Subscribe Today

Silencer (Read This)!

The general snowmobiling discussion. Discuss snowmobile tech, ask about trail conditions, talk about snowmobiling issues, whatever. Just keep it clean!

Silencer (Read This)!

Postby InfiniteLimits88 » January 15th, 2004, 1:29 am

Hey, i no i already posted a thread about finding a silencer for my 97' V-max sx600 u guys were a huge help....but i was still wondering if u guys knew about any silencers being under $200..i no u get what u pay for..but im really tight on money right now...wife wants a new sled..ugh lol so any help would be great. Thanks
InfiniteLimits88

Silencer (Read This)!

Postby dave583 » January 15th, 2004, 1:41 am

Do you just want to be louder? Dont think youre going to see any performance from it. If youre tight on cash why bother?
dave583

Silencer (Read This)!

Postby Michiganstopcat » January 15th, 2004, 10:49 am

Even if you were not tight on cash and had more money then you knew what to do with there is no such thing as a good silencer.There the biggest waste of money in the after market industry.No power gains,more then likely a power loss,they do save some weight.The only thing they do and this is the reason 99 percent of people buy them is because they make your sled ''sound'' fast.Most will tell you they run them for weight saving but their lieing to you.Save your money up and buy a set of pipes for your sled not only will you gain power and performance youll also sound the part.
Michiganstopcat

Silencer (Read This)!

Postby catdaddy » January 15th, 2004, 12:41 pm

You don't get sound change by switching pipes. Its all in the final exhaust or "can" if you will. By switching pipes from O.E.M. to aftermarket yet running the same stock can will hardly change the exhaust note. There are no baffles or restrictions in pipes-factory or aftermarket. Its all in the can for the braaap.
catdaddy

Silencer (Read This)!

Postby InfiniteLimits88 » January 15th, 2004, 2:30 pm

Yeah, i agree but im in it for the sound...my buddies gotta sxr600 its got a better sound to it due to a silencer(can).
InfiniteLimits88

Silencer (Read This)!

Postby Bender » January 15th, 2004, 2:59 pm

save even more money and go with a set of PSI pipes, 18 more horse out of some pipes!! thats impressive

but itll cost ya bout 500-700 bucks
[b]ARCTIC CAT[/b] .RIDE THE BEST!!!
Bender

Silencer (Read This)!

Postby FreezurBurnt » January 16th, 2004, 2:25 am

Well there you go

You have a single pipe twin

Your buddy has a single pipe triple

The triple even stock sound awesome and their is NO way your are going to get the triple sound with a twin

[b]Don't waste your $$$$ on a silencer[/b]

Get a clutch kit or use one of Turksters clutch set ups,I think he has opne for the 97-99 600 Twin Yammy
[b]ride Chelmsford,Northern Ont. area[/b]

[img]http://www.s-seriesforum.com/forum/images/smilies/bowdown.gif[/img][img]https://www.snowgoer.com/SharedContent/cfb/memberphotos/3793/rig/my%20truck%20driver%20side%20neg.jpg[/img]
[green][b][i]01 ZR 600 early release[/b][/i][/green]
FreezurBurnt

Return to SnowmobileNews Forum