Subscribe Today

D.N.R. complaints

The general snowmobiling discussion. Discuss snowmobile tech, ask about trail conditions, talk about snowmobiling issues, whatever. Just keep it clean!

D.N.R. complaints

Postby binskiman » January 19th, 2003, 5:48 pm

im sure there will be alot of them , in houghton lake during tip up town , there was open water where people have lost their lives , instead of putting up lighted barrels or barracades or even taking part in the mapping out of the bad areas , the d.n.r. did nothing but hand out tickets for people without trail permits who were riding on the lake the d.n.r. say that this is the law to have these on the lake . ok thats fine ,but then they should use some of that money to help out with patroling open water or mapping out the bad spots rather than hasseling the tourists who come up north . i could go on and on ...
BiNsKiMaN
binskiman

D.N.R. complaints

Postby reds » January 19th, 2003, 10:27 pm

Hmmmm,

I thought I read that you do not need a trail permit on a lake to go to and from your fishing location but it has to be registered.

Darn, I forgot my fishing pole......where did I park at again? POver here...nope, over there....nope.....Darn Guess I gotta keep lookin' :)

Ron
Safe Travels
Ron & Jaci

2001 Dodge RAM Sport 5.2L/3.55/ ARE Topper/Bedrug liner
2001 Layton 2950
reds

D.N.R. complaints

Postby indysp440 » January 19th, 2003, 11:53 pm

heres the mi law Snowmobiles are exempt from the Trail Permit Sticker if they are:

Operated exclusively on lands owned or under the control of the owner, used entirely in a safety education program conducted by a certified snowmobile safety instructor, exclusively operated in a special event of limited duration which is conducted according to a prearranged schedule under a permit from the governmental unit having proper jurisdiction or a snowmobile used solely for transportation on the frozen surface of public waters for the purpose of ice fishing.

[img]http://www.danasoft.com/vipersig.jpg[/img]
indysp440

D.N.R. complaints

Postby Maxx4 » January 20th, 2003, 2:19 am

Yes the DNR will trash tip up town. A rider in our group got a ticket for no trail permit. To top it off he was being an ass hole about it. They all but killed the lake racing up there so more and more people are not making the trip up for it anymore. If tip up town withers away the HT Lake comunity can thank the DNR for killing it. We had a cabin on that lake for 20 years and its worse every year. Too bad it used to be a great festival........
http://66.66.95.123/Stanton2002/imagepages/image1.htm
Maxx4

D.N.R. complaints

Postby 89Indy500_sp » January 20th, 2003, 2:24 am

DNR was handing out SPEEDING ?!?! tickits on the lake too, i know a guy that got one.

did any one jump the jump on the island?
My 2003 REV 800 Sport... my baby
[img]http://www.dootalk.net/gallery/albums/album762/snonews.thumb.jpg[/img]
700 miles this season!
89Indy500_sp

D.N.R. complaints

Postby binskiman » January 20th, 2003, 1:15 pm

i asked the officers if if they lived here and they said no why , i said because you dont even no what your doing to this town every time you pull someone over for a stupid barney fife violation they wont come back to tip up town or even to ride in this area again . his anwser was i dont care about that ,and then started being a real ass about everything ,then i asked him why is he taking my trail permit money and not using it to patrol the open water , he said its not his job i could only laugh at how friggen ignorant he was they need to go thru a common sense class
BiNsKiMaN
binskiman

D.N.R. complaints

Postby Woodsy » January 20th, 2003, 4:39 pm

Now let me take a minute and explain to all what is going on. Some of the Michigan DNR Conservation Officers are participating in the "unethical" practice of issueing these petty tickets for a reason you folks havent even considered.
Did you know that riding without a trail permit is a misdemeanor under current law? Did you know that if you have a misdemeanor on your record you cannot get a Concealed Weapons Permit in this great state of ours? If you were a Conservation Officer and you didn't agree with the new law allowing people to carry handguns and you had the POWER to do something about it what would you do?
I just read an article in the Practical Sportsmen written by an Attorney who has PROOF that this is happening!
The attorney that wrote the article explained that most people will just pay these petty tickets and not even bother questioning their legimacy - and the Co's depend on this to "put a dent in the flood of new gun carriers"! SICK BUT TRUE!
I have said it a thousand times and will say it again - if you see that green truck in the area GO THE OTHER WAY! What's inside is not your friend!!!!
Oh, by the way, Jennifer Granholm is NOT on our side in this! We the people made a BIG mistake voting her in - she wants to give them (the DNR) MORE power, yikesssssssssssssssssssssss..
Ride anyway!
Woodsy
I gotta go down to the Sled shop and buy another can of smoke for my CDI Box. All mine leaked out!
Woodsy

D.N.R. complaints

Postby MACH MAN » January 21st, 2003, 5:44 am

The dnr can kiss my ass!They have to catch me first and by the looks of the sleds they ride it will never happen.
Bob
MACH MAN

D.N.R. complaints

Postby Luv2sled » January 21st, 2003, 7:27 am

Mach Man......I guess you have never ridden in Northern WI......they ride fast sleds up there.
Life is like a crap sandwich, the more bread you have the less crap you have to eat.
Luv2sled

D.N.R. complaints

Postby binskiman » January 21st, 2003, 11:30 am

in houghton lake they are driving two up polaris 500 not what i call hard to outrun
BiNsKiMaN
binskiman

Next

Return to SnowmobileNews Forum