Subscribe Today

Four Stroke Sleds

The general snowmobiling discussion. Discuss snowmobile tech, ask about trail conditions, talk about snowmobiling issues, whatever. Just keep it clean!

Four Stroke Sleds

Postby FreezurBurnt » January 6th, 2007, 3:20 pm

The FST are POS look at the FST forums

lots of problems and Poo putting bandaids

Sled has potential but too many headaches

+ it sucks back gas like a ZR 600 :E
[b]ride Chelmsford,Northern Ont. area[/b]

[img]http://www.s-seriesforum.com/forum/images/smilies/bowdown.gif[/img][img]https://www.snowgoer.com/SharedContent/cfb/memberphotos/3793/rig/my%20truck%20driver%20side%20neg.jpg[/img]
[green][b][i]01 ZR 600 early release[/b][/i][/green]
FreezurBurnt

Four Stroke Sleds

Postby Klide » January 6th, 2007, 6:06 pm

four strokes are usually a lot better on gas then two strokes but so far most of the four strokes are heavier. But I know its only a matter of time until the four strokes get as light as the two strokes. Also the four strokes will usually last longer than a two stroke will.
Klide

Four Stroke Sleds

Postby Midwest sledder78 » June 9th, 2007, 4:27 am

Couldn't go wrong. Picked up a BRAND NEW 06 FST for $5600 out the door. Been a Polaris owner for a while and liked the looks and the ergo's of the fusion chassis. We'll see what happens!
Midwest sledder78

Four Stroke Sleds

Postby Fusion06II » June 10th, 2007, 2:18 pm

i heard in snowgoer they had some engine issues or sumthin its in the spring issue rode reports issue
Fusion06II

Four Stroke Sleds

Postby Jpak 7p » June 11th, 2007, 1:48 am

From what I have heard, the 2006's were great machines after having all the updates done. If you can get over the weight or used to the weight, the sled should be awesome.
Jpak 7p

Four Stroke Sleds

Postby NorthernSkunk » June 12th, 2007, 5:59 pm

hey trickle dick..tell me more about the sleds with problems where you work....lol
Na i'm done with you, your to much of an ass for me!

Your on a need to know basis and since you never come out here you don't need to know....
NorthernSkunk

Four Stroke Sleds

Postby Jpak 7p » June 13th, 2007, 2:30 am

Hey stink, I don't see you offering an opinion on the question. IF you have something to say, share it. Everyone has their own opinion, and gets info from various places. Let's hear your $0.02 about the sled. Just because your sleds or experiences might smell up the place, doesn't mean other people have had the same experience. If want to talk trash, go the the correct forum.
Jpak 7p

Four Stroke Sleds

Postby whitedust » June 14th, 2007, 4:35 am

$5600 out the door!!?? You have to wonder about that price? Did you have front end recall done? You don't want those shocks breaking off. May be that was just 2007s but check it out as you don't want to get hurt at any price. Make the dealer answer the question & not shine you on too much at stake.
whitedust

Four Stroke Sleds

Postby snofisher » June 15th, 2007, 4:14 pm

a guy i know in iowa bought a 06 left over FST touring for the 07 season. the dealer would not let him take it home untill all the updates were done. all his buds were jawing at him about it saying this and that about the polaris 4 strokes. well he got the sled about the same time the snow hit and put on 3000 plus trouble free miles last season. to say the least he is very happy with this sled.

i my self ride a yami vector now after 20 plus years on polaris. i to was not convinced/impressed about the new polaris sleds 2 or 4 strokes. i do like the vector though but when its time for a new one i will be checking out all options.
snofisher

Four Stroke Sleds

Postby Jpak 7p » June 16th, 2007, 10:49 am

The FST is a good/great sled, but until Polaris drops 50+ pounds, it will never be considered by many riders. As seen in some of the magazine tests, this thing hauls, and will give many 800's a run. Yamaha is heading in the right direction, every year their sleds get better and better, lose weight, and the new Nytro should be a great sled for Yamaha. Rumors on the Totally Yamaha website has Yamaha making another big splash for 2009. From what many people hear, they are to unleash a new 160+ HP Four-stroke, probably similar to the Nytro chassis for 2009. Plus many people are complaining about the small tank on the Nytro, so a bigger tank will be in the works. Several people that snowchecked a 2008 Nytro have been checking with Boss to see about a larger tank and seat.
Jpak 7p

Previous

Return to SnowmobileNews Forum