Subscribe Today

The Historic Big One Returns to the Viking Speedway...

Postby Ovals Forever » March 21st, 2013, 3:50 pm

If they put on "And I believe they will" a great exciting 100% oval race weekend
with lots of sleds and spectators I don't care who puts it on or what insurance company they have, the only thing I hope for is that it goes over so big that it becomes a big event for years to come.

Maybe just maybe these guys have been taking notes from all the venues and will take the best from all venues and take the sport a step or two ahead.

Having some races in Alexandria might bring some new people in from MN and the Dakotas, as it is now most of the races are in WI and East.

Grand Forks was another place the Sno Pro used to race, I would love to see that come back, its a high banked 1/4 track.

Minot ND would be a good place to, as there is alot of money up in that neck of the woods these days.
Ovals Forever

Postby rfn99x » March 22nd, 2013, 2:33 am

Again, thanks for the positive words. 6 Hours straight on the phone yesterday!

But, we now are "live" on Facebook.

Search: The Winter Spectacular

Be well.
rfn99x

Postby Fontaine Racing » March 22nd, 2013, 2:46 am

yeah but I bet if things dont go off without a hitch. and no champs show up becouse there is not the right insurance, I would bet you will be the 1st one on here complaining???????
just giving them some things to consider. because we would also like to attend,if we can afford another ER type schedule right after a long ER week,
Fontaine Racing

Postby Ovals Forever » March 22nd, 2013, 12:50 pm

Personaly Eagle River isn't really doing it for me anymore, the oval racing is allways great, but "I speak for my self when I say this" I personally can't stand watching snow cross, and there seems to be more sno cross then ovals and this is at the biggest oval race and that pisses me off because they could just have one weekend of ovals vintage and current but they won't do it for what ever reason.
If your standing on the hill The fricking jumps are in your way when the ovals are going down the back strech, I paid $200 and what ever it was for a hot seat but couldn't even visit because the music was so loud you had to plug your ears.
I know they work hard to put on a good show, "And they Do" and I thank them for that, but if sno cross is going to continue to be 65% of the show I don't know if I will be back.

But then again I've said that before. lol

I suggest all venues have a suggestion box it could really help you.

Im really hoping the folks at Alex knock the ball out of the park next year.
Ovals Forever

Postby ZR PILOT » March 23rd, 2013, 2:15 pm

I agree. I like going to the WC....only cuz it is the biggest oval race of the year. I DO NOT like lining the Deckers' pockets so their spoiled daughters can go racing every year....especially when they are trying to get even more sponsors so daddy can line his pockets even more!! I wish the local snowmobile club would promote this event ....so atleast then the money would go to good use!!!
A fan of snowmobile oval racing!! ;)
ZR PILOT

Postby WAVEY DOG #26 OSRF » March 24th, 2013, 12:50 pm

ZR Pilot/ trail rider, your kinda sounding like a ahole, again! David
DAVID RIEMENSCHNEIDER
WAVEY DOG #26 OSRF

Postby Bob Vehring » March 24th, 2013, 3:08 pm

I'd say A hole is a little light, of course we can't used the right terms here. Your certainly entitled to any personal thought you may have on any of the Decker family INVOLVED in their business ventures, to bring their girls into it, is far over the line. You might look in to their kart racing where how much money you have has absolutely nothing to do with anything.
We've just finished our 3rd year of oval racing, were in it because of ER, its the only oval racing I knew of. I live an hour south of you. When I tell my friends, summertime racing friends even local sled people what we do now, most know nothing about it, until I mention ER, then they all know what I'm talking about. ER is by far the largest promotion of the sport we have to those not actively involved.
Our very first race was in Plymouth, I could not believe how few people were there, especially considering there's several million people within 2 hrs of there. Now look at the number of people that go to ER. I think that says alot to what they bring to the sport.
BTW, sorry you don't appreciate the skills involved in Snow X, I too prefer ovals but like snow x also, it sure beats watching the plows do laps
Bob Vehring
www.4cyclecentral.com
www.120sledracer.com
Bob Vehring

Postby Spy-Guy 74 » March 24th, 2013, 4:09 pm

Bob your 100 percent correct on what you just posted. What puzzles me, a fellow started this post and it should have been the biggest news that hit the oval scene since the announcement of the TLR Cup by Tommy. So folks yes this is big and welcome news to oval racing in the mid-west. A land track, great facility,and that can draw fans from a very large population base close by.

Lastly if anyone has a problem with the Deckers, I'd suggest taking it up with them in person or on the phone. They have a huge investment in the facility they own, I've attended for years. One thing for sure is they've put money back into the track, the grounds, equipment, and buildings at there race complex. So folks they have to make money, or it will all go away. I'd dare to say if the Derby Track went by the wayside, oval modern racing would be gone too in a very SHORT period of time. You have to give them credit, they know how to promote there show. It's easy to tell, as they seem to keep sponsors year after year, so I dare to say somebody must be HAPPY!

In closing I just want to thank the promoters of the race in Alexandria for making this race possible. We'll be there for sure next year, already have rooms booked and looking forward to it. I think its time for us all to promote oval racing, instead of the negative views people may have about it.
Spy-Guy 74

Postby 440Mod » March 24th, 2013, 4:12 pm

I have to agree with Ovala Forever. I can take it or leave it (Eagle River Vintage for us) when they have that snocross track in the middle of the track, blocking the view.

Just my opinion.

However, I think Todd and the Deckers do a great job for the sport. I just don't like the oval/snowcross mix.

Good luck trying to get the snowcross venues to give up time and resources to let some oval races run. It would be like running a few Motocross races at a Nascar event.
440Mod

Postby Ovals Forever » March 24th, 2013, 5:07 pm

[quote=Ovals Forever]Personaly Eagle River isn't really doing it for me anymore, the oval racing is allways great, but "I speak for my self when I say this" I personally can't stand watching snow cross, and there seems to be more sno cross then ovals and this is at the biggest oval race and that pisses me off because they could just have one weekend of ovals vintage and current but they won't do it for what ever reason.
If your standing on the hill The fricking jumps are in your way when the ovals are going down the back strech, I paid $200 and what ever it was for a hot seat but couldn't even visit because the music was so loud you had to plug your ears.
I know they work hard to put on a good show, "And they Do" and I thank them for that, but if sno cross is going to continue to be 60% of the show I don't know if I will be back.

But then again I've said that before. lol

I suggest all venues have a suggestion box it could really help you.

Im really hoping the folks at Alex knock the ball out of the park next year.[/quote]

I wanted to add this, just because I don't like Snow cross doesn't mean they aren't good, or that they don't put on a good show, or that someone else shouldn't like them, and I don't expect E.R. to get rid of it just because I don't like it, I'm just saying that because I don't like snow cross I don't know if I want to continue to spend the money for 4 days of racing when 60 percent of the racing is snow cross which I don't care for, and starting next year there will be one more place I can go and watch what I like which is 100% Ovals.

Guess that's why my name on here is "Ovals Forever" and not Snow Cross Forever. lol

Oh and I by no means meant to turn this thread into a E.R. or Decker trasher thread.
Ovals Forever

PreviousNext

Return to Ovals & Enduros