Subscribe Today

What do you snowmobilers do for fun in the summer?

The general snowmobiling discussion. Discuss snowmobile tech, ask about trail conditions, talk about snowmobiling issues, whatever. Just keep it clean!

Postby harry_29_57 » May 23rd, 2003, 1:18 pm

i have a question for you to ponder and any advice would be appreciated. ourtown is running a series of grass drags this summer and my son wants to run my sks. they have a division for long tracks , but i have never raced in the summer. any hints or tips to set the sled up would be an asset for me. to keep a teenager occupied in the summer is in my opinion great. it keeps them out of the s**t all parents hate. (which of we all did)
harry_29_57

Postby loaderman14 » May 26th, 2003, 6:01 am

save money to go snowmobiling in the winter.
loaderman14

Postby jefff1 » May 26th, 2003, 8:06 am

Count the days until I can sled again...sure is more fun than golf or anything else...
Tom Kat
jefff1

Postby Stephen73 » May 29th, 2003, 8:43 am

I race motocross.
www.mxstephen.150m.com
Stephen73

Postby WIVIPERMAN » June 9th, 2003, 5:34 am

I ride my atv also!I have a 92 250x HONDA!I ride with guys who have YAMAHA RAPTOR's!I like to go fishing & go to the cabin & do some work around there & remember all of the sleddin trips from there from the past season!Anything to make the time fly by til'the next riding season!
WIVIPERMAN
WIVIPERMAN

Postby thekrust » June 10th, 2003, 5:29 pm

I love to ride my raptor, the wife loves her warrior, we do lots of cruisin'. Drag racing my '94 MACH Z is my fave tho. turns 6.5sec 1/8th mile @107mph. I'm working on making it faster but that cuts into my BEER money!! By the way that racing is on asphalt. Anybody else try this yet?? It's a blast.
ps. don't test drive those leathers, pavement doesn't look very inviting at 100+ mph
Ride on!
thekrust

Postby IndyRed » June 11th, 2003, 1:57 am

Summer fun for me is watching my daughter compete on a 16U travel softball team. Most weekends beginning in late May and ending in August are spent traveling to tournaments. The goal is winning a bid to a national competition. Only a couple more summers of this and then its done, so I continue to just sit back relax and enjoy the game.
IndyRed

Postby SnowFever » June 19th, 2003, 1:11 am

Since i am a poor college student, I work for the summer in a s**t hole factory trying to save money to get me to the UP a couple times this winter. Also, trying to save for a new trailer. Know anyone who has a late model two place covered let me know. Also, i got a case of snowmobile sick so i went out and polished my tunnel and silencer cover on the MXZ, she looks quite pretty now.
Don't worry the trees don't hurt that bad.

Ride DOO!!!

[red]GO BUCKS!!!!![/red]
SnowFever

Postby FastFirecat » June 27th, 2003, 1:19 am

I mostly just race around in boats and atvs..We also race our "Worlds Fastest Lobster Boat" its 28 ft long with a 572" chevy big block w/ a blower..it puts out around 1200 horsepower and gets the boat going just about 60 mph..
03 KFX(little mods)
03 F7(heavily modded)
01 Snopro Open Mod
FastFirecat

Previous

Return to SnowmobileNews Forum