Subscribe Today

Whats the fastest youv'e been on a sled?

The general snowmobiling discussion. Discuss snowmobile tech, ask about trail conditions, talk about snowmobiling issues, whatever. Just keep it clean!

Postby ~REVOLVER~ » October 21st, 2003, 8:15 pm

me and my and my 2002 modified to the balls xcr 8 have buried the needle every time we went out we smoked zrt's easily machz's hell even t-cats were *****cats on radar at paint lake i showed 132 mph oh yeah respect speed piss on everyone who is slow
Always In It Always On It Always Want It
~REVOLVER~

Postby punker248 » November 7th, 2003, 9:37 am

Believe it those old sleds were faster than a lot of people think, My Uncle has a bunch and their quick. And I used to hit 115 on my '86 srv all the time and that's only a 540 fan cooled motor. what people don't realize is even though new sleds have more power they are also a lot heavier than old ones.

As far as top end.... hmm, I've pushed 140 on a '01 pantera
punker248

Postby catdaddy » November 7th, 2003, 9:43 am

Here we go again...... oh boy! Was the highback seat folded down for less wind resistance? Theres' no way in he11 youd' a done 140 with it up ya know?
catdaddy

Postby punker248 » November 7th, 2003, 9:49 am

You wanna go fast you've gotta try up on Drummand Island in Michigan. They've got a quary road that's about a hundred feet wide and miles long that they leave open only to sledders in the the winter. On that pantara well that close to 140 was a speedo reading so you've gotta acount for error. the 115 on my srv is gps though and it was only mildly tuned. I eventually burned it up running that quary road too many times though
punker248

Postby punker248 » November 7th, 2003, 9:55 am

Oh yeah and I forgot to mention i'm glad i burned up my SRV because now it's getting a 700 triple/triple out of a '97 sx700 dropped in, with an m10 rear. It should fly then. If I can hold on.
punker248

Postby trailkiller » November 8th, 2003, 6:06 am

been messing around with my old 97 zrt 600 and we were at 121 at one speed trial not so bad for a oldie ya some of these postes are alittle hard to believe.we have seen some fast ones out there at times though. any ways happy trails
trailkiller

Postby FREEZIN D » November 8th, 2003, 10:35 am

FREEZIN D

Postby RaceGrafixGuy » November 8th, 2003, 12:38 pm

This thread was almost believable....lol

Punker, I think you should get the award for most BS that has been posted here so far. How are you gonna get that motor and pipes to fit in that chassis? and why would you do it anyway? Very confused on the wasted money for an M-10 into that pile also. From what you have posted, I don't even think you have a sled because if you did you would see that what you are planning to do in bizzare at best to completely stupid at worst. I don't mean to bust on you personally, you probably are a good guy, but holy crap that sounds too stupid to be real.......

I have an 03 XCSP600, I weigh about 140 and ride with a guy who has an 01 XCSP800 and we ran side by side for over 3 miles on a road with 6" fresh snow and he couldn't get past me. I would guess about 105-110.
RaceGrafixGuy

Postby Rozzibandit » November 9th, 2003, 12:08 pm

Last winter i was riding on Oneida lake on my 01 MXZ 600. I installed a nitrous oxide system with a 55hp boost. So at about 95 MPH i hit the nitrous ripped past the radar, just as i passed it at 131.7 MPH my oh so precious motor spit a rod through the bottom of it where it then seized my motor, locked my track and i went airborne for about 60 yards till i hit the ice. Not fun it was fastest i have ever been, and will never put a nitrous system on another sled ever in my life. Morale of this story [Nitrous + Snowmobile + Me + Mr. Speed = Bad Idea
Rozzibandit

Postby Iceman9c » November 9th, 2003, 1:25 pm

The fastest I've ever went on a sled was 120 mph on a XCR triple, I was going so fast that when I stopped I didn't know where I was. (haha)
[i][red][b]2 fast 2 live, but 2 young 2 die[/b][/red][/i]
Iceman9c

PreviousNext

Return to SnowmobileNews Forum