Subscribe Today

Going to get the REV's

The general snowmobiling discussion. Discuss snowmobile tech, ask about trail conditions, talk about snowmobiling issues, whatever. Just keep it clean!

Going to get the REV's

Postby Tantrum » March 14th, 2003, 4:37 am

Going tomorrow to order 2 600HO SDI sleds for myself and my girlfriend. We ride mostly groomed trails in the Northeast.
Ordering w/
Electric Start
1.25 track
Mirrors
Dealer is saying the hook-up on this track is awsome and may not need to be studded. Either way he said wait until about 500mls to let the track stretch. What do you guy's think? Am I gonna need studs for the occasional lake or iced over trail?
Tantrum

Going to get the REV's

Postby RotaxGuy » March 14th, 2003, 5:17 am

Yep, you'll need studs. Since I'm such a nice guy I'll trade you even up my studded 02 600 MXZ for one of your non-studded REV's. Save you a little work and I won't even charge you anything extra.
RotaxGuy

Going to get the REV's

Postby Tantrum » March 14th, 2003, 7:08 am

Hmmmm....Ill have to run the numbers on that to see how that would work.
What kind of stud patterns are you running? Ive heard the REV's set up a little differently. Are you running a full 144?
Tantrum

Going to get the REV's

Postby IwannaREV » March 14th, 2003, 8:05 am

I thought you weren't suppose to stud the REV's. Guy back home studded his track and one of the pics came through and totally messed up the sled. Took it to the dealer and told him that your not supposed to stud the REV's. Anybody else hear this? Or is it just me???
IwannaREV

Going to get the REV's

Postby winter rules! » March 14th, 2003, 10:23 am

Hey there Tantrum,
I have a REV with 1.25" track on and have NO problems on icy or hardpacked trails whatsoever! The track hooks up well and granted there will be some slight spin on icy trails, driver input can cure that easily. There is a kit out to stud your REV, but I've seen it takes awhile to install. Save the money (and roadways) with buying studs, kit, backers etc. Plus the weight savings alone will be nice....Just my input.
Summer sux!! I hope it rains every friggin' day in summer!!
winter rules!

Going to get the REV's

Postby 3boogitys » March 14th, 2003, 4:10 pm

My son works on the Skidoo sleds at a local dealer and also says it dependes on rider input to tailor the Rev sled for stud setup. One, it does work well enough without studs he says and remembering that just any stud work is not exceptable. We went off line for a while to get the part number for those who require that kit. One and quarter inch track p/n 861 783 900 One inch track p/n 861 783 500. He tried locating the specifics for install but had to go to bed, work in morning you know. He said good luck on your choices and have a safe ride...
victor s. nelson
3boogitys

Going to get the REV's

Postby ZiRT » March 16th, 2003, 9:49 am

If you ride groomed trails, why would you get a Rev?! That's the whole point of it, to ride the rough stuff. That's what it was built for!
[red]http://www.nyssnowassoc.org[/red]
ZiRT

Going to get the REV's

Postby 2k2mxz6 » March 16th, 2003, 11:18 am

Awsome choice,I have a 1.25 track non studed and rode 2040 miles this year and would of like to have studs maybe 3 rides,if you want to stud it I would go with 96 up the middle and with the non beavertail chassis I think you can stud with no problems thats probably why Doo done away with those.Good Luck.P.S you will probably embarass alot of bigger sled with this set up,as lons as they don't have a deep lug track.
2k2mxz6

Return to SnowmobileNews Forum