Subscribe Today

2002 viper owners only

The general snowmobiling discussion. Discuss snowmobile tech, ask about trail conditions, talk about snowmobiling issues, whatever. Just keep it clean!

2002 viper owners only

Postby yamaha guy » April 5th, 2002, 9:56 am

Yamaha Guy not to happy they say they know whats wrong A wire grounding out HA! I tried to trade it off Cant afford it.Will probably have to buy the heat exchanger with my own money and see if it helps I love my viper just wish they would fix it so I could trust it again right now I might as well face it my season is over and it wont be till next year that I find out if it is fixed or not. I have gotten the impression that some of the people who read this stuff work for the manufactures has any one else felt that way
yamaha guy

2002 viper owners only

Postby ViperMan02 » April 6th, 2002, 7:11 am

"yamaha guy"I drove in to paradise on very bad trals.It was 43 deg out and never went over 30 M.P.H.for about 40 min most of the time under 15 M.P.H.The snow was all but gone in paradise and never over heated.When we can we drive hard.
ViperMan02

2002 viper owners only

Postby ViperMan02 » April 6th, 2002, 7:12 am

"yamaha guy"I drove in to paradise on very bad trals.It was 43 deg out and never went over 30 M.P.H.for about 40 min most of the time under 15 M.P.H.The snow was all but gone in paradise and never over heated.When we can we drive hard.
ViperMan02

2002 viper owners only

Postby tcat2 » April 6th, 2002, 8:05 am

Be careful with that overheating problem. I think the rear heat exchanger is a fix ... but will not solve the underlying problem. One of the guys I ride with bought a viper .... and it always seemed to run a little hot.
We swapped sleds for about an hour one afternoon. Barely 15 minutes after switching back, the middle cylinder melted down on him. It had 285 miles on it. Thank God I was not riding it when it siezed.
The dealer fixed it, put on the rear heat exchanger, and he still overheats from time to time. Much more often than the TCat. There has got to be something more that needs to be addressed to fix this thing.
One final note ... , the Viper is for sale, partially because of the sled, partially because of the dealer, he just ordered an F-7.
Long Live the Tripples !!!!
tcat2

Previous

Return to SnowmobileNews Forum