Subscribe Today

Sledjack and Retrax review

The general snowmobiling discussion. Discuss snowmobile tech, ask about trail conditions, talk about snowmobiling issues, whatever. Just keep it clean!

Postby Yoo » March 23rd, 2005, 6:28 am

Last week the Snow News Radio Network crew had the chance to use the Retrax Wheels on our Yamaha Venture RS on our annual trip to the Rockies. Unlike the past 24 years, the Rockies actually had limited snow conditions, and we had numerous bare spots at gas stations. The Retrax Wheels worked EXCELLENT. Before knocking them, you have to see them in action. We did encounter some snow 'splash,' so we moved the wheels to the inside of the ski's. Have not used them yet in that position, however I'm confident they will work good.

We also installed the Sledjack on the Yamaha. Not only was this easy to operate, when you encounter the melt-freeze-melt scenario, the Sledjack kept the track off the ground over night. What is so surprising is we actually had a 5 year old girl push down on the Sledjack bar to see if she could lift the machine off the ground...and she did. This is the honest truth. Only concern is that it would have been good to get the track a little more off the ground.

BTW, the 05 Yamaha Venture RS 4-Stroke performed EXCELLENT out west, and was extremely comfortable...riding single or double. We had to use it more then we thought since the snow conditions made it difficult to ride the sleds with the 144-2 inch paddles.

All this is IMO.

Skip
Yoo

Postby arcticatman » March 23rd, 2005, 11:25 am

Give that Yami some MILES and she'll be dead ;) ... Glad you had a good time ridding!
[green][b][i]ARCTICATMAN[/i][/b][/green]

1995 [green]Ski-Doo Mach Z 780[/green]

SLEDS THAT ARE MISSED:

1990 [green]ARCTIC CAT JAG AFS DELUXE[/GREEN]
1990 [green]SKI-DOO FORMULA MACH 1[/green]
1986 [GREEN]ARCTIC CAT EL TIGRE 6000[/GREEN]
1978 [GREEN]ARCTIC CAT LYNX 2000T[/GREEN]
1973 [GREEN]SKI-DOO OLYMPIQUE 440[/GREEN]
1972 [GREEN]YAMAHA SL338C[/GREEN]

[green][i]Arctic Cat>What Drives you?[/i][/green]
arcticatman

Postby xcsp » March 24th, 2005, 12:06 am

Yoo, you mention that you had the Retrax wheels mounted to the outside of the ski, shouldn't they have been mounted to the inside-towards the center of the sled? That is how I have mine mounted, per the instructions. This definately should solve alot of the "snow splash".

Curious of the Sledjack, more details please.
xcsp

Return to SnowmobileNews Forum