Subscribe Today

Goggles

The general snowmobiling discussion. Discuss snowmobile tech, ask about trail conditions, talk about snowmobiling issues, whatever. Just keep it clean!

Goggles

Postby zl5 » January 12th, 2003, 2:14 pm

Looking to by some new goggles. What kind of goggles do you use, and what is the best tint of lens to use.
zl5

Goggles

Postby FreezurBurnt » January 12th, 2003, 2:42 pm

I never had a SnoX helmet before

I bought a SnoX this past July

And would like to have the same info as zl5

Can you use ski goggles????
[b]ride Chelmsford,Northern Ont. area[/b]

[img]http://www.s-seriesforum.com/forum/images/smilies/bowdown.gif[/img][img]https://www.snowgoer.com/SharedContent/cfb/memberphotos/3793/rig/my%20truck%20driver%20side%20neg.jpg[/img]
[green][b][i]01 ZR 600 early release[/b][/i][/green]
FreezurBurnt

Goggles

Postby zr500 » January 12th, 2003, 9:02 pm

I use Scott Turbo Flows, I think many brands come with interchangeable lenses for varying light conditions, can probably slip them in a hat bag,etc. when you ride. I just use clear, my helmet has the visor to help shield the light.
zr500

Goggles

Postby mnsnowboy » January 13th, 2003, 12:59 am

Hey guys: Well I recently made the transition to a SnoX style helmet and the goggles I have are the Smith Cariboo Airflows. They are just sweet and are nice and wide so that you can get a nice view, and they are also excellent for sealing up around your helmet opening. I also wear glasses and instead of wearing contacts I have prescription lens inserts for these goggles. I got them from a company called Pro-Vue. Their website is www.pro-vue.com if that interests you also.

-sb
Kick ass!

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v410/mnsnowboy/rocking.gif[/IMG] [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v410/mnsnowboy/hellyeahFireIcon.gif[/IMG][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v410/mnsnowboy/bobZilla.gif height=90 width=20[/img]
mnsnowboy

Goggles

Postby Veedo » January 13th, 2003, 2:31 am

i have a set of thor (same as scott 89x i think) and a set of smith snow warp airflows, with the extra nose guard. the thors with a clear lens sucked cuz they didnt cover enough of your face and they fogged alot. the smiths fit nice and are comfortable, but still fog when you start to sweat. i have a yellow lens that works awesome on a more cloudy day, i think you can really see better, and i have a dark tinted lens called sol-x that i swap out. the sol-x works good in the sun, but probobly a little to dark for a night ride, so you have to make sure to bring a lighter lens with you.
Veedo

Goggles

Postby cementhead » January 13th, 2003, 3:37 am

por vue prescription goggles with the snap on lenses, that way you can change the color when you need to. But I am finding the blue works very well.

Cementhead
Shut up and Race!!!
cementhead

Goggles

Postby 19VMAX96 » January 13th, 2003, 7:15 am

I got the Oakley O Frames and a HJC CL-X4 I only had a little fog up but I was riding before my breathe defflector came in. When i was fogging up I was pulling my snowmobile out of a 24" 4x4 rut. I like the helmet and the goggles best decision I had this season so far.
[blue] WANTED: 1996 Yamaha V Max 600 XT Hood [/blue]
19VMAX96

Goggles

Postby zr6wannabe » January 13th, 2003, 8:21 am

I have the KBC-SNX snocross/full face (interchangeable) helmet, and I've got a pair of Smith Warp goggles. They seem to work out great with the amber lens; amber seems to offer decent contrast in flat light conditions as well as clear vision at night. I think it's also an appropriate amount of tint for the sunny days. Also, I like that the Warps have the extended sides to them to make sure the goggles fit to your head tightley when on a helmet, they're helmet specific I believe. The only flaw, is that because of how the straps attach you aren't able to use Quick Straps if you want 'em.
zr6wannabe

Goggles

Postby zl5 » January 14th, 2003, 8:47 am

Just tring to keep my post alive.
zl5

Goggles

Postby Ski-don't F111 » January 24th, 2003, 10:29 pm

I wear an HJC CLX sn snowX helmet with Scott turbo flows with an amber lense, they work fine. I tried a blue lense and it sucked day or nite.
:R
Ski-don't F111

Next

Return to SnowmobileNews Forum