy 74 » March 14th, 2013, 3:06 am

I really don't know how this will play out for Champ racing, or oval racing in general. Champ now has the fifteen year rule on motors, last motors built in 2007 I believe that would make them good till 2022. If they went to 600's that would give them even a few more years.

If the four OEM's want this, it would be very hard to stop it as they are the ones that make the race sleds. If there all in agreement to this. I know they have meetings with ISR every year too, if this information is correct it must be something they hashed out last year. I don't believe they have come together yet this year.

Who knows down the road maybe factory 600 will be the elite class in oval racing complete with a stock motor and fuel injection. Hopefully by the time it happens, I'll be to old to go watch or really care for that matter. Racing to me is the smell of race gas, a set of LOUD tuned pipes, and a bunch of guys dedicated to make there motor a little faster than the other guys. If that goes by the wayside, they'll lose at least one dedicated race fan for sure.

Earlier when I mentioned a motor a little faster than the other guys. I'm talking an enhanced motor built by the Larry Ruglands, John Hoopers, Darcy Rosentreters and anyone else out there building Champ engines. If that goes by the wayside, I'll go by the wayside too. Simple as that, but that's only my opinion take it for what it's worth!! Many others may differ and that's alright too
Spy-Guy 74

Postby watcher » March 14th, 2013, 3:10 am

Maybe get all the facts first. is it by 2015 all stock race sleds will have fuel injections on them? when it comes to mod class, champ does not even allow flat slides and those motor came with Flat Slides. prochamp settle down, it will all ok.

watcher
watcher

Postby Bob Vehring » March 14th, 2013, 3:26 am

Back in the 90's the Kart racing world started making a switch over to all or mostly spec engines. Of course the sales point to the racer was, no more big money engines. Maybe true to at least some degree.

What happened that many didn't see coming was a large drop in incoming new racers. Engine builders/part suppliers, because it is their income, were the people that brought a large percentage of new racers into the sport. When you cut them out of the loop, you not only lost the money they spend sponsoring races etc, there was no one left in each shops area bringing in new racers and entries dropped every where, every level, we still suffer from that today.
Just something to think about
Bob Vehring
www.4cyclecentral.com
www.120sledracer.com
Bob Vehring

Postby prochamp » March 14th, 2013, 6:46 am

[quote=watcher]Maybe get all the facts first. is it by 2015 all stock race sleds will have fuel injections on them? when it comes to mod class, champ does not even allow flat slides and those motor came with Flat Slides. prochamp settle down, it will all ok.

watcher[/quote]

Exactly the response I expected out of you!
The problem is ISR,again making rules that they say they never do!

I didnt make this up, its posted on another site in detail, at least what they have info on. Maybe You guys (ISR) should Tell the truth about how ISR really works. Oh I forgot its probably being controlled by the Insurance Company.

Sorry but this continuing hidden agenda is what is helping kill the sport.
prochamp

Postby watcher » March 14th, 2013, 7:23 am

Now now prochamp......my statement is a question, do you see the ? MARK at the end? now that is another question. what rule do we have in oval racing that the Affilication did not vote on prochamp and the OEM made (now that is another question)? maybe you need to sit in on ISR Oval meeting and see how the rules get into the book (now that is another question)?

watcher
watcher

Postby rotaxracer33 » March 14th, 2013, 9:05 am

I hate to agree with Spy Guy all the time, but again, I must.

Champ and whatever the future holds for the top class is where I hold my affections. It's an elite group that take a production motor grind the heck outta the thing create a set of pipes and then marry it to a hand build/designed chassis to make the most arrogant rider humble. Now if the current Factory 600's morph into the top class, I'm good with that. Think back to Nick's lap times at Eagle this past January...pretty impressive huh. So now let them that that next step and put that mill into a Champ chassis. Where's the problem? Whey does a group (ISR) or groups (OEMs) need to control every turn of a screw on a rules package? I would be willing to bet that the EFI component is purely a Sno X and Cross Country race applications not ovals. OEM's don't play in oval to speak of. There is some contingent purse money but that's about it. So [b]IF[/b] ISR is only a focal poitn of information and a coalescing of thoughts into published rules then EFI won't be and issue because you can bet that the Champ teams will make it known what the Champ rules need to be.
rotaxracer33

Postby prochamp » March 14th, 2013, 10:15 am

[quote=watcher]Now now prochamp......my statement is a question, do you see the ? MARK at the end? now that is another question. what rule do we have in oval racing that the Affilication did not vote on prochamp and the OEM made (now that is another question)? maybe you need to sit in on ISR Oval meeting and see how the rules get into the book (now that is another question)?

watcher[/quote]

I spent many years sitting in on the meetings and casting my Vote as an Affilate. If you want to counts dates and times compared to your own I can do that!
This was long before your time ( Now thats the answer) ISR,s one sided approach is why everyone ?? what comes down for voting

sledracer
Snowmobile racing rules are set to change in 2015 when the manufacturers will mandate fuel injection on 600cc race engines. There are many benefits to this including better fuel efficiency, easier tuning, power restriction and better re-sale. This means a Junior racer will likely be able to ride the same sled with the same engine as a Pro or Pro Lite racer since manufacturers will be able to "detune" the engine. [u]Also, instead of a pure racing engine these engines will be closer to a "production" snowmobile engine [/u] so used race sleds should be more attractive to non-racing riders when it comes to re-sale. Of course, all this could change at the next ISR meeting, but for now this is the roadmap the rulesmakers have set moving forward. With that, let's look at what may be powering your 2015 race sled.
prochamp

Postby watcher » March 14th, 2013, 10:37 am

THANKS FOR THE ANSWER! Now question for you.... "ISR,s one sided approach is why everyone ?? what comes down for voting". Question for you.....who is everyone? NEXT...."Of course, all this could change at the next ISR meeting". Question.... so until its voted on it could change, the rule is not there yet???

watcher
watcher

Postby bobspears1 » March 14th, 2013, 11:32 am

Are you people always this scared??!!! Why can't you get along?? It was a great season, albeit a bit late, why knock each other around with this crap.Maybe-- maybe those lost dates in Dec and Jan should be reviewed. Maybe ole man winters is tired of working in November, Maybe he won't show up till January?? Who cares?? More rumble strips??
bobspears1

Next

Return to Ovals & Enduros