Subscribe Today

Question for Fueliesrock

The general snowmobiling discussion. Discuss snowmobile tech, ask about trail conditions, talk about snowmobiling issues, whatever. Just keep it clean!

Question for Fueliesrock

Postby ruffryder » April 7th, 2002, 11:44 pm

Hello,
After searching throught this site I came upon a post saying you put a 1.4 paddle track on your 500. I would appreciate if you could give me some info about the track, and also how it worked with your 500. I am thinking about putting that on my 97580. I appreciate any help you may offer. Thanks,
Later
ruffryder

Question for Fueliesrock

Postby FueliesRock » April 11th, 2002, 3:11 am

You should put the track on your sled, it was awesome, it makes a difference like night and day. It isn't too hard to change, you have to get some kind of a bar to get the springs off of the triangle blocks to get the bolts to line back up to put the skid frame back in. I put an orange white spring in my drive clutch becasue it needed a little more snort off the line, hard to say if you will have to do that or not. you have to take appart the chain case, and the speedo drive side, its simple. I just got a track from Cat. hope this helps
FueliesRock

Question for Fueliesrock

Postby FueliesRock » April 11th, 2002, 3:11 am

You should put the track on your sled, it was awesome, it makes a difference like night and day. It isn't too hard to change, you have to get some kind of a bar to get the springs off of the triangle blocks to get the bolts to line back up to put the skid frame back in. I put an orange white spring in my drive clutch becasue it needed a little more snort off the line, hard to say if you will have to do that or not. you have to take appart the chain case, and the speedo drive side, its simple. I just got a track from Cat. hope this helps
FueliesRock

Question for Fueliesrock

Postby ruffryder » April 11th, 2002, 3:39 am

Fueliesrock,
Thanks for the reply and the help.
I have taken the skid out numerous times, and also the driveshaft, so everything should be pretty easy.
I got a couple of questions about set up. Did you lower your skid anymore aka use the lower mounting holes? I am not sure if yours even has these. How is your top end? About what speed?
Did you gear down at all or just the the clutch mods? I have a goodwin clutch kit so I think I will be ok in the clutch department.
Thanks for responding.
ruffryder
ruffryder

Question for Fueliesrock

Postby FueliesRock » April 19th, 2002, 2:55 am

The only thing I changed was that spring in my clutch, with that clutch kit you should be okay. I was going to mount my skid frame in the lower holes, but I was affraid that it would make the tunnel weaker, so I never did. I don't know about the top end at all, I have never rode it faster than 95 about, and I could still go that fast.
FueliesRock

Question for Fueliesrock

Postby ruffryder » April 19th, 2002, 12:04 pm

Fueliesrock,

Thanks very much for helping me out. I have posted questions about this track on other web sites and you are the only person that responded that actually had the track. I have now made my decision with your help and will try out the track. I can't wait to see how it does in the deep stuff. Thanks again and have a great day.
ruffryder
ruffryder

Return to SnowmobileNews Forum