Subscribe Today

Vermont

The general snowmobiling discussion. Discuss snowmobile tech, ask about trail conditions, talk about snowmobiling issues, whatever. Just keep it clean!

Vermont

Postby XCSPchick » January 21st, 2004, 3:53 pm

Hey has anyone been to Vermont to ride? I'm going there for the first time this weekend and wanted to know what it was like. I'm going to a town called St. Johnsbury, its near the Canadian border I think. And if anyone has been to Tug Hill/Old Forge and to Vermont, is there any way you could compare trails? Thanks to all who reply.
God must love stupid people; He made so many.
XCSPchick

Vermont

Postby reelrazor » January 21st, 2004, 6:09 pm

It is way up there by Canoodia. Basically mountainous by midwest standards. No matter what, you have uphills and downhills to ride. The only flat stuff you will ride is lengthwise through valleys.

Have fun
JGW

No substitutions for revolutions
reelrazor

Vermont

Postby XCtorUPurZR » February 4th, 2004, 4:15 am

Thers no comparison, Vermont is 100 times better than TH or Old Forge. Hope you had a blast!!
Hey Phil, did you hear Cats got ball bearing hood hinges for 2004?
XCtorUPurZR

Vermont

Postby PA500XCSP » February 4th, 2004, 4:25 am

XCSP Chick Joeee & Ken P have been going to Vermont. I know they are going this weekend, I am sure they can help with info. They also said the riding is fantastic.

Have fun.

Phil
PA500XCSP

Vermont

Postby the blur » February 4th, 2004, 6:19 am

cough up $125 to vast. or risk getting a $125 fine.....
hmmmmmmmmmmm. it might pay to take the risk :)
the blur

Vermont

Postby mxzvt » February 4th, 2004, 10:52 am

The trails are good here. We just got 7in. last night so everything should have great cover. Especially up in Northern VT.
mxzvt

Vermont

Postby Joe D. » February 4th, 2004, 11:48 pm

VT. trails are the best besides CANADA and MICH.,KEN and I normally run tug hill till things get settled in then switch over to VT.,we normally stay at the St. Johnsbury Comfort Inn suites great place,but for the next few weeks ROTALARIUS has rented a house and we will share in the cost an stay there. joeee cell 201-954-3135 call if you want to meet
Joe D.

Vermont

Postby XCSPchick » February 5th, 2004, 3:27 am

Well Vermont was amazing. The only thing that sucked was the temps. The weekend we went up it was -11 the first night and -18 Saturday night (without wind chill). But I put 50 layers on and I was fine. The trails were awesome plus we hardly ever passed any other sleds. I hope to go again soon, it was definitely a great place to go. The permits were a little pricey but considering its for the entire state of Vermont and the hotel room was only $50 a night it seemed to work at well. If I go again I will get in touch with you guys to see if your going, too bad I didn't know before I went.
God must love stupid people; He made so many.
XCSPchick

Return to SnowmobileNews Forum