Subscribe Today

Stainless Studs Strong Enough?

The general snowmobiling discussion. Discuss snowmobile tech, ask about trail conditions, talk about snowmobiling issues, whatever. Just keep it clean!

Postby Spartan » November 7th, 2002, 11:18 pm

Are stainless steel studs strong enough, based your previous experience? I have a 1.25 inch track. The Woody's rep at the novi snow show last weekend indicated that the stainless steel studs are fine. However, a couple of the speed shops there indicated that stainless steel studs that long (for a 1.25 track) would probably bend. What are your thoughts and experiences. Thanks.

Any update on the REV tunnel protector kit?
Spartan

Postby Luv2sled » November 7th, 2002, 11:25 pm

Unless your drag racing, I'd go with the stainless studs......under normal riding conditions they won't bend.
Life is like a crap sandwich, the more bread you have the less crap you have to eat.
Luv2sled

Postby R_TICAT » November 8th, 2002, 10:11 am

Stainless is normally stronger than regular steel. I'm not sure what alloy they make studs out of.
As far as bending them goes, I've bent plenty of 1" studs (steel) on my previous 600cc Cats so...
R_TICAT
R_TICAT

Postby BLADEGUY » November 8th, 2002, 11:14 am

I have stainless steel studs on the Blade (Fast Track) 1.25" long track. I ran 2 per bar, which ends up being the equivelant of 110. Bent only a couple. The way I ride that's pretty good! I was in some crappy conditions last year.
I want to ride every day, all day, as fast as I can.
BLADEGUY

Return to SnowmobileNews Forum