Subscribe Today

Trail Grabber Studs

The general snowmobiling discussion. Discuss snowmobile tech, ask about trail conditions, talk about snowmobiling issues, whatever. Just keep it clean!

Trail Grabber Studs

Postby IndyRed » September 12th, 2002, 5:52 am

Has anyone used these? They are different from the typical stud. I have no idea what type to use or how many and would appreciate some opinions. I am a female rider on a Polaris 600 XCSP. Thanks.
IndyRed

Trail Grabber Studs

Postby DaYoopers » September 12th, 2002, 11:33 am

A riding buddy has them in his track. He has a mxz 583. There are about 150 in his track, they were used all last season, never lost any.
Carbide chips in the screws are holding up really well.
DaYoopers

Trail Grabber Studs

Postby ZRT800 » September 12th, 2002, 11:37 am

Check out http://www.bergstromskegs.com/

They don't replace studs. They assist regular studs. If you want to replace regular studs look at Track Lug Studs. The Trail Grabber website (link above) has a ton of info, it's a great site!
Who said Cats can't swim?!?
ZRT800

Trail Grabber Studs

Postby jak53 » September 15th, 2002, 6:19 am

I used bergstroms track lugs the last 2 seasons and have had good results. Their not gonna hook up like push throughs but for trail riding they work great. I lost only 8-10 in 2 seasons. Had 240 installed.
jak53

Trail Grabber Studs

Postby NerveDamage659 » September 24th, 2002, 10:15 am

I've never used those track screws before but why half ass it when it comes to traction? I say either do it right or don't do it at all. But hey that's just me everyone has their own deal. I've been using Saber outlaws for just over six months now and I love the added hook up they offer. But if you just want the screw in deal that's fine too. If you want you can check out Saber at www.sabertraction.com

Have fun and be safe.
Drive fast, take chances.......
NerveDamage659

Trail Grabber Studs

Postby MX-ZAHOLIC » September 24th, 2002, 2:40 pm

I don't know Indy, I put a post up a month or so ago wondering the same thing. Most others that have used them seem to like them. I've got 192 regular studs, and I think I just might try 'em this year.
[b][purple]SNOW'S ALL GONE, TIME TO GO FISHIN'![/b][/purple]

[b][blue]WEATHER IN FORT FRANCES[/b][/blue]
[img]http://www.theweathernetwork.com/inter/weathercentre/weatherbutton/images/can/KINL.gif[/img]
MX-ZAHOLIC

Return to SnowmobileNews Forum