Subscribe Today

Possible Future Solutions...

The general snowmobiling discussion. Discuss snowmobile tech, ask about trail conditions, talk about snowmobiling issues, whatever. Just keep it clean!

Postby snogoer7c » April 5th, 2002, 11:11 am

as we all know, snowmobiling and drinking don't mix. there are alot of bars on the trails, making it easy for anybody to kick a few back during a break. 1 beer, might not seem to be alot for some, but thats all that should be drank, if any. i think it would be great if somehow, the bars would take the keys to your sled, at the door, have them all organized, and when a sledder would like to get their key back, they must first pass a test like the police give to drunken drivers, and possibly a breathalizer. if people had a little too much to drink, a shuttle service maybe would work, have a big van or suburban, 4 place trailer or something, and ever half hour or hour they could pick up/ drop off. its my 2 cents, let me know what you think. thanks
when hell freezes over, i'll snowmobile there too.
snogoer7c

Postby ZRT800 » April 5th, 2002, 2:31 pm

Don't know if it would work, but I know that some bars have coin operated breathalizers. Office parties sometimes hire a cop or someone else to operate a breathalizer. So it's not far fetched. Just don't know how some people would react to handing over their $10000- sled because they had a few beers, maybe you would need a cop there to handle the situation.

But it's definitely a great idea!
Who said Cats can't swim?!?
ZRT800

Postby Michiganstopcat » April 5th, 2002, 9:32 pm

I think your idea is the most ridiculous thing ive ever read on this web sight including some of my own posts!!!You will never put a stop to drinking and riding its a fact of life,If i want to go riding and have a few beers im going to have at it and so will many thousands like me.Remember here people id be willing to bet theres more ridiers that drink and ride then that dont.Most riders will do it responsibly while others will take it to the extreme.Theres to mant laws and regulations as it is we surley dont need more.Its high time people just excepted the fact that people are going to die while snowmobiling its the reality of the sport and nothing will change it short of no snowmobiling.
Michiganstopcat

Postby snogoer7c » April 6th, 2002, 4:50 am

i am defenatly NOT saying stop drinking, im just trying to get the non-responsible snowmobilers. i wouldnt care if they were the only ones that could possibly get hurt or killed, but i use the same trails that drunken sledders use. i dont wanna be out on a nice saturday ride only to come around a corner and have some dum bass drunk driving way to fast and nail me. thats not my idea of fun. i also have family on the trails. i have friends on the trails. i dont want them getting hurt or killed. think about all the negitive press snowmobiler's get when one drunk dies, killing themself. thats just 1 dumb person. its worse when innocent people get killed because of that danm snowmobiler who thought they could handle that much alchohol along with their super fast sled.
when hell freezes over, i'll snowmobile there too.
snogoer7c

Return to SnowmobileNews Forum