Subscribe Today

SDI or no SDI

The general snowmobiling discussion. Discuss snowmobile tech, ask about trail conditions, talk about snowmobiling issues, whatever. Just keep it clean!

SDI or no SDI

Postby Tantrum » March 10th, 2003, 8:14 am

Im considering picking up a REV600. What is the deal with the SDI? Is there any performance gains or is it efficientcy that you gain? Is it worth going to the SDI or should I get the base 600HO?
Tantrum

SDI or no SDI

Postby Cat kid » March 10th, 2003, 8:21 am

No loss in snort, and a gain in efficientcy. Plus it's clean:) I would definatly go with SDI. There is no reason not too, and you'll have to switch sooner or later. If I didn't bleed green, I'd get one!
[green]Long live the T-Train!!!!![/green]
[green]He is gone, but not forgotten[/green]

[red]Just think, somewhere out there, it's snowing right now!!!!![/red]

[blue] I may not be a member, but I am still a proud FFA[blue]
Cat kid

SDI or no SDI

Postby 800revX » March 10th, 2003, 10:00 am

the brocher at my dealer said the sdi also had a 10% power increase over the 03 600ho thats hard to believe!!130 horse 600 thats clean and efficient all take two !!!!!!!

ski-doo web site say there the same??????

i read the thing myself??? 130? i dont believe it,do you?
need 2 new ones every year they cant take the abuse....
!!!!!!SNOWMOBILING IS EVERYTHING!!
800revX

SDI or no SDI

Postby revmaniac » March 10th, 2003, 1:31 pm

If you look at the asterik, it says over the regular output engine, kinda misleading the way they have worded it.
revmaniac

SDI or no SDI

Postby Tantrum » March 10th, 2003, 11:35 pm

Im reading the same thing and was a little scepticle myself.
These are the things Ive heard in the last day from dealers and owners. The SDI creates the same power but is much more efficient (claims 25% better gas milage). Well thats a lot of fuel to make up for the $1000.00 option, additional power however is priceless ;-)
How do you guy's think this will effect aftermarket performance upgrades. I know when the Harley's came out with fuel injection the aftermarket (exhaust and engine mods) took quite a while to come out. These machines will also be riden at near sea level so I wouldnt get the same benifits as someone out west might. What do you think?
Tantrum

SDI or no SDI

Postby NHSledATVrider » March 11th, 2003, 8:03 am

SDI. If the 600dyno is anything like the 800dyno it looks like the SDI will be much better punch at trail speeds.
NHSledATVrider

Return to SnowmobileNews Forum