Subscribe Today

how do I keep my glasses from fogging inside my goggles

The general snowmobiling discussion. Discuss snowmobile tech, ask about trail conditions, talk about snowmobiling issues, whatever. Just keep it clean!

Postby snoguy14 » February 6th, 2004, 2:32 am

try a no-fog breath deflecting mask.I have used one for ten years and find it does a decent job keeping my glasses clear.Lasic leaves you seeing a "halo" effect at night or so i've been told.Because i work with caustic chemicals at work i can't wear contacts.Check them out at www.royaldistributing.com look on the face mask page.hope this helps you it works for me.
I'm not fast, your just slow.
snoguy14

Postby RV340 » February 6th, 2004, 5:05 am

I've been using a new product that works pretty good. Check it out at www.fogtech.com.
RV340

Postby Machster » February 7th, 2004, 5:35 am

I have tried everything out on the market to prevent fogging, to only thing that works is to wear contacts. weather its behind goggles or a viser.I Just switch to a different soft lens and they ARE great.

Ciao
Black sleds are faster .
[img]http://www.members.shaw.ca/cgard/images/Mach_1.JPG height=240[/img]
Machster

Postby racinfarmer » February 7th, 2004, 6:14 am

Wear contacts. That is what I had to do when I raced, and that is what I still do. That is the only way I have found.

Later
This space left blank in memory of Animal, Doug, and every other snowmobiler who has lost their life participating in the sport they love.
racinfarmer

Postby catdaddy » February 7th, 2004, 6:51 am

Fogtech does work good. Just make sure your lenses are clean and dry before you apply it. I suggest you clean them with warm soapy water first,dry, then apply it.
catdaddy

Postby InfiniteLimits88 » February 7th, 2004, 1:54 pm

josh.....apply some regular hand soap to yer glasses, but apply it dry...but just a lil amount or else you cant see through the soap...it worked for me and my buddies very well....but it doesnt work in - weather tho...try it(if it doesnt work...u breath like a old man)lol.........
InfiniteLimits88

Postby The Mainiac » February 7th, 2004, 3:23 pm

When you figure out the answer to this famous question let me know. I started sledding this year and I find being a wearer of glasses is a major downfall during the ride. I have found that a lot of the anti fog******is just that..Crap. I have worn my contacts which works wonders but I have a hard time on long rides as my eyes like to reject them. Now if you know where I can find a cowling for an 88 Yamaha Phazer look me up LOL Long story but lest say 3 year old..Kill switch.. and me the rider behind the dead sled.

The Mainah
The Mainiac

Postby GThunda » February 8th, 2004, 2:39 am

Another vote for Pro-Vue! I wear contacts so I only use their colored lens snap on system. (I have light sensitive eyes) But I believe their prescription lens system would be a good choice.

Good luck!
GThunda

Postby xmurray » February 9th, 2004, 11:58 am

I use the Ski Doo modular and it works great if I get the mask just right, if not perfect, then I have to crack open the shield a bit. Also nice to be able to take the helmet on and off w/o removing glasses.
xmurray

Postby ns-snomoer » February 11th, 2004, 1:50 am

I would highly recommend the Bombi Modular helmet - it has been the best snowmobiling investment I have ever made. My eyes get irritated by contacts, that wasn't the solution for me. Now, my glasses never fog up, and I have even had completely clear vision thru glasses and shield when my electric shield buddies were frosting up. The only thing to watch is the mask vents icing up, but that only happened to me once after having the helmet on all day at -25C, and probably wouldn't have happened if I was using those little absorbent pad thingys that came with the mask. What a day that was...
[i]Summer sux[/i]
ns-snomoer

PreviousNext

Return to SnowmobileNews Forum