Subscribe Today

Big 4 Speculation Continued

The general snowmobiling discussion. Discuss snowmobile tech, ask about trail conditions, talk about snowmobiling issues, whatever. Just keep it clean!

Postby Bar It! » February 14th, 2006, 11:50 am

Yoo, the europeans have a class of ATV called quadricycles. They are street legal. How cool is that?!!! Wish we could do that in this country. The supposed most free country in the world, and we can't have street legal ATVs!!!!!
Give us this day our daily braaaaaaaap!
Bar It!

Postby Yoo » February 15th, 2006, 9:24 am

Bar it I TOTALLY agree with you. If you want to see something really radical, a European Car company has a prototype called the Quark...forgot which company.
Yoo

Postby Yoo » February 15th, 2006, 9:28 am

Peugeot has a concept Street legal called the Quark. Check it out on their website. Radical! I'll bet you'll see the Snowmobile OEM's do this in 5 years. Bookmark this comment, see if I'm right.
Yoo

Postby TheOriginalCaptain » February 15th, 2006, 10:38 am

[quote=MM700]Of course ski-doo is gonna go bigger...faster...why???..Cause Cat will do something stupid like come out with a 1,200 cc thundercat...cat has always had little man's complex, and they are not happy right now...they don't like to lose..especially the muscle sled war...something which they dominated with the thundercat for years...now ski-doo has the big gun and they hate it,,,my question is: HOW FAST IS TOO FAST???? Everybody has the right to buy what they want...but do we need sleds that will run 120-125 mph, on public trails???[/quote]
MM700, Do we need sleds that go over 100 or even 80 mph on our public trails? If mfg are to stop building these machines what's next? Putting governors on all of them? Fact is pretty much every machine built goes faster than the legal speed limit in most areas, I know, some areas do not have speed limits. I don't have a problem with the fast machines, I do have a problem with novice sledders and fast machines. Too many first time sledders go out and buy the biggest and fastest machine money can buy and trouble is in the future.
It isn't the fast machine that is the problem it is the person on it. Common sense and enforcement are the key. Don't penalize everyone because of a few people.
TheOriginalCaptain

Postby Bar It! » February 15th, 2006, 10:55 am

Yoo, the Quark is pretty cool! It even has "true" 4WD.

If/when we have a hydrogen refueling network; I could see fuel cells in our future. The future promises to be interesting!!
Bar It!

Postby yamaha nytro 123 » February 15th, 2006, 2:07 pm

where i ride i see kids on ski doo 600's who are standing up and still not over the winshield......idk about u guys but that scares the******outta me....
04 yfz450
yamaha nytro 123

Postby Bar It! » February 16th, 2006, 10:59 am

Nytro, I saw that in Rangeley, ME 3 years ago. An owner of a hotel there (obviously clueless about sleds) bought his 10 year old son a brand new 800 REV!!!

When I asked him why he did this, he told me that he didn't want something his son would outgrow quickly; and he wanted quality and was willing to pay for it. He said he figured that if the sled sold for over 8 grand, it must be a good one:E WOW!!!!!!!
Bar It!

Postby *RABID » February 17th, 2006, 2:03 pm

Sorry YOO...

When I say arguement... I mean as a debating point.
*RABID

Postby ice_racer_440 » February 18th, 2006, 10:34 am

[quote=Bar It!]Yoo, how 'bout another twist on 2-up touring sleds. Why doesn't 'Doo offer a true 2-up seat option for their 121" tracked REV platform? The rider forward platform would be a good application for this. The GSX would be suitable for this. It could create a new class of sled-the sport/touring class.
Not all of us want to drive a 136" (or longer) tracked "school bus" all the time.
My "better half" or our daughter only ride with me once and awhile. When they do, I'd like them to have a good seat,footrests and heated handgrips; like a touring machine.[/quote]

Ski-doo has a (1+1 seat) option for the 121 track sleds. Its a factory option.
ice_racer_440

Postby Yoo » February 21st, 2006, 2:50 pm

David Karpik at BLADE turned me on to the Quark on the Peugeot site. I do think you will see all the OEM's diversify into street legal ATV's. Could be wrong...
Yoo

Previous

Return to SnowmobileNews Forum