Subscribe Today

MOGULS!!!!!

The general snowmobiling discussion. Discuss snowmobile tech, ask about trail conditions, talk about snowmobiling issues, whatever. Just keep it clean!

MOGULS!!!!!

Postby Yamanator » January 14th, 2004, 12:05 pm

You'd think that some of the businesses up there would contribute. It's incredible how much some of them can make on just one weekend. Places like flatrock are there just to take money, sadly the snowmobile fans are the ones that have to bear the burden.

I went up last thursday and became angrier and angrier as we pounded moguls for 70 miles and the groomers were just sitting there... Especially when many trails hadn't even seen a groomer. Yet the sites that I visited reported groomed trails (no doubt to boost business). I made myself calm down though because being a groomer is a thankless job. Instead I redirected my anger at some of the businesses up there... Figure some of them rock harder than any bar/grill in syracuse and do it all day long on the weekends and they don't have the overhead...
Max out or black out.
Yamanator

MOGULS!!!!!

Postby InfiniteLimits88 » January 14th, 2004, 2:05 pm

...i agree with u fully versatille, i ride the hill 24/7 its just plain rough..this saturday i put 202 miles on just riding around...and it sucked...there was groomers out but the trails were so riddin over they didnt do much..hopefully we get some more snow...lovin these crazy cold temperatures latly ...i usally ride out of parish, those trails suck in warm weather lol talk to u later man
InfiniteLimits88

MOGULS!!!!!

Postby BigJWalt » January 14th, 2004, 2:15 pm

I was wondering this all week. I was at Tug Hill on Saturday. Saturday morning was awesome and smooth, right after lunch was very rough, but a good change of pace. Man, my back was tight on Monday and Tuesday. I may try Old Forge some weekend, I have heard their trails are very smooth.
[green]If you don't invest very much, then defeat doesn't hurt very much and winning is not very exciting. [b]Dick Vermeil[/b] [/green]
BigJWalt

MOGULS!!!!!

Postby chase9119 » January 14th, 2004, 2:20 pm

Thing that sucks is everyone & their mother are trailering to these hot spots and its not just busy on the weekends. A freshly groomed trail needs time to set up/settle before seeing traffic. The problem is with-in 10 minutes of a trail being groomed it has already seen 100+ snowmobiles.
2003 MXZ-Rev 600H.O. Sport, 1997 XC 600, 2002 CBR600F4i, 2001 SV650S, 1997 Polaris SL Waverunner
chase9119

MOGULS!!!!!

Postby versatilleZ » January 14th, 2004, 3:54 pm

What does an M 10 $? I am about to rebuild my suspension, but I have heard so many good things about this skid I may just sell mine and get one! Has anyone heard about a machine (in Michigan I guess) that is called some sort of "snow paver"? I hear one pass and the trail is good to go for the rest of the season! Can it be?

Z
versatilleZ

Previous

Return to SnowmobileNews Forum