Subscribe Today

2000 MXZ 700 suspension ?

The general snowmobiling discussion. Discuss snowmobile tech, ask about trail conditions, talk about snowmobiling issues, whatever. Just keep it clean!

Postby icangetit » December 3rd, 2002, 11:36 am

I ahve a mxz700 and wondering what I can do to upgrade the rear suspension...possible get more travel out of it for the trails as well as the big jumps....Also the front suspension..
icangetit

Postby binskiman » December 3rd, 2002, 7:10 pm

you shouldnt need any more did you try stiffning all shocks? if so and thats not enough buy mxzx shocks from your dealer this should work ( c 46 for the rear piggyback resevoir for the front)
BiNsKiMaN
binskiman

Postby BC3 » December 3rd, 2002, 10:53 pm

I have a few suggestions for you. I was in the same situation and thought the suspension needed help...big time. It took me some time to figure out, but now I think it's as good as the design limitations allow it to be. I'm pretty happy with it.

I installed the 440X springs (w/gold stripe). The springs off the consumer "X" models are NOT the same..they all utilize the same smaller diameter rods and are not as good. Rebuild and valve shocks to your weight and "x" specs. Stiffer springs will cause the stock valving to rebound quicker. I tried without revalving and had them redone/updated for the next trip.

**By far the most notable improvement (even above the springs), was a pair of bushings available from Skidoo(race sled) that slip over the spring shaft. Basically it centers the spring and helps it rotate more evenly. The springs can then work with better leverage and "accuracy".
When you pull your old springs off..look at the shaft for wear and you'll see what I mean.

Lastly...2000 had early releases..don't know if yours is coupled..but if not, the Boivin kit helps too. Good luck!

*This Message was edited on 04-Dec-02 04:01 AM by bc3*
BC3

Postby BC3 » December 4th, 2002, 10:11 pm

.....did you decide to do anything?
BC3

Return to SnowmobileNews Forum