Subscribe Today

600 mod/ 800 stock rule

600 mod/ 800 stock rule

Postby D D 121 » October 24th, 2008, 1:14 am

[quote=sledwhore72]You guys love to make rules. If manufactures would step up and show real support then I could possibly understand your logic. Most racers are not able to take a brand new chassis and turn it into a waterX sled. So now they ride a sled for 2-3 years and then decide to convert it. This leaves them 2-3 years to race it. A min of 1 year or more is needed to dial in a brand new chassis. So now by the time you have 2 years and get confident on the sled, it's time to toss it and start over again. I think 7 years would be more reasonable even for the pro's. I guess in the East we are a lil more relaxed with our rules. We would rather beat our competitors on the track then use little nit picking rules. Relaxing the rules ( not regarding safety) on chassis and tunnel lengths and angles and ski widths etc. would help to let the sport progress naturally and would not push out the little guy. Cause that's what builds this sport..!
It may not be costly to update plastic, but i'd like see how easy it is to take a ZX chassis and turn it into a rev. Or make a Gen II into an IQ. It can be done, but try and get those to seal up or even more important get it to handle worth a crap.[/quote] When was the last time you raced at Grantsburg I don't recall your name on the charts last year, time and time again someone gets on here and complains about the rules but then does not even come here to race.
D D 121

600 mod/ 800 stock rule

Postby sledwhore72 » October 24th, 2008, 6:45 am

I may not be on the "Grantsburg" roster, what does that mean, i don't qualify to state my opinion. ? Maybe this "too good for anyone to get into our club" attitude may be one of the reasons. I'm not *****ing, i'm giving my opinion and many others from the east. Its called input. Take input from everyone and maybe we can get the east and west to run in a similiar manor. Many guys in the east run ZX chassis, you just lost any possibility of them showing up next year with this new rule. Im not a basher, just tell it like it is. Your pushing out the little guys. Remember thats our roots.
sledwhore72

600 mod/ 800 stock rule

Postby glhperformance » October 24th, 2008, 11:55 am

when was the last time ski doo made a liquid cooled zx. like 2003? that will be 6 years old now. The same is with the gen 2s. Here in the west we only had a few zx sleds and they were all in semi pro and which a zx will be good till 2013 in the semi pro class! The 5 year rule is only for the PRO class and the oldest model sleds in the pro class hear in the west is an edge. I feel our driver here in the west do a good job on keeping current.
Where do you think we are pushing out he little guy? Like i said the older zx or gen 2s are good in semipro till 2012-2013. were can you go race and build a older sled and then race it for 10yrs? I dont know any forms of racing that this happens in except some of the big iron grass draggers and that is only because to make the power they are running 3bangers and they havent made them for years now. SO all in all this rull does not push out little guy.
glhperformance
glhperformance

600 mod/ 800 stock rule

Postby DM16 » October 24th, 2008, 12:37 pm

Try and take a three year old sled and race in sno-x or cross country? I think our rules are just fine. If it takes you three to five years to make a sled handle you are doing something wrong and sorry to say you shouldn't be racing. Time to cut the mullet and update your style.
DM16

600 mod/ 800 stock rule

Postby mach2005 » October 24th, 2008, 2:59 pm

[quote=mbenoy119][quote=wardlake]So all Polaris Edge chassis with be gone after 2010 Season.

2007 No 600's came in Edge plastic.

Apparently IWA is going to all Ski Doo's as no one last year ran an IQ or Fusion chassis in the stock class.[/quote]

You still have 2 full years to run that sled in the pro classes, 7 more in semi-pro. Honestly, how many years do you expect to be able to run the same equipment? We need to keep current looking equipment running in our pro classes, it is that simple.

Scott, what kind of concessions should we be making? We are not going to flex on the hood deal. If EWA drivers aren't willing to at least upgrade the plastic to run for the big money in the pro classes at Grantsburg, then I guess they aren't going to be able to race there.[/quote]
i have said before that i dont agree with an age requirement on sleds. i along with a few others will be coming to grantsburg next year or the year after and look forward to it. i have new sleds this year but i also kept my very strong zx sleds for spares. we have three or four pro riders that would not be able to run because of these rules.my pride would not be hurt if someone beats my xp with a zx would yours? and what is "big money " mike ?
mach2005

600 mod/ 800 stock rule

Postby ROTALARIS » October 24th, 2008, 4:10 pm

I think the year ruling is BS.I run a 1990 indy 500 chassis LT w/ a mod 600sb in the pro clases w/ the EWA. The sled looks great runs fast as hell and 2 weeks ago at Epping NH where there were over 20,000 spectators A few came up to me and commented on how bad ass my sled looked. Its vintage iron probably older than some IWA drivers and a few EWA amatures . I took a 2nd sunday behind sledwhore72 in the pro800 class( please,dont dismiss him). He runs a custom Rugland chassis/power and has been racing over 13 years.and he'll have ya "wacked"
I dont know about out west but here its it AINT about looks here its about getting together and running your buddy. if the manufacurers get involved w./ promoting this sport then I would say ok but till then its old iron for this rider.
Hell, I would love to kick a XP's ass w/ a old TXL chassis lol
Oh yea EWA Banquet is tomorrow at the Bourbon St Bar and Grill stop over at WWW.SLEDFREAK.COM and check out the fun I gotta give away the Capt Nemo Awared to the next deserrving recipient. Humm??? whos getting it this year
Rot
READY-SET-SNOW! 2 many sleds not enough time!
ROTALARIS

600 mod/ 800 stock rule

Postby DM16 » October 25th, 2008, 6:16 am

Well if you don't like our rules it is simple. You have two options. First one is buy a IWA memebership, run for a board memeber postion come to our meeting voice your concern and make a motion to change the rule. We are a driver run Race circuit. The second option is, well I think you can figure that one out.
DM16

600 mod/ 800 stock rule

Postby JR-442 » October 25th, 2008, 9:46 am

Well the good news is those sled will qualify for Grantsburgs vintage class in a couple of years.:@
JR-442

600 mod/ 800 stock rule

Postby mach2005 » October 25th, 2008, 9:50 am

[quote=DM16]Well if you don't like our rules it is simple. You have two options. First one is buy a IWA memebership, run for a board memeber postion come to our meeting voice your concern and make a motion to change the rule. We are a driver run Race circuit. The second option is, well I think you can figure that one out.[/quote]
yeah your right. i will opt for # 2. i am out.
mach2005

600 mod/ 800 stock rule

Postby Akbar » October 25th, 2008, 3:18 pm

our rules are pretty much the same as last year as it pertains to the 5 year pro rule and 10 year semi pro rule with regards to the plastic on the sleds so I don't know what all the gripe is about, as a member I support the IWA rules a 110 percent. Everyone is entitled to their opinions but lets not make this personnel, bottom line is with all these posts it just shows how passionate everyone is about water X racing and like every sport you are not going to make everyone happy no matter what is done.
Fatz or Big Sam #178
Akbar

PreviousNext

Return to Watercross