Subscribe Today

Curtis update July 18/2013

Postby race fan Dave » August 3rd, 2013, 4:58 am

It's been a long time since the last update, so here you go.

We (my family) were able to spend a few hours with Curtis and Carol on July 18 on our way down to Grantsburg for the watercross races. Needless to say, we were VERY surprised and impressed at the progress they have made! Curtis is able to walk by himself, even though he is a little shaky sometimes, he has really come a long ways and was great to see. The best part was when he made some lunch by himself as 'he likes eating now'. We had good conversations with him while we were there, as well as many laughs while he threw the football around with my kids and Sally his dog. He is still very strong, and gives you a real handshake or hug when he sees you.

He still has a ways to go, but it was great seeing him get back to being Curtis. If all goes well, he hopes to go to Beausejour for the December races to watch and thank those who have helped out.

If any of you have his phone number, by all means call him as he will be happy to talk to you.

Dave Cole
race fan Dave

Postby #189c » August 8th, 2013, 2:42 pm

Unfortunately only met curtis once before his accident but talked to him online and bugged him with all sorts of questions. I had found it weird when i heard the news i began to tear up and almost cry "How could i show such heavy emotion for someone who i had only met once and chatted with online a handful of times?" then it made me realize Curtis is a quality person and he can touch you and you may not even know it, hope to someday meet him again and build a friendship because just by hearing stories from everyone he was and always will be a great human being. Way to go Curtis your tougher then some could only hope to be.
Sam Brown 00x.
#189c

Return to Ovals & Enduros