Subscribe Today

Do the REV's dart?

The general snowmobiling discussion. Discuss snowmobile tech, ask about trail conditions, talk about snowmobiling issues, whatever. Just keep it clean!

Do the REV's dart?

Postby pman » March 19th, 2005, 11:13 pm

I am looking to buy a Ski-Doo this time and wondering if the REV's have any darting problems I've been a Polaris guy all my life and I can tell you that when they put those double carbides on the front it stopped all darting, even my 96 XLT that had a big problem with darting stopped. I know they changed the design of the ski again and I'm thinking they may still have darting problems to solve. Need your help before I pull the plug and order one.
[email]hafler3@netzero.com[/email]
pman

Do the REV's dart?

Postby 01 ZR 800 » March 20th, 2005, 12:41 am

i rode a 2005 rev 800 no darting i'm not a ski doo guy but the sled was nice.
01 ZR 800

Do the REV's dart?

Postby RV340 » March 20th, 2005, 1:09 am

My neighbor has an '04 Rev that I've ridden a few times. I can't say that it darted at all, actually it handled very nice. I think they changed the design on the new ones because of a "legal entanglement" with Simmons.

I'm a Polaris guy, but I would consider a Rev for my next sled. They are really sweet when you get into some big moguls.
RV340

Do the REV's dart?

Postby formula600 » March 20th, 2005, 11:25 am

i just rode a 05 Mxz trail 500 SS the other day put 50 miles on it , i must say though revs arent as good as claimed its probably an aquired thing but the rider forward thing is nice on the back but my legs were very un comfortable, no problems with darting though and had a lot of snap but if your following one youll dart those dual carbides are a pain for guys with singles , over all legs were uncomfortable , well powered machine , vibrated a lt , and always felt as if it was going to roll at the tight and twisty corners , hope this helps
I HAVE 600CC BUT IT SUCKS IN DEEP SNOW
1981-ciation 4500
1980-moto-ski mirage II
2001-formula 600 DLX
formula600

Do the REV's dart?

Postby 04RevX » March 21st, 2005, 3:31 am

Just an added note, if you follow in the tracks of another rev(or anything with dual carbide skis) on hard pack it will dart. Other than that it never darts.....
After riding your hardest and riding your fastest day after day you then might have a chance to keep up with me.

If you can read my coat then I must be stopped.
04RevX

Do the REV's dart?

Postby 04RevX » March 21st, 2005, 4:22 am

Just an added note, if you follow in the tracks of another rev(or anything with dual carbide skis) on hard pack it will dart. Other than that it never darts.....
After riding your hardest and riding your fastest day after day you then might have a chance to keep up with me.

If you can read my coat then I must be stopped.
04RevX

Do the REV's dart?

Postby Marvs660 » March 21st, 2005, 10:38 am

Dunno, but I've heard of them crashing going as slow as 15 mph from the skiis. It's a totally different ride, just gotta get used to it I guess and your preference, I don't think I'd wanna own one, engines are a known issue out here.
Pro-X 660
600 Vertical Escape

I lead therefore I am!!!
Marvs660

Return to SnowmobileNews Forum