Subscribe Today

is polaris going under??

The general snowmobiling discussion. Discuss snowmobile tech, ask about trail conditions, talk about snowmobiling issues, whatever. Just keep it clean!

is polaris going under??

Postby snow cat » March 10th, 2003, 1:16 pm

does any body know about this
XCR6
snow cat

is polaris going under??

Postby MxZ MoonZ » March 10th, 2003, 1:23 pm

HAHAHAHA

Sorry, it's over, its over now move over, its DOOs turn, moove over...polaris shut down!

Sorry...Just kidd'n anyways...Polaris needs to stay above the water! Arctic Cat, Yamaha and Doo need polaris as a competitor...It's good for their business. And Plus polaris isn't a bad brand of snowmobile...
[yellow]The one[/yellow]...The only: [yellow]moonZ[/yellow]

[b]Eat. Sleep. Ridin' Ski-Doo.[/b]

Ski-Doo: Put something exciting between your legs.
MxZ MoonZ

is polaris going under??

Postby SLEDHEADRED » March 10th, 2003, 9:40 pm

Cat, and Moonz, wake up, they have been #1 forever, now there #2 for awhile, wow, talking about jumping on a band wagon!!
JOIN A CLUB
[url=http://WWW.DRIFTSKIPPERS.COM]The Driftskippers[/url]
SLEDHEADRED

is polaris going under??

Postby 800revX » March 10th, 2003, 9:54 pm

thats one SPUNKY chick....

she sounds like shes ready to ride again!?
need 2 new ones every year they cant take the abuse....
!!!!!!SNOWMOBILING IS EVERYTHING!!
800revX

is polaris going under??

Postby mnsnowboy » March 11th, 2003, 12:49 am

Polaris sells a higher total of recreational vehicles than any other manufacturer. Even if their sled sales were to slip a little, there is no way that this company will ever go down. I mean get serious.

-sb
Kick ass!

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v410/mnsnowboy/rocking.gif[/IMG] [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v410/mnsnowboy/hellyeahFireIcon.gif[/IMG][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v410/mnsnowboy/bobZilla.gif height=90 width=20[/img]
mnsnowboy

is polaris going under??

Postby kenlacy » March 11th, 2003, 12:51 am

Sledhead - that #2 was just a bunch of bs being spewed - nothing has changed, they are still #1.
Recently I was asked to play in a golf tournament.

At first I said, "Naw, I haven't been playing that well."

Then they said to me, "Come on, it's for handicapped and blind kids."

Then I thought...

Chit, I could win this!
kenlacy

is polaris going under??

Postby Pantera » March 11th, 2003, 4:27 am

SHR: Correction for you, Polaris has not been #1 forever, they played 2nd to Cat during most of the '70's. It wasn't until the bottom fell out of the industry and Cat filed bankruptcy in 1981 while Polaris was able to hold on since they were only a small part of a larger organization, TEXTRON which was able to keep them going. It's amazing how people have no idea about the history of the snowmobile industry and make incorrect statements like that.
Pantera
Snowmobile the America that others pass by....
Pantera

is polaris going under??

Postby Tantrum » March 11th, 2003, 5:10 am

Pantera
Unlike myself and, Im taking an educated geuss here, yourself I would bet alot of these people werent born in the seventies let alone have interest in snowmobiles. I agree with you that some posts are ignorant but most are uneducated to "back in the day". Thats what makes a good discussion board. We have guy's like yourself that remeber what it was. Thanks for the knoledge.
Tantrum

is polaris going under??

Postby Tantrum » March 11th, 2003, 5:31 am

There's a little more to the story than just snowmobiles. Companies like these do not go bankrupt they get bought. Polaris Industries doesnt look like a canadate for either;

Polaris Industries Inc. designs, engineers and manufactures all terrain vehicles (ATVs), snowmobiles, motorcycles and personal watercraft (PWC) and markets them, together with related replacement parts, garments and accessories (PG&A), through dealers and distributors principally located in the United States, Canada and Europe. ATVs are four-wheel vehicles with balloon style tires designed for off-road use and traversing rough terrain, swamps and marshland. In the early 1950s, a predecessor to the Company produced a gas-powered sled that became the forerunner of the Polaris snowmobile. Snowmobiles have been manufactured under the Polaris name since 1954. The Company entered the worldwide motorcycle market in 1998, with an initial entry product in the cruiser segment. PWC are sit-down versions of water scooter vehicles, and designed for use on lakes, rivers, oceans and bays.
Finacial Summary;
Polaris Industries Inc. engineers, markets, and manufactures snowmobiles, personal watercraft, all-terrain vehicles, motorcycles and related parts, garments and accessories. For the fiscal year ended 12/02, net sales rose 2% to $1.52 billion. Net income rose 13% to $103.6 million. Results reflect higher sales of all-terrain vehicles, victory motorcycles and personal watercraft, improved gross margins, and lower interest cost.
Recent Earnings Announcement
For the 3 months ended 12/31/2002, revenues were 431,519; after tax earnings were 35,045. (Preliminary; reported in thousands of dollars.)

Executives/Salaries

Gregory Palen, 46 Chairman, Undisclosed
Thomas Tiller, 40 Pres, CEO, Director, $3.7m
Michael Malone, 43 CFO, VP-Fin., Sec., $417k
Jeffrey Bjorkman, 42 VP-Operations, $532k
Thomas Ruschhaupt, 52 VP of Sales and Services, Undisclosed
Tantrum

is polaris going under??

Postby donner » March 19th, 2003, 2:34 am

You need to update your numbers.....
donner

Next